Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY GRINDS MY GEARS? (NSFW)

Comments

• Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,529 moneytalker
    >open windows
    >throw computer outside
    >close windows
    >problem solved
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,715 spicy boy
    I reject your reality and substitute my own
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,529 moneytalker
    That would require some effort on your part =))
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    edited July 2015
    I'd take the fucker back to the shop I got it from and demand a refund
    Gnomez said:
    I'd take the fucker back to the shop I got it from and demand a refund
    Its 4 years old
    Jobe said:
    That would require some effort on your part =))
    You're such a fag
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I have some friends with some pointers. Judging by the error message its either driver failure or RAM failure. I just finished all my updates. Now Im going to use a driver program and run a windows driver test. If it passes/fixes a problem, and I still have issues. I know I should try reseating my RAM
    Yes... I was going to say either Ram or hard drive. Both of these are easy to replace... Or should be. Before you go replacing stuff though, do this first :

http://www.cnet.com/how-to/test-your-ram-with-windows-memory-diagnostic-tool/

That will tell you if you have RAM issues. Next run scandisk. here are the steps :
    1. Double-click My Computer, and then right-click the hard disk drive you want to check.
    2. Click Properties, and then click Tools.
    3. In Error-checking, click Check Now.
    4. Defrag

Also here is a link to some good harddrive testers. read the article and then pick one (I might go with Seatools but I didnt read the whole article.

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/toolsofthetrade/tp/tophddiag.htm

There is a possibility it is something else too. but let me know what these three things tell you. Then I can give you better advice.

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,610 spicy boy
    If it was his hard drive i doubt he would even be able to get the computer to boot. If you haven't run the ram diagnostics you are a rook, but you should. 
    If it was his hard drive i doubt he would even be able to get the computer to boot. If you haven't run the ram diagnostics you are a rook, but you should. 
    Actually not true... If it is the drive it is just some bad sectors. And he wont hit the blue screen until his computer tries and use some corrupted file in that bad sector. That could happen at almost anytime. The scandisk should be able to find those sort of errors and fix them. If there are too many, then he needs to get a new drive which is also simple enough.,
    So far seems ok since I updated my shit. Best Buy has checked my RAM, and I checked it on CCleaner, and it seemed ok. But if it crashes again, I'll run that program.
    So far seems ok since I updated my shit. Best Buy has checked my RAM, and I checked it on CCleaner, and it seemed ok. But if it crashes again, I'll run that program.
    Dude... seriously, at the very minimum do the first two things I told you to do above... Those dont require installing anything new and it will take 5 minutes, and will tell you if you are good to go. Specifically even if it appears to be running good now... Just do these things for some added confidence.

http://www.cnet.com/how-to/test-your-ram-with-windows-memory-diagnostic-tool/

That will tell you if you have RAM issues. Next run scandisk. here are the steps :
    1. Double-click My Computer, and then right-click the hard disk drive you want to check.
    2. Click Properties, and then click Tools.
    3. In Error-checking, click Check Now.
    4. Defrag

Sarcasm?
    Sarcasm?
    No, he was being serious. I literally develop electronics for a living. I Design, implement, build, test, integrate complicated computer systems. The electronics I develop are also significantly more complex then what you have in your laptop. I built my first computer from components when I was 12 years old.  So when I give computer tips advise (and this is rare because I grow tired of me having to fix everyone's broken shit) it's a good idea to listen. It's like if George was giving tips on how to narc or the best steps to becoming an alcoholic....
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    Wake knows two things how to fuck 9s and windows 9
    Speaking about technology... Im kinda excited about a new project I just finished last weekend. I made a programmable computer chip that doesn't know how to specifically solve any actual problem, however it has the ability to recognize simple problems and then develop it's own solution to that problem. It does this by writing it's own source code to solve the problem, it then implements what it designed, and then reprograms itself to solve that exact problem.

It's pretty cool :)
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,610 spicy boy
    Wake def knows what hes talking about here, but lets be clear. MC's problem on a 1-10 difficulty is like a 2. It's def a minor league issue. 
    Im not an electrical engineer or programmer yo :-|
    And Ive had Best Buy lookin at it like 6 times, their engineers cant fix it either, so fuck yall