Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY GRINDS MY GEARS? (NSFW)

Comments

• Options
    MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,559 spicy boy
    Left is from when I got a trim back in February. I was happy with that one, its what I would consider a good cut. Shaped, but left long. So keep in mind that was from February and my beard was a bit longer. 
    Right is from today (wearing the same hoodie lol) Its significantly shorter. Its also no longer shaped how I like it, which means its going to look jowely when it grows back, meaning I need to spend time shaping it again. My beard doesnt grow very fast, and its shorter now than it was years ago. So its going to take quite a while to get back to even where it was before the cut. 
    My dreams of growing a Gandalf beard have been dashed

Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Options
    FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,410 spicy boy
    Yeah he kinda fucked you on the length but it doesn't look bad at all
  • Options
    I just dont understand why barbers feel the need to do that at all. Like "do not affect length" means DO NOT FUCKING CUT IT BITCH. I've only had one hair person I trust, because she gets what Im going for. But she was unavailable until next Wednesday and I have a job interview before that, that I needed to get cleaned up for. So I went to a different dude who was available, and he fucked my shit
  • Options
    EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,612 jayfacer
    Stop going to Great Clips and go to a regular barber in the hood lmao.
  • Options
    Stop going to Great Clips and go to a regular barber in the hood lmao.
    Lol fuck Great Clips 
  • Options
    Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,470 moneytalker
    It doesn’t matter how long it is if it isn’t healthy. They keep doing it because you go so long between getting it trimmed. 

Gandolf didn’t have a Gandolf beard at 30. 

Any other brain busters you need solved?
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • Options
    mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    To be honest the pic with it shorter looks better, this shit is in your head with it “looking stupid” 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • Options
    Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,471 spicy boy
    but yeah. i would never have someone cut my beard if i was worried about them fucking it up. you can literally see the entire thing in a mirror. I would just keep learning how to do it myself. 
  • Options
    Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,470 moneytalker
    Matty Conrad’s beard videos on YouTube is what ya need to watch. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • Options
    I hate how everything is subscription based now. Specifically, I use Proton as my VPN, they have a legitimately free version that works, but you get the slow servers. So shit like game downloads takes literally like 4 hours sometimes lmao. But the thing is, I would be willing to buy it outright and pay, but they literally don’t let you full blown purchase it. It’s either monthly subscription fee for life or the free version. That shit is bullshit. I would be willing to pay as much as $200-$300 jus to own it for life and be done wit it, but I’m not paying a neverending subscription for that shit smh.
  • Options
    I wouldn't fuck with any free VPN if you want protection.

• Options
    Proton is very trusted, even their free version. Like I said you jus get the slow servers but the protection is the same. Free only gives you Netherlands and Japan servers. 
  • Options
    XenoXeno Posts: 21,010 master of ceremonies
    Supposed to be hitting up Baroness and Deafheaven next week but the Cape Cod driver just left for 2 months to recover from hernia surgery, meaning I'm now the Cape Cod driver. I'm the only other driver there under the age 50 so I get stuck with the shittiest route and it's become apparent that if I miss any days, the stops are just being carried over to the next day since my company location only has 5 drivers and we cover all of RI/half of Mass.

So not gonna be going to either, which fucking sucks especially considering I fucking love the new Baroness album. Can't complain too much because I'll be getting guaranteed overtime for 2 straight months during a seasonal lull in construction materials
  • Options
    Already over winter. 

I don't really mind the cold, but I fucking hate the snow, and the worst part is that it gets dark at like 4:45 pm lol. 

I can't wait till my kids graduate so I can gtfo of michigan in the winter. 

Current Nola 10 year plan is to open an agency and then buy a home/condo in either Arizona or Florida boii. 
  • Options
    SATANSATAN Posts: 25,815 spicy boy
    Florida sucks

My advice as a relative local: Aim for the coastal part of the Carolinas. It’s cheaper, not as much hurricane or gator issues, and I think it’s prettier. I have a client that’s in real estate that told me that if I had any money at all to invest in real estate to put it all in place called Bluffton, SC. It’s on a tributary to the Atlantic, just west of Hilton head
  • Options
    That's actually really awesome advice. 

I've been researching it more, and actually just talked to a client who sold his house and bought a food truck and is moving to South Carolina haha. 

But basically what he told me is the cost of living is lower in those areas then retirement destinations, and it's beautiful as well. 

I think I'm honestly just in search of change. I don't want to spend my whole life in one place. 
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    I like the idea of Arizona though because of west coast time zone and sports lol. Other than that it probably sucks haha
  • Options
    SATANSATAN Posts: 25,815 spicy boy
    I have 2 clients that live in that area of SC. They’re both older and from northern states like Jersey and Vermont. Moved there for the quiet. They both complain about the growth, but acknowledge that it’s developing into a desirable destination. Florida has long been a magnet for transplants and retirees and that’s sort of why it sucks. It’s a bunch of old people griping about traffic and a lower class of natives that get treated like indentured servants to do construction and service pools. I don’t like the weather there either. It’s tolerable on the coast because of the sea winds, but the central part of the state is a sticky mess and the coasts are mostly taken up with tourist fodder
  • Options
    mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    My mom lives in Port Royal just to the east of Hilton head can attest to that too. 

Charleston is awesome but has got huge and now everything is expensive I used to live there. 3 miles from the beach our custom built for 150k house in the 90’s is well over 500k now last I looked was over 8 years ago 

Myrtle beach is shit though stay away from there 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!