Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Wrestling thread WWE & AEW

Comments

• MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Oh wtf I didn’t even know Roddy was released from wwe. Legit a surprise he’s on aew 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Oh wtf I didn’t even know Roddy was released from wwe. Legit a surprise he’s on aew 
    They got the End of Heartache too 🤘🏼
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    Bad Bunny jus unironically put on WWE’s most entertaining match of the year and he ain’t even a wrestler lmfao. Company is a joke. And I’m not even speaking as fan, cause I obviously can’t even understand his music, I don’t listen to him whatsoever so I don’t have an opinion on him either which way. But that legitimately jus shit all over every single “real” match they put on the entire year. 💀💀
    Ayo @NOCAP tell me you made it to the AEW show last night. Crowd was HOT all night god damn 
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    I forgot all about it until it was about to be on. Tickets were cheap too. 

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    edited May 2023
    I might be getting Into this lol. 

My 9 year old woke up super into Becky Lynn, but then Becky got arrested and now my kid is pissed at her. 
    Get tix to SummerSlam 

edited June 2023
    WWE is so fucking retarded holy shit. 💀💀

So they finally truly unified the WWE and Universal titles into one belt so it’s now the Undisputed title and has a new look. Except Raw now has the Heavyweight title, and they jus did the exact same wit the women’s titles, down to the same look and everything, only difference being that the women’s have white straps instead of black. 

But effectively, the men’s and women’s Undisputed titles are the SmackDown titles, and the Heavyweight and WWE Women’s titles are the Raw titles. So all that, jus to still have 2 main titles separated by brand, but wit a new name and design. Jus took the brand specific colors out of the designs and took the brand names out of the women’s titles. Because essentially, the Universal is now the Undisputed since the Universal was always the “top” title, and the Heavyweight is the WWE title. But that simultaneously makes the “Undisputed” name itself a complete misnomer.

Actual cavemen write this garbage.
    I was hoping they were just going to do away with the brand split and just have one title across the board. Somewhere down the line that changed. 

Forbidden Door leggo 
    Omega and Osprey keeps getting better and better
    Omega and Osprey keeps getting better and better
    One of the best matches I've ever seen in my life. Dudes went to fucking war. 

Danielson vs Okada was kind of a let down but Danielson also broke his arm so it makes sense 
    Looks like Danielson’s arm ended up being a lot worse 
    Damn looks like WWE really gonna pull the trigger on Jey being the one to finally take the belts off Roman. They damn near have to now after the retarded ass corner they backed themselves into. For 3+ years now, the Usos have been the only reason he’s won essentially every single title match. So narratively, it only makes sense for him to finally lose once he loses that advantage and it’s instead used against him. I guess they could also have him run it back against one of the previous top contenders again and lose this time around due to the fact that he no longer has the Usos, but it wouldn’t be as poetic. Plus they been sucking his dick this long, they’ll continue to suck it by at least keeping it in the family even after he does lose.

I honestly don’t see Jey keeping it for long after that tho. He’ll be the one to do it, but will ultimately be treated as a placeholder champion. I see him holding it for 6 months max and dropping it to Cody or Seth.
    I bet you Roman keeps it until Mania
    Possibly but even then, I see Jey taking it. Would prolly be a rematch situation in that scenario.
    That bed of nails spot holy shit 
    I know some of y'all have been sleeping on AEW lately but they've been firing on all cylinders. That Blood and Guts match was fucking nuts, MJF and Adam Cole have been fucking hilarious together, and over on Collision it totally has a late 80s/early 90s Saturday night wrestling feel to it. FTR vs Bullet Club Gold last week for the belts was one of the best Tag matches ever imo. 
    I still “watch” everything weekly, but it’s very passive. I basically listen to everything like a podcast while at work and glance at it here and there. It’s too fucking over saturated now especially after adding Collision and ain’t nobody got time for that. If you keep up wit both, that’s wrestling 6 out of 7 days of the week, and all but 1 of them are at least 2 hours. Nope.