Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Say Something Random (NSFW)

Comments

• FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    nohohank said:
    Fellas, am I an SJW for actually giving a shit about the art created by the people I support and not just forming it to my own views and neglecting everything else?
    I related to the depression, drug, and alcohol use of BoJack, hence why I loved his character. 
    Dont forget about the narcissism and delusions of grandeur 
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    Show's retarded anyways
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • ThatGuyArloThatGuyArlo Posts: 1,430 jayfacer
    Show's retarded anyways
    The fuck? It's like one of the best animated shows of all time.
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    nohohank said:
    Fellas, am I an SJW for actually giving a shit about the art created by the people I support and not just forming it to my own views and neglecting everything else?
    I related to the depression, drug, and alcohol use of BoJack, hence why I loved his character. 
    Dont forget about the narcissism and delusions of grandeur 
    Suck this grand dick from the back.
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    @nohohank and @EpisodeMnH can you guys just fuck already? I'm getting tired of you two bitching at each other 
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    These people in Minnesota need to learn how to riot better. Been a real snooze fest so far. 
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    So my aquarium is on the second floor, and when I do water changes, I jus been pouring it out of the window into my bushes instead of carrying heavy ass buckets down the stairs. Figured it was all cool cause I was simultaneously watering the bush.

The bush is now completely dead.

It’s saltwater and I jus learned salt is literally used as a weed killer.

WHOOPS. 😐
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Peace

Peace never lasts
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    Gnomez said:
    @SATAN how is the house renovation going ?
    It’s been complicated. One of the prior owners went to great lengths to cover up a bunch of termite damage. I pulled the siding off the side wall a few weeks ago to find out that one of the back rooms was about to cave in. We had to jack the house up in 6 different places to replace the seals that were rotted out. We still have a few to replace, but I’ve removed the siding one every corner of the house and it appears we’ve at least found the last of the termite damage and rot. It’s set us back about a month.

However...

I decided I’m not going to move into the house. When we had the roof replaced, we started selling the old shingles that were removed. Since the house is so old, everything that comes off it is an antique. One of my neighbors stopped by and pointed out that the bricks I had been removing from a crumbling fireplace had thumb prints on them. I had noticed them, but wasn’t aware that was something special. It turns out that the bricks with thumbprints were culled by slaves. The masters forced them to thumbprint the bricks so they could hold them accountable. The bricks are valuable, and they date the house as much older than we were told. Property tax records had the house built in 1898, more than 35 years after slavery was abolished. I’m pretty sure the house is from the 1850s. I’ve been auditioning real estate agents the last couple of weeks. The house isn’t close to being done, but the agents that have seen what I’m doing to it say that once I’m done, it will sell for somewhere around $425k. I’ve put less than $110k into it so far, so I stand to make a good profit. I’ve been looking at land to build on. Half of west Georgia is for sale right now. I’m prolly gonna get somewhere around 30-50 acres to build a spread. Between everything I’ve learned working on this house and the connections I’ve met for resources and equipment, I should be able to get it done for a reasonable amount and still have plenty of money for my next flip 
    Who is nohohank?
    Great stuff @SATAN
    Shit that's really interesting about the age of the house and the bricks 
    I never realised termites were such a huge issue in houses either 
    edited April 2021
    Yeah termites will fuck up a house worse than just about anything. The house is almost 3100 square ft, so the seals had a ridiculous amount of weight on them. One in the front was completely rotted through. It took three 30 ton jacks to lift the house correctly. The back rooms used to be a double decker porch. When it was closed up and made into rooms, it wasn’t supported properly to take on all the additional weight. It’s really fucked. It’s been prolly 70-80 years since it was closed in and the weight has just crushed all the wood in the walls. I have additional help coming out this weekend to finish fixing it. The windows arrived today so they will be installed next week
    Is it a mission to get consents from the local council to do all the work to make sure you do the work correctly and comply with new building codes?

Is it classed as a historic building and if so do you have to keep it to the style and construction to how it was originally built ?
    If it’s new construction or construction outside the exterior walls, we have to get a permit and hire an engineer to make sure everything is up to code. We haven’t gotten that far yet. We will need all that next month when we start building the porches.
    edited April 2021
    Double post fail...but how???
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    Welcome to the club
    Next month will be my ten year anniversary on this board

I spent 6 years on a different site that collapsed before Wake invited me here. I was a mod there. 

I spent 5 years on the Mastodon and Ozzfest boards before that

I was a mod for 3 years on Yahoo’s heavy metal message boards before that. I met my first wife there.

My Facebook is still littered with people I met through all of those communities. Some of them were friends back in the Friendster and myspace days. Most of them grew out of metal. I’ve known of Monica, Distance, Jag, Live DD and Catz since around 2003. I’ve known Monica since she was like 15. She used to catfish dudes on the Ozzfest forums and get them to send incriminating shit like nudes. Catz used to run his own forum that was a spinoff from the old Slayer boards. He was really angry and stuffy back then. Called himself ErsatzSadien. He had written a book and used the site to peddle it. He was a completely different personality there than here. So was Wake. Wake used to be really angry and rail about his mom and wife. He was into Pantera the way Todd is into Tool. I really think he wanted to be the cool elder statesmen here. He was a lot more “mature” here, I guess. 

I’ve managed to retain the handle of “SATAN” for 17-18 years across different communities. I never participated in the Mayhem forums cuz elitist 😝 I’m such a dork sometimes. I wonder how much time I’ve burned fucking around in these boards. I wonder if I’ll still be doing this when I’m 60...
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    I was on the Ozzboards, but didn’t post much. I still had a social life at that point and I hate joining communities where everyone already knows each other and I don’t know any of the inside jokes. I usually just lurk those places. The OG Mayhem boards were fun because they were so new. There was less than a page of threads when I signed up. No more of any sort either, so it was wild for awhile. 
    Pass the god damn butter.