Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Say Something Random (NSFW)

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    What else
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    edited February 2023

These are the big ones. 

Also more black than Rachel Dolezal
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    Hope you never commit a crime

edited February 2023
    I think 23 and me posts every single police request they receive. You have to upload it yourself into a public database for that. 

I mean its da gumbament so im sure they do whatever they want. Im 35 and weeds legal though so im pretty sure im good lol
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    So for some reason I been on a nostalgia kick and catching up on Metal albums from the past 5 years or so from all the bands I used to listen to heavily, plus a few others. I think what kicked it off was a combination of things. A: I went back to listen to Cynic which has always been somewhat of a constant due to the fact that Traced In Air is forever solidified in my top 10, possibly top 5 albums of all time. And when I did, I saw that they dropped a crispy ass remastered version of Traced In Air, and also dropped a new album in 2021. So I feasted and had them on straight REPEAT, which got me looking around for similar sound and checking out Tech bands’ recent releases. And B: That Milwaukee Metalfest I posted in the tours thread, I am legitimately going to a day or 2 of it most likely due to how stacked it is, so I figured it was now as good a time as ever to catch up on shit. Other than coming back to a few favorites like BMTH, Behemoth, etc., I haven’t listened to any Metal at all in YEARS, so obviously I’m behind on their newest albums. For instance, I listened to The Faceless’s newest, that was 2017 so 6 years already, but it was brand new to me lmao. But ultimately I jus been on some random retro kick as a whole for some reason. Saturday night I was on shrooms and somehow ended up listening to strictly 80s music for like 4-5 hours straight. Queen, Michael Jackson, Tears For Fears, Billy Idol, etc., shit I don’t even listen to whatsoever normally lmao.

But I say all that to ask, what’s been fire in the world of Metal lately? Like last 5ish years. Looking for album suggestions. So far I’ve already listened to the newest Behemoth, Cradle Of Filth, LOG, Miss May I, KSE, Slipknot, The Faceless, Whitechapel, bout to listen to newest Born Of Osiris, Veil Of Maya, Fallujah, and Obscura tonight. Bonus points for anything more Tech/Trippy/Experimental cause that’s what I always gravitate more towards in any genre, but anything is fine. Jus nothing crusty mix/master wise. I need polished and crispy otherwise I lose interest real quick.
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,790 jayfacer
    Limp Bizkit dropped a new album in 2021 called Still Sucks that was pretty awesome go check it 
    So for some reason I been on a nostalgia kick and catching up on Metal albums from the past 5 years or so from all the bands I used to listen to heavily, plus a few others. I think what kicked it off was a combination of things. A: I went back to listen to Cynic which has always been somewhat of a constant due to the fact that Traced In Air is forever solidified in my top 10, possibly top 5 albums of all time. And when I did, I saw that they dropped a crispy ass remastered version of Traced In Air, and also dropped a new album in 2021. So I feasted and had them on straight REPEAT, which got me looking around for similar sound and checking out Tech bands’ recent releases. And B: That Milwaukee Metalfest I posted in the tours thread, I am legitimately going to a day or 2 of it most likely due to how stacked it is, so I figured it was now as good a time as ever to catch up on shit. Other than coming back to a few favorites like BMTH, Behemoth, etc., I haven’t listened to any Metal at all in YEARS, so obviously I’m behind on their newest albums. For instance, I listened to The Faceless’s newest, that was 2017 so 6 years already, but it was brand new to me lmao. But ultimately I jus been on some random retro kick as a whole for some reason. Saturday night I was on shrooms and somehow ended up listening to strictly 80s music for like 4-5 hours straight. Queen, Michael Jackson, Tears For Fears, Billy Idol, etc., shit I don’t even listen to whatsoever normally lmao.

But I say all that to ask, what’s been fire in the world of Metal lately? Like last 5ish years. Looking for album suggestions. So far I’ve already listened to the newest Behemoth, Cradle Of Filth, LOG, Miss May I, KSE, Slipknot, The Faceless, Whitechapel, bout to listen to newest Born Of Osiris, Veil Of Maya, Fallujah, and Obscura tonight. Bonus points for anything more Tech/Trippy/Experimental cause that’s what I always gravitate more towards in any genre, but anything is fine. Jus nothing crusty mix/master wise. I need polished and crispy otherwise I lose interest real quick.
    Personally, I've been big on metalcore and melodeath stuff. Mechina is a new band I discovered that I'm obsessed with. Demon Hunter and Becoming The Archetype dropped bangers last year. Trivium is still putting out the best music of their career. I've also been big into avante garde metal bands like Dog Fashion Disco, and Polkadot Cadaver, weird experimental, ADHD stuff. And industrial metal like Circus Of Dead Squirrels, and Rabbit Junk. I like metal that's either really melodic, or really different and out there. 

