Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

And RECOVERY has leaked

Comments

• ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    edited June 2010
    the way i find almost all the new music i listen to is i check
    http://thelastdisaster.blogspot.com/ for new updates. i check the genre and when i find one i like i'll go to their myspace and listen to all the songs they have posted. thats when i make my decision to DL the album or not. if i DL it i'll give it a full spin
    *waits to get bashed over the way i find new music*
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I'm not going to bash you on how you find music, but I'm going to say you have a retarded way of finding out if you like a band or not.

I usually am finding new bands on last.fm or through recommendations.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • Its_Meh_ChewIts_Meh_Chew Posts: 7,380 just the tip
    speaking of....
    well it works for me. not everyone has your ideology wine
  • cannibiscorpsecannibiscorpse Posts: 5,577 salt miner
    wow, thats a horrible way to find music. fuck sakes!
    No, you misunderstand my objective here. I'm just trying to help you get more out of your music experience. Part of music is the social element of it. If someone told me that I'll like so much more music by listening to it outside, I'd try it. I recommend you list me some classics that you don't like, but others do, then I'll tell you one or two to listen to in their entirety. I'm not trying to push my ideas on you, but I'm trying to understand how you claim band x isn't good when you've only heard three songs.
    back in the day, i actually would buy cd's/cassette tapes, just to listen to the singles/song played on the radio, and thats it, i have thankfully gotten past that phase
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    ^That's what I used to do

• StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    oh... well if its on to whether or not to decide if you're going to download a random CD; then yes; Shane's methods are most ideal.

I do the same thing... except on the whole "vibe" thing. I just look for one or two elements that appeal to me from the 2-3 songs, even if its just in the slightest bit. I'll download.

I can usually tell within a minute or two if i just WONT like a band.... because it'll reek of shit that i ALREADY KNOW that i dont like; and i just wont bother.
    What i was saying before... had to do with how it wasn't possible to judge an album with 2-3 songs.
    edited June 2010
    ^That does it pretty well if you ask me.

That's sorta how I dislike the idea of the single. A lot of people then go "Oh yeah, I know what this album's gonna sound like" and then the album is totally different.
    i hate singles because people are like " Fuck Cowboys from Hell is their best song ever!" i hate it
    do you mean EP's?

^this. I especially hate it when someone says 'hey have you heard the new song."????" by ????? and i'm like, dude, that song came out like 9 months ago, when the CD came out. IT IS NOT A NEW SONG
    haha i bet 70% of the people who listen to Lady Gaga didn't know that telephone was a song that came out 9 month before the video
    LOL, speaking of, iread in i think usa today, that Alejandro (the new song) is "the best new song of the summer", that made me roll my eyes
  • Deificus254Deificus254 Posts: 540 juggalo
    I'm going to jump in here real quick just for the cheap thrill of it.

Strat, the way you are criticizing Shane's method of deciding whether he likes an album and than saying you do the same thing when trying to decide on a band is hypocritical. Even though, you didn't download the album and are just listening to it on the internet, you are still judging a band and an album based on those songs. Because if you decide you didn't like the band, subconsciously you didn't like the album either.

However, I do agree it is kind of messed up to judge an entire album off 1-2 songs. How do you know you won't like some of the other songs on the album?

I see, where both of you are coming. Nevertheless, when you break it down both methods are the same. Strat, once you decide that you dislike those songs, you are not going to listen to the album or the band. When Shane decides he dislikes those songs he isn't going to listen to the band or the album either.

Seacrest Out!
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Grimey has spoken.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    He didn't even have anything to criticize about my method therefore I win.