Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Vinyl

Comments

• OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    found at least part of it, and now its refreshing my memory.

apparently the seller was just a piece of shit and somehow reported that I was trying to get out of a deal by non-payment. even though I paid... and received the album. dickclogs complied with him for some reason and I got the boot lol.

I love winning with women
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    I’m selling mine lol 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    OPP said:
    I put something in my cart and forgot to check out, which apparently gets you banned lol. I tried to re-register a while back with a new email but it wouldnt work at the time so I gave up.

I've done that before, i'm still able to use the site lol
    inb4lists
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Received my two vinyl packages from two different companies ordered a month apart on the same day.

Its like vinyl Christmas 
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    Been browsing for old school stereo components a lot lately. I think I'm about to turn into one of those guys lol.
    Pass the god damn butter.
    Been browsing for old school stereo components a lot lately. I think I'm about to turn into one of those guys lol.
    As someone who started out collecting vinyl as glorified posters, i never imagined getting so involved with the audio side of it. I have a pretty sweet set up now.

Its still in boxes from the move but i might unpack it this weekend and post pics. I have a really nice Sony receiver my girlfriend bought me for my birthday a few years back, and a quad speaker setup that sounds killer when playing records in stereo. 
    Post pics when you get it set up. I miss the big monster stereos of my childhood. Everybody had killer stereos back then. Now it's just sound bars and Bluetooth speakers. There was a nice little turntable unit posted in a local fb group today, but it's only a 40 watt set up lol.  I need that sweet receiver set up. One of the guys I trim with might have a turntable set up with a nice pre amp in storage for me.

My wife is already complaining we don't have room for the setup I want =))
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    My best friend found one of those old turntables that pretty much comes as part of a desk, complete with speakers attached. It was made in 1952, but it still works. The only thing that sucks is that being that old, it can’t really handle modern bass. When we play rap albums on it, it makes the needle skip
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    i have to replace my needle/cartridge one of these days, but since i dont wanna take it apart myself in fear of fucking something up, im gonna need to take it into a store to do so and those hipster shits will probably try to charge an arm and a leg. maybe a friend knows someone who wouldnt fuck me over.
    I love winning with women
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I was in Newbury Comics last week and bought my first ever vinyl... yeah this is going to become a thing now lol.
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
    I'm gonna be in right behind ya.

Just asked my mom, she has an old stereo for me. My sister has 2 (one is super nice). Just a matter of time now.
    >moms stereo was bookshelf type
    >5 discuss changer 
    >everything works but the disc player 
    >extra speakers though
    >sister still has her nice one 
    >will trade for smaller boombox 
    >not in hand yet 
    >another friend has one 
    >described as "exactly what your looking for"
    >he has to talk to his wife first
    >not in hand yet
    >could end up with both
    >trimmer guy brought me a old turntable
    >looks in great shape
    >not sure if it works yet 
    >I don't own any vinyl lol

Dude, just hit the local thrift store or goodwill. There will be something odd there worth the $.77. I hit one on layover last week and scored the second Fat Boys album.
    >I don't own any vinyl
    Will quote a year from now when you're posting your 10x10 album cover block with your whole collection 
    I just never bought vinyl because I had no way to play it. A week ago I was still kicking the idea around. I've got a few spots near me I'll check on Monday if I get the time. Lots of places here sell old records, just not good ones lol. Polka records all day long lol. I have more options by my work, but they don't jive with my scheduled hours most of the time. I'm sure I will be swimming in them soon. Don't let that stop ya from sending shit in the mail if anyone feels compelled to just start my collection though.
    Being elderly like myself, I know you'll find some old 70's rock in one of those places that you low-key enjoy. I've found tons of Queen and Ted Nugent and Fleetwood Mac and their ilk digging in the Goodwill bins. I have all sorts of cool 45s of odd stuff like the Adam West Batman theme song, The Fraggle Rock theme and 'Do the Bartman' culled from thrift store digs
    The hunting is part of the fun.