In the realm of pop culture, and "whats-in" in metal - Hardcore, deathcore, slam, and nu metal are king. The most popular bands amongst kids right now are like Lorna Shora (probably the most popular band in metal right now), Spiritbox, Sleep Token, Vended, Vulodynia, Slaughter To Prevail, Archespire, Turnstile... that kind of shit. I don't really listen to any of them, but that's what's in.
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Turnstile still wanna the most hyped shows I’ve seen. Never been to a show when the whole floor and seats don’t stop moving from first note to last. 
    The Warning and Fire From The Gods are two newer groups I’ve been into. They’ve been putting out some killer shit. Fire From The Gods dropped a record called Soul Revolution last year and it rips 
    From Those Ashes is the best new band 
    They’re cool but I hear their singer is kind of a fag
    I saw a Tim Allen tweet, and they are going to make a toy story 5 smh
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Orbit culture 
    slaughter to prevail 
    knocked loose 
    bleed from within 
    Bloodywood 

start there and reach out if you want more 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    the only time ive listened to knocked loose was when they opened knotfest iowa.

they lit it up pretty nice. 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Crystal Lake
    Counterparts
    Lorna Shore
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    edited February 2023
    Don't listen to em Erik.
    Folk punk is the new hotness
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
    We got the family a subscription box for Christmas. It's actually really awesome. 

It's called universal yums, and every month we get a box full of snacks from a country somewhere in the world.

It comes with a whole history of each food to read off to the kids and stuff. It's really cool. 
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    edited March 2023

Personally, I've been big on metalcore and melodeath stuff. Mechina is a new band I discovered that I'm obsessed with. Demon Hunter and Becoming The Archetype dropped bangers last year. Trivium is still putting out the best music of their career. I've also been big into avante garde metal bands like Dog Fashion Disco, and Polkadot Cadaver, weird experimental, ADHD stuff. And industrial metal like Circus Of Dead Squirrels, and Rabbit Junk. I like metal that's either really melodic, or really different and out there. 

In the realm of pop culture, and "whats-in" in metal - Hardcore, deathcore, slam, and nu metal are king. The most popular bands amongst kids right now are like Lorna Shora (probably the most popular band in metal right now), Spiritbox, Sleep Token, Vended, Vulodynia, Slaughter To Prevail, Archespire, Turnstile... that kind of shit. I don't really listen to any of them, but that's what's in.
    Appreciate the thorough response. I wasn’t asking about relevancy really, jus moreso personal best and favorite Metal albums that have been released in that time frame. I did know already about Lorna Shore’s rise to fame so to speak, like I said I saw them over the summer at Lolla and was extremely surprised that they were there, because Extreme Metal of any kind is NEVER booked for Lolla. So that alone kinda tells you where their status is at. Which is still surprising to me. Usually any Metal that catches on more mainstream like that is catchier or using trendy sounds, Lorna Shore really does neither of those, their shit is a lot more intricate. Yea they have breakdowns here and there so the trendy “Core” element is there, but they’re nowhere near stereotypical Deathcore bands like a Suicide Silence, old WhiteChapel, Carnifex, etc. The newest album is extremely cinematic and honestly sounded more like Blackened Tech Death than anything else. Which speaking of, Pain Remains was one of the standouts of what I listened to as far as Metal albums, I jus feel like there’s too much of a “wall of sound” type feel at times, where there’s jus too much going on, which makes individual songs stand out less. I wish they would focus a lil more on the catchiness because some of their melodies, especially in the synths department, are absolutely insane and reminded me of Cradle Of Filth and what made a lot of their shit so catchy. My favorite shit ever in Extreme Metal of any kind is when a band is successfully able to create catchy music that is still heavy as fuck, without feeling bubblegum. That’s why Behemoth was always my absolute favorite in that department. 

But other than that, still been catching up and listening to at least one new album per day at work, so far some favorites have been both Born Of Osiris and Veil Of Maya’s most recent, newest Obscura was gas, newest The Faceless had some CRAZY records but I didn’t like their overuse of clean vocals, because I don’t really like dude’s voice. Sounds weird and doesn’t really fit imo. Most surprising listen was the newest WhiteChapel. I do remember reading bout how they changed sound and use clean vocals now and shit, but Goddamn it really is an entirely different band now lmao. Their last album I heard was A New Era Of Corruption, then I jumped straight into Kin. Never heard any of the albums in between those 2 so I definitely gotta go back and hear the transition cause Goddamn they pulled almost as big of a 180 as Bring Me The Horizon lmao. Also side note, Kin was one of the most pained albums I heard in a long time, that was a heavy listen. And I don’t mean it in a corny ass “This band is sooo deep bruh.” but moreso that somebody should prolly do some kind of wellness check on Phil and make sure he good after that one lmao.

Top 2 individual songs so far that have stayed in my head and been on repeat are Once Upon A Pale Horse - Behemoth, and Lost Souls - Born Of Osiris. I literally said “WHAT THE FUCK” when Lost Souls first started playing lmao one of the craziest records I heard in any genre in a minute.

https://youtu.be/EDxLLMQPqAg

Post edited by EpisodeMnH on
    Definitely check out Mechina.