Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY GRINDS MY GEARS? (NSFW)

Comments

• Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    Drugs.

Doesn't sound like any of this tour is going well for him. At least he didn't cancel on you.
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    Zombie has always been better live anyways 
    inb4lists
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    marilyn blows live now. his boice always sounds so half assed and, yeah, bored. even when i first saw him in 07 with slayer and bleeding through he sounded pretty mediocre.

id have killed to see him in the 90s and early 00s tho. dude needs to retire and paint or some shit idk.
    I love winning with women
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    He's definitely the most volatile live performer I've seen. You never know if he'll be solid or a complete wreck. I've seen both sides of him. Saw the opening date of this current tour and the shenanigans were at a minimum and he sounded fine. :-??
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Does your son like him? Or was he there for just Zombie?
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    not to mention the last time I saw him it was with my ex to this intimate sold out show and he almost ended the set halfway through because he was totally smashed and started fighting his drummer and threatening to kick him out of the band right there on stage. 

got a lot of boos from the crowd. what a cocksucker thing to do right in front of 1200 of your most devoted fans... threaten to kick out your drummer and cut the set when everyone paid pretty high to see them.
    I love winning with women
    Manson is a fucking cock sucker.
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    I've only seen him once. A few years ago in Australia. Hes a weird shit. Cutting himself and licking it and spitting on stage etc. Johnny Depp came and played a song with him as he was filming in Australia at the time. But Depp is a fucking freak show as well....no wonder they're mates 
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    edited August 2018
    Dime said:
    Does your son like him? Or was he there for just Zombie?

My son didn’t know much about Manson really. I played him some songs just so he would get an idea, but clearly nothing stuck. He was just bored and annoyed during his set. He asked me repeatedly “What is he doing?”. All I could do was shrug and laugh.

I actually saw Manson 3 times in his 90s peak. Twice opening for Nine Inch Nails, then a co-headliner with Helmet. All 3 times, he was young and hungry and at least was trying to make it happen. I've never been much of a fan, but at least when he was NIN Jr, he had some personality. As soon as he turned into whatever the fuck Mechanical Animals was, it was over. He's lazy in even his presentation now. When I saw him in the 90s, he would be wrapped in torn pantyhose, painted up like a corpse, cutting holes in himself with broken beer bottles. Last night he was running around in a t-shirt and warm up pants. Every song I've heard by him for a long time now has been a cover. And not even clever covers. Obvious ones. And while he's never been much of a singer, last night he just sounded like a drunk Bowie impersonator
    edited August 2018
    He's definitely the most volatile live performer I've seen. You never know if he'll be solid or a complete wreck. I've seen both sides of him. Saw the opening date of this current tour and the shenanigans were at a minimum and he sounded fine. :-??
    The most volatile performer I've ever seen was...oddly...Fiona Apple. When I saw her last in prolly '06, she came out and by the third song, she was crying. As far as I could tell, she cried most of her set. She spent about half the show sitting on the side of the drum riser, staring at the ground. It was uncomfortable af. 

I saw Lauryn Hill once and it was very similar. She blabs on stage worse than Anselmo and makes about the same amount of sense, even sober
    Yeah, fuck Courtney. I actually still love the first Hole album. It's a shame, the potential she squandered. But she's been a joke for as long as I can remember now. The Lollapalooza set I saw was specifically embarrassing because it was '95 and acting like a slut, teasing people with your tits was really out of vogue at that point. And that was touring her biggest album. She just never was able to get past herself. I wonder sometimes if she's one of those types that talks to her mirrors
    Manson's cover of Cry was terrible.
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    OPP said:
    marilyn blows live now. his boice always sounds so half assed and, yeah, bored. even when i first saw him in 07 with slayer and bleeding through he sounded pretty mediocre.

id have killed to see him in the 90s and early 00s tho. dude needs to retire and paint or some shit idk.
    I went to the show in 1999 when Hole opened for him. Great show very enjoyable 

Best part was there were all these protestors outside before the show... hundreds of them. So during his set he is talking to the crowd and he says 

“now there are some people outside this venue that say MM doesn’t tolslk to god.well I talked to god last night and I said “God, there’s a war of drugs going down right now and I surrender” and god said to me  “Marilyn Manson!!! JESUS CHRIST CREATED MARIJUANA” and god ssud to me “MARILYN MANSON!!!! JESUS CRIST CREATED COCAINE” and god said to me “MARILYN MANDON!!!! HESUS CHRIST CREATED L.....S...... D!!!!” And I said to god “GOD!!! IF ITS GOOD EBOUGH FOR JESUS CHRIST THEN ITS GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME” 

they then started playing The Dope Show 
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    I actually get off early for once and nobody wants to do anything tonight. Grr.... 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Hit up your girl