Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Say Something Random (NSFW)

Comments

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,593 spicy boy
    Oh cause of getting fat. Yeah i get that. 

If you are only eating fast food occasionally and are choosing chick fil a over popeyes, were going to have to re-evaluate whos ignored. Might lift the gary ban to put you in his place. 
  • Number1RamsFanNumber1RamsFan Posts: 9,355 destroyer of motherfuckers
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    Found out today that they are firing the lady i have been bitching about on here lolol. 

Shes a cancer. Good riddance. 
    darn. There goes the coffee cup Covid idea. 
    =)))))

im still probably taking the job i am interviewing for on friday if i end up receiving an offer. They are already looking to hire from the outside Here. Which is good because we need someone. But they arent looking to promote internally at all. 

Which i kind of get. They have me doing what they need me to do. But after 6 years with no real signs of progression, its hard to stay motivated to do the same thing. I want to be challenged. 

More than anything i want an opportunity for growth. Iv worked pretty hard, and put up with a lot of bullshit They ask me to do. 

Its a tough choice, because my boss is one of my friends. But if they dont have a vision for my future im ready to bet on myself and go somewhere that will give me a better chance to be successful even if i am taking a risk and leaving something im
    pretty comfortable with. 

Fuck its a tough decision though. 

So go talk to your boss. Tell him you put the time and the work in and you want to know where it’s leading to and you want to take the next step. If he doesn’t have an answer for that ask what is the maximum financial potential of the job you are currently in. What’s the most you can make in that role?

Good chance you get yourself a raise. 
    Pass the god damn butter.

If you are only eating fast food occasionally and are choosing chick fil a over popeyes, were going to have to re-evaluate whos ignored. Might lift the gary ban to put you in his place. 
    The closest Popeyes is like 40 minutes from me now. Chik Fil A is right down the street. 
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    Idk why there’s always been the misconception about fast food making you fat. I mean it’s unhealthy food but that’s a different conversation in itself. End of the day it’s calories in and calories out. You can get fat by eating strictly “healthy” food from the grocery store too. When I had lost 70 pounds, I definitely snuck fast food in at least once a week, and still stayed losing weight. Was counting every calorie tho and that’s the only thing that matters.
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies

The closest Popeyes is like 40 minutes from me now. Chik Fil A is right down the street. 
    Spicy sammich is all you need 
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Idk why there’s always been the misconception about fast food making you fat. I mean it’s unhealthy food but that’s a different conversation in itself. End of the day it’s calories in and calories out. You can get fat by eating strictly “healthy” food from the grocery store too. When I had lost 70 pounds, I definitely snuck fast food in at least once a week, and still stayed losing weight. Was counting every calorie tho and that’s the only thing that matters.
    It’s unhealthy that it can give you a heart attack if you don’t work out that’s about it.

if you work out like Michael Phelps you can it whatever the fuck you want and not get fat. That dude would chow down pizzas, fries foods, and all other shit cause swimming was burning those calories like crazy. 
    But yes, Culver’s is fire. Haven’t been there in the longest and idk why cause there’s one really close. They’re primarily only in the Midwest if I’m not mistaken and especially Wisconsin. Their pulled pork, cheese curds, and their vanilla custard are their top 3. That custard is harder than any ice cream you’ll ever eat in your life smh.
    It’s unhealthy that it can give you a heart attack if you don’t work out that’s about it.

if you work out like Michael Phelps you can it whatever the fuck you want and not get fat. That dude would chow down pizzas, fries foods, and all other shit cause swimming was burning those calories like crazy. 
    For real lmfao I remember reading that he was up to 20,000 calories a day during training for the Olympics. Insane.
    It just makes me feel like shit for a day or two after a big greasy meal. I try to avoid it as much as possible. I only go to Chik Fil A or Chipotle when I'm really high and drunk. 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Ochocinco used to eat McDonald's every day after practice lma
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Bro, your average Fast food restaurant is no dirtier than your regular restaurant. 
    I feel food could be do much healthier in this country without almost no change in taste. Just reducing the sodium to what’s actually necessary would be a huge step in the right direction. And yeah - it’s a problem in both fast food and regular restaurants 
    edited July 2020
    Found out today that they are firing the lady i have been bitching about on here lolol. 

Shes a cancer. Good riddance. 
    darn. There goes the coffee cup Covid idea. 
    =)))))

if i am taking a risk and leaving something im
    pretty comfortable with. 

Fuck its a tough decision though. 

So go talk to your boss. Tell him you put the time and the work in and you want to know where it’s leading to and you want to take the next step. If he doesn’t have an answer for that ask what is the maximum financial potential of the job you are currently in. What’s the most you can make in that role?

Good chance you get yourself a raise. 
    Absolutely this. Get your new offer letter in hand, then talk to your current boss. “I love working here but I’m underpaid. Ive got an offer that compensates me more in line with how much I value my time. I would consider staying if you could get my salary up to X” (where X is your new offer +20% or whatever you want to say. Be aggressive as you want. You have an offer in hand, worst case you take that pay bump. Don’t offer to stay for a match in the offer) 
    All of that is great advice. Im honestly more so lookin for a culture change and and opportunity to grow though. 

Id even honestly be willing to take a pay cut, because in 2 years i could be making double what i am now. I would be switching from a custom Service role, to a producer role (basically sales) which i would then be getting commission pay. 

Which really doesn’t scare me at all. Insurance almost sells itself. 
    My job is technically classified a sales job. Engineering sales. It was eye opening to me how financially advantageous sales roles are 
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    Have you considered applying for a role at Gallaghers johnnie? We could be workmates?
    Yeah sales are the way to go if you've got the drive. In college i worked for T-Mobile and their base pay was real shitty like 10 bucks an hour but i'd end up making 20-22 an hour after commission. But i worked with other college kids who didn't know how to sell and they'd bitch about their shitty paycheck.

I work at a bank now and its the same thing now, just with adults. 
    Gnomez said:
    Have you considered applying for a role at Gallaghers johnnie? We could be workmates?
    Haven’t thought about it. Idk much about your company. 
    Yeah sales are the way to go if you've got the drive. In college i worked for T-Mobile and their base pay was real shitty like 10 bucks an hour but i'd end up making 20-22 an hour after commission. But i worked with other college kids who didn't know how to sell and they'd bitch about their shitty paycheck.

I work at a bank now and its the same thing now, just with adults. 
    Yeah. Its pretty easy with insurance around here. You take their info, plus it into a rating system. Fool around with a few things, ask them some questions l, and you either give them a rate that beats their current one or you dont. 

Personal lines its pretty simple around here. Its commercial that can be harder, but there can be more money there. 

This office said they have tons of opportunity to sell, but not enough people to do it. 
    Do you get paid more for cross-sell? Like if someone gets auto, home, and life insurance do you get a bonus?