Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Mayhemfest 2010 setlists, set times and other information

Comments

• LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Page?
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
  • slip_knotslip_knot Posts: 512 juggalo
    edited July 2010
    Here's my quick review.

I got there around 12:45, eventually got into the Comcast Center at about 1:30 and I headed right to the Silver Star Stage.

In This Moment: Really not too bad at all. I wasn't expecting anything from this band, but they were pretty solid. The circle pit around the soundboard was pretty cool, everyone broke the fence that separated the parking lot from the stages. 7/10.

Just Drive
    Blazin'
    Beautiful Tragedy
    The Promise
    The Gun Show
    Daddy's Fall

STEMM: 7/10. These guys were awesome last year as our Jager Band, however I thought this year's performance was subpar compared to last year's. I also don't understand why they played a NIN cover when they had a 20 minute set.

Blood Soaked
    House of Cards
    Wish (NIN Cover)
    Monster

Norma Jean: 5/10. Watched a few songs, wasn't too impressed. They got absolutely no crowd reaction at all until the trash throwing, which I thought was actually pretty funny because half of the trash being thrown ended up on stage. Incomplete/out of order set:

Memphis Will Be Laid To Waste
    Bayonetwork
    Dilemmachine
    Vipers, Snakes, and Actors

Shadows Fall: Didn't watch them because I had the barrier for Winds of Plague at the Silver Star Stage. They sounded decent.

Winds of Plague: 9/10. Incredible. I was front row, dead center for them and it was just awesome. The crowd was really into their set, and they really delivered. I met them while Atreyu played, and got some stuff signed. Very nice and cool people. I can't wait to see them again.

Earth (Intro)
    Chest and Horns
    Decimate the Weak
    Angels of Debauchery
    The Impaler
    One Body Too Many
    Reloaded

Chimaira: 8/10. Excellent set, the crowd was into them a lot. We got an extra song, The Dehumanizing Process, because Chimaira didn't realize they were only playing 25 minute sets everyday. I hope these guys tour again soon.

Black Heart
    Pleasure In Pain
    Power Trip
    Secrets of the Dead
    The Dehumanizing Process
    Pure Hatred

Atreyu: 6/10. Pretty boring, caught a few songs before waiting to meet Winds of Plague. I was also able to see the end of their set while I waited for Hatebreed. Incomplete set:

Bleeding Mascara
    Becoming the Bull
    Gallows
    You Give Love a Bad Name (Bon Jovi Cover)
    Lip Gloss and Black

Hatebreed: 9/10. Wow, awesome set! A ton of fun, the crowd was really into it. Easily the best reaction for a side stage band yesterday by a mile. 9/10. I'm pretty sure I have the full set, but I'm sure the order is a little bit off.

Everyone Bleeds Now
    In Ashes They Shall Reap
    Hands of a Dying Man
    Smash Your Enemies
    As Diehard As They Come
    Live For This
    Tear It Down
    Perseverance
    Last Breath
    To the Threshold
    Defeatist
    This Is Now
    I Will Be Heard

3 Inches of Blood: Didn't watch them. I browsed the merch tents, bought a Hatebreed shirt and a Mayhem Fest shirt, got some water, and then made my way to the main stage pit.

Five Finger Death Punch: I missed them due to A7X being on the show. I was a little pissed but I got over it. They overlapped with Hatebreed, and right after Hatebreed ended I went to the main stage to try to catch the end of Death Punch, but they had just got off the stage. There were very few people even at the main stage, and I'm sure FFDP wasn't too happy about that.

Lamb of God: 8/10. It was my first time seeing them and they did not disappoint at all. I thought their set was too short and predictable, but overall it was very enjoyable.

The Passing
    In Your Words
    Set to Fail
    Walk With Me in Hell
    Now You've Got Something to Die For
    Laid to Rest
    Redneck
    Black Label

Avenged Sevenfold: 3/10. Worst band of the day by far. It was extremely painful to watch them from the pit, such a boring set. Every member of this band besides Portnoy looked like absolute tools. They didn't impress me at all. They announced several of their songs, so I have a partial set. If someone can help me with the question marks, feel free to do so. (Thanks for filling in the question marks John)

Nightmare
    Critical Acclaim
    Welcome to the Family
    Beast and the Harlot
    Buried Alive
    Unholy Confessions
    Almost Easy

Rob Zombie: 10/10. WOW! Easily one of the best performances I've ever seen in my life. The crowd was going apeshit, never heard a louder crowd. It was a nice home show for Zombie, and you could tell him and his entire band were enjoying themselves. When I was reading reviews of his show, I didn't really believe he was going to be as good as everyone said. I was wrong, the music was fantastic, and the theatric elements were insane. He should have headlined, no questions asked. John 5 and Joey's solos were both awesome as well. Zombie is a must see, and there's no way I'll be missing him on his next tour.

What Lurks on Channel X
    Superbeast
    Scum of the Earth
    Living Dead Girl
    More Human Than Human
    Sick Bubble-Gum
    House of 1000 Corpses
    Never Gonna Stop
    Mars Needs Women
    Thunder Kiss '65
    School's Out (Alice Cooper Cover)
    Dragula

Korn: 8/10. Fun set, however it was very disappointing after Zombie's awesome set. No crowd interaction at all, they hit the stage, played their set, and got off the stage. Not much else to say really.

Right Now
    Here to Stay
    Did My Time
    Oildale (Leave Me Alone)
    Falling Away From Me
    Somebody Someone
    Let the Guilt Go
    Freak on a Leash
    Blind
    Shoots and Ladders/One
    Clown
    Got the Life

All in all, this was a very fun show, and with another year of Mayhem behind me, I can't wait for next year!
    Post edited by slip_knot on
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    "Every member of this band besides Portnoy looked like absolute tools."

