Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Say Something Random (NSFW)

Comments

• EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I do feel bursts of happiness when I make other people happy. Focusing on yourself first is selfish. 
    Yep it is, but what you fail to realize is that being selfish isnt necessarily a bad thing. Many great things come out of being selfish.   Lets take your pathetic life as an example....

You claim to put everyone above yourself and because of it you are a miserable person that no one likes to be around. Being around people like this (you) makes people feel depressed and miserable. Now lets say you changed this aspect of yourself and you were more selfish and started living life to make you happy. Now you are happy, positive, and determined. Everyone likes being around someone that is happy and positive and successful. Being around people like that has a side effect of making others feel happy. So what positive effect has been gained from you putting others first? You've made the world a worse place MC. You'd be better off putting a shotgun in your mouth.

And this is a very trivial example of why it is good to be selfish. Being selfish is an important quality in being successful in business. If you are successful in business then you will be creating jobs for many people, which helps them provide for their life and families and gives them more opportunities for being happy in their life.

I could do this all day. The made up story of Jesus Christ is a fucking farce and not realistic. You need to stop thinking your life needs to be like this imaginary character, because it's a recipe for failure.

As much as I usually hate them, this is Wake's best paragraph of doom of all time.
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Wake going full Ayn Rand on us. gtfo with that
    Im really kinda tired of comments like this reference Ayn Rand. Im not going full Ayn Rand on anyone, and if you actually wanted to have a constructive conversation you'd instead post actual data that disputed the claims I made.

I'll also add that there is no way to know peoples intentions. Take fictional Jesus as an example- I could claim he is the most selfish person I know because everything he did was to make himself feel better about life. The only reason why he was oiling peoples feet is to make him feel better about his miserable life. Jesus was a selfish bitch.

And that's really my point. People use the term selfish as a bad term but it isnt necessarily true or the case. It can be. Like Scruge McDuck in general is a fictional character who was very selfish with money and on the whole made life miserable for a lot of people. Im not advocating that sort of selfishness. Nor am i advocating being selfsih in ways that make others miserable. Like I dont think you should be raping or killing others because that makes you happy.

What I am saying is that your primary goal in life should be to make yourself happy. And once you have positioned your life in a place where you are happy then that will have a very positive effect of making many others happy. Your happiness shouldnt come at the expense of others sorrow. But your happyness should come before trying to fix others happiness problems, because you can't help fix something you can't take care of yourself. So if you are depressed and close to putting shotgun in your mouth like MC, fucking deal with that shit. Change your god damn life so you starting being happy with living.
    Yea fuck that Wake, Im sorry. 
    So says the most depressed person on the site who everyone universally agrees is fucking life up best. You literally have nothing to base your opinions on because you are a failure at happiness.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,714 spicy boy
    Putting yourself before others is what makes this world a shit hole. I dont care if Im unhappy as long as I can make somebody else feel happy. And my friends like spending time with me. They know Im depressed. But that doesnt mean im not fun to be around. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Number1RamsFanNumber1RamsFan Posts: 9,355 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Fuck drugs

I don't even want to hear about your stupid ass problems til' you've smoked pot.
    Fuck drugs

