Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Tattoos? POST EM!

Comments

• GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    No defense for that one.

I'm all for tattoo's with meanings though. It's been a tradition for god knows how long.
    image Photobucket
  • katiakatia Posts: 4,358 just the tip
    I want to get "No sympathy for fools" with really small letters around my wrist or on the outer side of my foot, I will be 18 in October and I have money and all but my parents are really against it and I don't plan on living on my own anytime soon. Hopefully I will be able to convince them.
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    ^ we're in the same boat. My parents hate them and they said even if i'm 18 I can't get one in their house....

"No defense for that one. "

what do you mean? Like I shouldn't need to defend myself on a tattoo idea?
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    It frustrates me seeing people my age saying they're going to get a tattoo, and then defend it by saying "It means something to me."

Just because things mean something to you doesn't mean it's supposed to be inked on you.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    No not really. It was more of a stab at a band.

I think people should get tattoo's of what they want. It is their life and they should be free to choose what they want to represent them. If someone were to judge me for having a tattoo, then I don't want to associate myself with them either.
    image Photobucket
    I totally see that part of this never ending argument but I just want to get that tattoo. It's what I want and that's enough reason to get it and that's enough reason anyone to get a tattoo
    No not really. It was more of a stab at a band.

I think people should get tattoo's of what they want. It is their life and they should be free to choose what they want to represent them. If someone were to judge me for having a tattoo, then I don't want to associate myself with them either.
    You say that yet you attack my idea <_>
  • katiakatia Posts: 4,358 just the tip
    I just think its something that defines me
    edited September 2010
    It frustrates me seeing people my age saying they're going to get a tattoo, and then defend it by saying "It means something to me."

Just because things mean something to you doesn't mean it's supposed to be inked on you.
    I really don't get that argument. Do people use it loosely, yes...but when people say "This is for my mom, sister, etc." I'm not going to say "You're stupid, don't ink that shit homie"

Edit: Because I was making a stab at Slipknot. I didn't say don't get the tattoo did I?
    image Photobucket
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    For fuck sake, not another Slipknot logo tattoo...
    I love winning with women
    When Slipknot don't have a meaning to you anymore, you'll regret it.
    Ahhh ok. I see what you're saying, just clarifying

" "You're stupid, don't ink that shit homie""
    I lol'd
    I just think its something that defines me
    idk if tattoos really define me but it's something of interest to me. My uncle has a few, so I've been told, but that's about it for my family as far as I know...my cousin and I are the one's who really want to do it. He wants to get an "updated" version of my uncle's tattoo as a tribute to him (his dad)
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod

When Slipknot don't have a meaning to you anymore, you'll regret it.
    I disagree. And even if i do there will always be the memory of who I was/am etc. They were the first metal band I got into which led to so many different bands that I listen to now. I want to play metal music professionally so for both those reasons, they are important to me even when if i don't like them one day
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    People who get band tattoo's regret them later on.

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,707 spicy boy
    i'm going to get a full body tattoo of myself...only taller
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    I disagree. And even if i do there will always be the memory of who I was/am etc. They were the first metal band I got into which led to so many different bands that I listen to now. I want to play metal music professionally so for both those reasons, they are important to me even when if i don't like them one day
    That's your rationalization to get the tattoo. You realize the possibility of you not liking them, so you search for a new purpose for it. Later in life, if you don't like them anymore, you will regret it, regardless of the "memory" it serves.

Look, I want to coach the 49ers some day, but I'm not going to get the 49er logo tattooed on my chest with the words Super Bowl LVIII Champions on it.
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    i am gonna get a spongebob tat that has him throwing the horns
    and says metal as fuck under it haha. and i want a chimaira tat
    I wasn't searching for a reason for the one day I may not like them. I went through a checklist to make sure this is something I want to do. And if I don't like them one day I will not regret it because that's not the type of person I am
    edited September 2010
    i am gonna get a spongebob tat that has him throwing the horns
    and says metal as fuck under it haha. and i want a chimaira tat
    I can't tell if you're joking or if you're serious...that's a pretty cool idea though