Lol.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 10,361 balls deep
    Ok well I know it's late but I just realized I never posted a review so jere it is...

Mayhem Fest 2010 July 17 2010 Albuquerque NM

Got there around 12:00 to get a good spot in line, was hot as fuck when I got there, the fear god fags nasties me n all that shot got to go in around 1:45. The first thing I did was look for the hatewear tent to know where it was so I could meet Jamey/Randy but I found out they where signing at different times so I ended up just meeting Jamey ...

Now for the bands

Norma Jean 3/10
    I've never listened to these guys and never will... I watched them from a far distance and I could still tell they sucked

Switch Pin 6/10
    They where at Denver for my first mayhem didn't really watch them cuz I went and met Jamey...

Winds of Plague 9/10
    Defenitly the best band on that stage. The crowd was super pumped for them they came out playing chest and horns and just tore it up after that. They also
    had two walls of death. Johny plague is a great frontman and ripped shit up

Shadows Fall 8/10
    Really good band even though I've never listened to them alot. Watched like 3 songs then I had to go find somewhere to sit and cool off with my margarita lol

3 Inches of Blood 7/10
    Once again a band I've heard of before but took me by surprise.. Only caught their second half. To me it sounded like a heavier Judas Priest. His voice kind of got annoying but damn those guys can shred..

Chimaira 5/10
    Didn't really like them too much listened to them while I watched metal mulisha..

Atreyu 4/10
    I listened to their whole set but I didn't see them at all because of where I was on the jäger stage rail forhatebrThey sucked...the lead singers voice soundedlike shit and noons was into them

Hatebreed 10/10
    They where pretty much the main band I went for and they did not disappoint. They came out to the national anthem and then played everyone bleeds now and instantly the whole crowd was a moshpit. They played a good 10 songs, wanted more but oh well. Randy from lamb of god was watching them the entire time and he was getting the fuck into their set even though he didn't play a song with them like I thought he would've. But hatebreed was probably the best side stage band I've seen at mayhem

In This Moment 2/10
    Didn't really watch them was waaaat too sore to watch and plus the lead singer wasn't topless:(

Five Finger Death Punch 7.5/10
    4th time seeing these guys and even though people give them shit I think they're still a solid good heavy band. Their setup was sweet with the brass knuckles and their drumset. But they put on a good show for them being the opening band

Lamb of God 9.5/10
    The second band I went to see and these guys where unbelievable. They sounded near perfect and the only thing wrong with it was their set was waaay to short. I can't wAit to see them again.

Rob Zombie 11/10
    What can I say? This was hands down the best show I had ever seen. Rob sounded great and he had an all-star lineup to back home up.. The stage setup, pyrotechnics, and the movie screens that where playing a bunch of just crazy shit blew me away. The last song he played was Dragula and that sounded better live than it does on cd. DO NOT MISS ZOMBIE!!!!

Korn 7/10
    After Zombie korn had no chance... They opened upwith a song I didn't know and it went up and down from there. No crowd interaction+iffy setlist+me being real tired= boring show. But it was ok not too bad clown and blind where both sick live:)

And that's my review kiddies an overall 10/10 great mayhem this year

Mayhem Denver '08, Albuquereque '09/'10/'11 2012 ????????? peyton manning broncos Pictures, Images and Photos
  • MatMat Posts: 2
    Hey guys , i just noticed ... no one talked about Despised Icon that played on July 25th !!! in Montreal ... Men that was a solid show too. I don<t get why every body is bitching on LOG , they where good ( not as good as i remember) but solid on stage. Their was a good Wall of death . I saw something i never thought seeing, their was a dude in a wheel chair prety close to tyhe stage near the mushpit. 2 guys where helping him to stand and two others where protecting them from the crowd ! respect to this guy ! I will post some pics later when i find my phone wire .
  • Its_Meh_ChewIts_Meh_Chew Posts: 7,380 just the tip
    i did kind of lol that a7x didn't play bat country. shit only one song from City
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    A7X>Iwrestledacawkonce
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    Marc likes wrestling cawks?
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    I knew it. <_>
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • MikeMike Posts: 7,820 admin
    Hey Mat, who are you?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • rammstein516rammstein516 Posts: 3,720 juggalo
    Nice vids! I hate those damn crowd surfurs though.
  • ComptonAssBertoComptonAssBerto Posts: 3,899 just the tip
    I hate it when surfers land on you.
  • rammstein516rammstein516 Posts: 3,720 juggalo
    Happened to me last year. I was just minding my own business watching Behemoth and a group of people decided to launch some 10 year old kid into the air that came right down on my head. Hurt like a mother fucker.
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited July 2010
    You would not enjoy a Municipal Waste headlining show
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    plz.

crowd surfers are nothing compared to stage divers. Imagine all the weight falling on you. Better yet the old school punk style. Walking on heads.
    I want to surf my first time this year. Anybody try to nut shot guys?
  • ComptonAssBertoComptonAssBerto Posts: 3,899 just the tip
    xD.

At warped I was in the front middle for most bands and they never fuckin stopped.

Everytime I saw security jump up i turned around and saw the next person. They always headed straight for me. Hahah
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    edited July 2010
    All these vids make me realized how small the Detroit Mayhem is..

You'll be alribht Santana, just don't do something that would piss people off, like boots.

I know a few shows I've been to, security likes to mess with people. They'll jump up on the barrier causing everyone to look back and duck..then they'd jump down and start laughing
    image Photobucket
    I just wear normal shoes lol. You think random people would lift me up?