Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Say Something Random (NSFW)

Comments

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    edited July 2022
    Why? Thats what it is. 

Reunion is literally two or more people coming together again lol.

Phil and rex were pantera too. People act like they own a steak of pantera themselves lol. Dime and Vinny are dead. They have every right to use the name to make some cash. 
    Just because you have the legal right to do something doesn't mean you should. Tell me you'd feel the same way if Justin and Adam tried to tour as Tool without Maynard and Danny. Rex and Phil have been reunited for two decades in Down. Down is their band. Pantera is them and the Abbot brothers 
    If Maynard and Danny were dead, i wouldn’t really care. Though replacing a vocalist in a band is pretty hard. 

I wouldn’t give a shit i don't think though. I guess i cant really say for sure. 

But its not like phil and rex weren’t there before their success. It would be different if the band was big when they joined i feel, but they contributed to what the band became and i dont think its a big deal if they use the name. 

I get why people dont think its cool or whatever though. 
    I think I'd also feel different if Phil and the Abbotts got along before they died. But to have a reunion of a band when your two band mates carried a grudge against you to their graves makes it feel a little scummy to me.
    Not saying they shouldn't do it. If they wanna do it and people wanna pay to go see it then go for it. I just have zero interest in seeing it. I feel the same way about Alice In Chains. I'm glad they're making money and making music but it's not Alice In Chains without Layne. 
    yeah i feel you. I think Phil has probably carried enough guilt for what happened all these years that i kind of give him a pass. what happened sucks. im sure hes suffered quite a bit.

Not seeing dime will always be something that makes me sad though. 
    Yeah i cant imagine getting in a fight with one of your best friends and then they die. That has to haunt him
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Y’all didn’t listen for some reason when I told you who was doing the pantera thing now everyone is reporting it 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    Man. With those guys, if they can keep it together for the whole tour. Idc what you say its gonna be lit. 
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    Not saying they shouldn't do it. If they wanna do it and people wanna pay to go see it then go for it. I just have zero interest in seeing it. I feel the same way about Alice In Chains. I'm glad they're making money and making music but it's not Alice In Chains without Layne. 
    I do like new Alice In Chains, but I get it. 

Static-X comes to mind too. New dude even wears a mask of zombie Wayne's face. Kinda fucked up tbh
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Yeah the static x thing i find pretty weird lol
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,788 jayfacer
    Why? Thats what it is. 

Reunion is literally two or more people coming together again lol.

Phil and rex were pantera too. People act like they own a steak of pantera themselves lol. Dime and Vinny are dead. They have every right to use the name to make some cash. 
     Vinny and Dime didn't quit or get fired, dude. Dime was brutally murdered and Vinnie didn't speak to Phil until the day he died. The idea of it being a reunion is fucking laughable gtfo
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    I know what I’m in for. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    I’m actually hoping my buddy with the Anthrax hookup can extend that into something sweet when the time comes. 
    Pass the god damn butter.