Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Say Something Random (NSFW)

Comments

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    edited December 2013
    I just call clutch stoner
    Either stoner rock or stoner metal
    They're metal like qotsa are metal I guess which is not really..
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,283 mod

jag said:

Seems like Rolling Stone jumped aboard the sludge/doom/stoner bandwagon with their year end:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/20-best-metal-albums-of-2013-20131211/deafheaven-sunbather-19691231

Fuck Rolling Stone. They're obviously just on the hype train. When they reviewed Sunbather they gave it a 3/5. Personally, I hate that so many of these publications have their regular AOTY lists then a "Best metal albums of the year". It's lame that it's 2013 and metal can't be seen in the same light as most of the other guitar music that fills these lists. The main thing I hate about this year in particular is so many lists are giving Deafheaven the 2nd or 3rd spot, and it's always right behind fucking Yeezus. I liked Yeezus, but so many people are dickriding it because it's "innovative" when Kanye is pretty much just riding the Death Grips train. I'm waiting for somebody to have the balls to just up and give Sunbather AOTY. Not best metal album of the year, but just fucking AOTY. Fuck mainstream music magazines.
    You can kill yourself talking about the God Yeezus like that.

• ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    I know i have sunbather at #1 on my list, but after more listens, i think I'd put the Gorguts and My Bloody Valentine albums ahead of it.

I loved Sunbather, though.
    inb4lists
    edited December 2013
    Xenocide said:

I don't see what was so goddamn mindblowing about Sunbather.

It's cuz it's not
    Once again slap has taken over wines place as knowledgable but completely delusional poster
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    Finnick said:

jag said:

Seems like Rolling Stone jumped aboard the sludge/doom/stoner bandwagon with their year end:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/20-best-metal-albums-of-2013-20131211/deafheaven-sunbather-19691231

Fuck Rolling Stone. They're obviously just on the hype train. When they reviewed Sunbather they gave it a 3/5. Personally, I hate that so many of these publications have their regular AOTY lists then a "Best metal albums of the year". It's lame that it's 2013 and metal can't be seen in the same light as most of the other guitar music that fills these lists. The main thing I hate about this year in particular is so many lists are giving Deafheaven the 2nd or 3rd spot, and it's always right behind fucking Yeezus. I liked Yeezus, but so many people are dickriding it because it's "innovative" when Kanye is pretty much just riding the Death Grips train. I'm waiting for somebody to have the balls to just up and give Sunbather AOTY. Not best metal album of the year, but just fucking AOTY. Fuck mainstream music magazines.
    You can kill yourself talking about the God Yeezus like that.
    Nigga don't even act like Kanye didn't rip off the aggressive sound from shit like The Money Store as far as the production goes.
    NolaMetal said:

Xenocide said:

I don't see what was so goddamn mindblowing about Sunbather.

It's cuz it's not
    Once again slap has taken over wines place as knowledgable but completely delusional poster
    lol
    First of all, fuck kayne west.

Second, sunbather was/is a beautiful album. No it's not #1 AoTY (imo), but it's a fucking good record.
    inb4lists
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Sunbather was good, but not AOTY worthy
    It's sad it's not like we have much to work with in the music world nowadays.. Music as a whole has gone sooo downhill in the last decade or two but regardless.. Aoty should go to an album that is completely legendary and ground breaking. It could literally change the face of mysic like nirvana, beatles, black sabbath, etc. An album ill tell my kids like where I was when I first heard it etc... If you think that sunbather defines that your fucking delusional and there is just no other word for it..
    I'm not gonna try and argue that Sunbather is objectively AOTY worthy or what have you, but it just upsets me with as much praise as it's getting, it's more often than not still just gonna be that one metal album in all of these mainstream publication's AOTY lists. I hate that all of these publications pick up the same one or two metal albums and throw 'em in their lists to try and appease the metal community and it's usually overshadowed by something that's not that great. In the end it's all just hype bullshit, but I'm personally really proud of what Deafheaven accomplished with Sunbather so it just seems like a kick in the face when people say it's the best metal album of the year, but it's only a 3/5 in general or it's still not as good as something like Yeezus, which is probably Kanye's worst record, especially lyrically.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Less shit talking, more best of 2013 lists :-@
    Dude, you can't honestly think songs like I Am A God, Hold My Liquor and I'm In It are on par with Kayne's shit from Late Registration.
    NolaMetal said:

It's sad it's not like we have much to work with in the music world nowadays.. Music as a whole has gone sooo downhill in the last decade or two but regardless.. Aoty should go to an album that is completely legendary and ground breaking. It could literally change the face of mysic like nirvana, beatles, black sabbath, etc. An album ill tell my kids like where I was when I first heard it etc... If you think that sunbather defines that your fucking delusional and there is just no other word for it..

lol
    NolaMetal said:

If you think that sunbather defines that your fucking delusional and there is just no other word for it..

How incredibly close minded of you.

It might be that album for some people.
    inb4lists

I'm not gonna try and argue that Sunbather is objectively AOTY worthy or what have you, but it just upsets me with as much praise as it's getting, it's more often than not still just gonna be that one metal album in all of these mainstream publication's AOTY lists. I hate that all of these publications pick up the same one or two metal albums and throw 'em in their lists to try and appease the metal community and it's usually overshadowed by something that's not that great. In the end it's all just hype bullshit, but I'm personally really proud of what Deafheaven accomplished with Sunbather so it just seems like a kick in the face when people say it's the best metal album of the year, but it's only a 3/5 in general or it's still not as good as something like Yeezus, which is probably Kanye's worst record, especially lyrically.

Aight well that post makes way more sense
    I feel ya
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,283 mod

Dude, you can't honestly think songs like I Am A God, Hold My Liquor and I'm In It are on par with Kayne's shit from Late Registration.

The lyrics on Yeezus aren't as complex as his other albums, but I feel that the production on Yeezus was the best out of his whole catalog.

NolaMetal said:

If you think that sunbather defines that your fucking delusional and there is just no other word for it..

Taylor swift might be that for some people
    Since when do I gaf about some people..
    I think MBDTF takes that cake, but the production on Yeezus is definitely on point.
    NolaMetal said:

NolaMetal said:

Taylor swift might be that for some people
    Since when do I gaf about some people..
    Your statement only implies to your opinion.

It's all about personal prefference.

inb4lists