Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Say Something Random (NSFW)

Comments

• That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    My gf listens to some decent indie/rock stuff, and has gotten me into a few bands like Manchester Orchestra, The Dear Hunter, etc. Plus she went with me to go see Russian Circles/KEN Mode/Inter Arma earlier this year and enjoyed it, so no complaints there.

Another chick I know seriously knows every fucking band on the damn planet, regardless of genre. I've been able to talk music with her literally for hours at a time, she's cool as hell.

Most of the other girls I usually hang out with though with are all about that top-20 rap/pop/country bullshit, makes me wanna punch them.
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    I can stand even talking with the ditsy latter types. I just end up irate.
    I love winning with women
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    Yeah cuz if they're into that shit it kinda overflows into everything else about them. I think that's why music taste is important to begin with. It actually tells you a lot about people
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Umm they fucking suck
    Great....guess I'm not going to try to hard to get that day off work. One of my cousins is super excited because they're apparently touring for the first time in forever. Since our family is super religious arabs that think they're going to hell if they breath the wrong way, I'm kinda the only person who goes to concerts. She wants to go with someone. Was just wondering if you guys had heard of them. I googled em. Singer Chick is hot. Don't know where to start, if at all, with there music though. 
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    Most of my friends listen to rap. Devin is a breath of fresh air. 
    DrDimebag said:
    Umm they fucking suck
    Great....guess I'm not going to try to hard to get that day off work. One of my cousins is super excited because they're apparently touring for the first time in forever. Since our family is super religious arabs that think they're going to hell if they breath the wrong way, I'm kinda the only person who goes to concerts. She wants to go with someone. Was just wondering if you guys had heard of them. I googled em. Singer Chick is hot. Don't know where to start, if at all, with there music though. 
    Unless you really like the Rivendale scenes from Lord of the Rings, don't bother
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    I got a couple of buddies back home and in SJ that listen to metal and the like. Most of my buddies are kind of just all over the place, but none are into stupid top 40 shit
    A lot of my irl friends are musicians and a lot of them listen to what I consider really snobby musiciany music, regardless of genre. Some are into prog. Some are into jazz. Some are into blues. World music...lo-fi hip hop...Jam bands...

IMO once you get to a certain level, you just kinda sap all the fun out of it. I have to keep conversation away from music a lot because even though most of my friends listened to a lot of similar shit to me, I can tell they think I'm a little infantile and passé by sticking with what I consider more youthful musics like metal and rap

• MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    It's almost ironic how snobby some blues people get. The base of your music is a three chord progression and you use baby's first scale. 
    Not to mention it's pretty much a dead music now. It's like someone building a brand new piece if furniture and trying to pass it off as an antique 
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    SATAN said:
    DrDimebag said:
    Umm they fucking suck
    Unless you really like the Rivendale scenes from Lord of the Rings, don't bother
    Im really into all that LotR crap, and I dont dig Within Temptation. They're like a worse Nightwish... Although I do think Anneke Van Giersbergen sang with them once. That was cool.
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    I was mostly kidding, but that is what that type of music reminds me of
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    Actually its more like Evanesance than Nightwish
    I used to listen to one of their albums back when I was first getting into music. This was pretty much their best song
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8hJsKn0wzo

I hate it now. lmao
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    My wife and I actually first started talking to each other because in high school she was talking to my friend he asked her what she was listening to and she said Slayer. My buddy who was into pop punk at the time directed that conversation onto me. 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    edited August 2014
    SATAN said:
    Yeah cuz if they're into that shit it kinda overflows into everything else about them. I think that's why music taste is important to begin with. It actually tells you a lot about people
    Couldn't agree more
    alot of times though it's not their fault I guess.. My parents were  a giant influence in me in music.. Most of my music stems from them.. My mom gave me all the mainstream stuff that's awesome like Springsteen Dylan and the Beatles and my dad is all the underground that I love like Steve Earle john lee hooker tom waits and Lou reed. Some peoples parents grew up listening to journey Bon jovi and Crüe so I guess I can cut them a break lol still you'd think some more people would use music history to form a better musical taste but I guess music just isn't as important to them. Which is a shame cuz if kmfs without it
    Actually its more like Evanesance than Nightwish
    I used to listen to one of their albums back when I was first getting into music. This was pretty much their best song
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8hJsKn0wzo

I hate it now. lmao
    Its ok I guess...at least the singer is hot
    Yeah I got an Evanescence vibe from it as well. 
  • Number1RamsFanNumber1RamsFan Posts: 9,355 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited August 2014
    All the bitches I see who listen to good metal are ratchet. If a girl is hot and claims to listen to "metal," she usually means metalcore and post hardcore. They're always like "OMG have you ever heard of BMTH and Attack Attack and TDWP and Chelsea Grin?!?!?!?" It helps knowing who these bands are but its impossible to talk about them without being a dick.
    Post edited by Number1RamsFan on
    SATAN said:
    Couldn't agree more
    alot of times though it's not their fault I guess.. My parents were  a giant influence in me in music.. Most of my music stems from them.. My mom gave me all the mainstream stuff that's awesome like Springsteen Dylan and the Beatles and my dad is all the underground that I love like Steve Earle john lee hooker tom waits and Lou reed. Some peoples parents grew up listening to journey Bon jovi and Crüe so I guess I can cut them a break lol still you'd think some more people would use music history to form a better musical taste but I guess music just isn't as important to them. Which is a shame cuz if kmfs without it
    My mom likes Foreigner and Journey a lot, then stuff like John Mellancamp, Tom Petty, Springsteen, etc. My dad was into Sabbath and Zeppelin and Pink Floyd but then some other cheesier shit like Foghat and Styx. He also got into weird shit like Zappa and Firesign Theater, which ended up warping me a different way than my peers that all grew up on straight buttrock like Skynyrd. He went to tons of shows when he was young. I used to wanna have a bunch of show stories like him, so I kinda took it to the next level. He's kinda ambivalent about music now, but I managed to get him into Tool, Primus and Mars Volta. As silly as I know they are, I have a sweet spot for Van Halen and Journey cuz of my mom. I still make fun of both cuz they're easy targets, but a lot of those songs remind me of being 5 and playing with my Dukes of Hazard toys lol
    Skeeter_P said:
    All the bitches I see who listen to good metal are ratchet. If a girl is hot and claims to listen to "metal," she usually means metalcore and post hardcore. They're always like "OMG have you ever heard of BMTH and Attack Attack and TDWP and Chelsea Grin?!?!?!?" It helps knowing who these bands are but its impossible to talk about them without being a dick.
    Girls like that are like cookie dough. It's like they've made the plunge into heavy shit, you just gotta show them the correct direction. I had a girlfriend a few years back that was into Shitknot when I met her, but I had her into stuff like Carcass and In Flames pretty quickly. She's married to a dude that's a lot like me now and posts videos for bands like Mammoth Grinder and Black Breath on fb. I keep wanting to message her hubby for some gratitude since I set her straight lol