I don't even want to hear about your stupid ass problems til' you've smoked pot.
    A life I need be using substance to be happy, is a life I dont want. If I cant find meaning sober, then there is no meaning.
    Pot isn't a substance, it's a plant.
    At the end of the day YOU are all you truly have and can truly 100% trust. The preservation of that is more important than anything else. You're the only one that has to deal wit your thoughts 24/7. Not living in a self imposed prison is more important than anything else. If I'm selfish for that then I'll gladly take that title cause my emotions > yours. 
    Putting yourself before others is what makes this world a shit hole. I dont care if Im unhappy as long as I can make somebody else feel happy. And my friends like spending time with me. They know Im depressed. But that doesnt mean im not fun to be around. 
    If you were happy people would like spending more time with you. If you were happy women would find you more attractive. If you were happy your happiness would rub off on others and make others happier then they were. If you can't fix what is broken with your car, you have no chance of helping others with the same problem. Fix your own shit first and then help others.
    At the end of the day YOU are all you truly have and can truly 100% trust. The preservation of that is more important than anything else. You're the only one that has to deal wit your thoughts 24/7. Not living in a self imposed prison is more important than anything else. If I'm selfish for that then I'll gladly take that title cause my emotions > yours. 
    Really don't like agreeing with Erik, but this comment is legit. Funny that Erik (youngest on the board) has it more figured out than MC or anyone disagreeing with my previous comments.
    My depression stems from problems outside of my control. 
    1. I dont have a band or creative outlet. I cant just walk outside and find dudes I mesh with and have the same creative vision as. That takes a bit of luck. 
    2. Im in love with a girl who doesnt feel the same way about me. I cant force this girl to have feelings for me. 
    3. The unncertainty of the future. Im doing my best in school, but that doesnt guarantee me a job or internship. Especially in how competitive the entertainment field is. 

Those are the big three things weighing on me. I cant fix myself. Its out of my control. I can help others feel better about themselves and their problems though. 
    Also, I definitely am the type where making others happy makes me happy, but if it comes down to a sacrifice of my happiness for theirs, nope. I will always come before you. And I ain't mad at you if you come before me, that's how it should be. Self preservation and stability is everything and life is too short. Do what the fuck you wanna do and live your damn life how you see fit.

1. Smoke pot

2. Smoke pot

3. Smoke pot

edited January 2015
    Incorrect. These are just three small things that you have identified as being the source of your unhappiness but they are likely just the tip of the iceberg and they are all certainly controllable.

1. Look harder, or do it yourself like Erik if that really is an issue.
    2. Move on, and cut off the friendship until it stops affecting you negatively.
    3. Stop focusing on what's to come in the distant future and start making smaller goals to get you there.

Honestly these three things are not the cause you your depression. There is deeper things at play. go hire a shrink or something.
    Also, I definitely am the type where making others happy makes me happy, but if it comes down to a sacrifice of my happiness for theirs, nope. I will always come before you. And I ain't mad at you if you come before me, that's how it should be. Self preservation and stability is everything and life is too short. Do what the fuck you wanna do and live your damn life how you see fit.
    Solid. This is just an excellent comment. This is where I am too, and it's worked out well for me. I'd say on average I make more people happy in real life then the standard deviation. I'd also say that I am selfish in that my happiness does come before others. I don't mean I'll push people out of line to get to the front, and I am not saying I dont do things for others to make them feel good. I do... Im just saying if I was like MC, id be fucking dealing with my depression issues first. You gotta be happy with yourself and your life. That's #1 man.

Lol. I cant control other people :-|
    That shit is outside of my control. I cant help who I connect with and bond with and mesh with. 
    Lol. I cant control other people :-|
    That shit is outside of my control. I cant help who I connect with and bond with and mesh with. 
    I didnt say you can control other people. You can though control who you interface with and have relations with. If not being in a relationship with this girl is making you miserable then for your own mental health you need to cut off contact until a time which you are no longer miserable not being in a relationship with her. The source of your depression is fixable and completely controllable by you. You just choose not to do anything about it so KY.
    Since Florida just legalized gay Marriage, I was looking at the map of states that have not. Looking at the map I realized that the map is reason alone to make you change you mind. If you are on the side of Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Tennessee, and Texas... Don't you think there might be a possibility you might have chosen sides poorly? where 70% of the population lives now, gay marriage is legal. only 13 states don't have it legalized.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    Rex420 said:
    people who "lose themselves" when the do drugs are people that were already completely crazy. They just figure it out when they do drugs.
    Lolno
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    Since Florida just legalized gay Marriage, I was looking at the map of states that have not. Looking at the map I realized that the map is reason alone to make you change you mind. If you are on the side of Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Tennessee, and Texas... Don't you think there might be a possibility you might have chosen sides poorly? where 70% of the population lives now, gay marriage is legal. only 13 states don't have it legalized.
    Aka the religious states
    aka the statistically fattest states
    aka the statistically dumbest states