Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Wrestling thread WWE & AEW

Comments

• MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
  • ThatGuyArloThatGuyArlo Posts: 1,430 jayfacer
    You obviously have to send pics of your view when you get to the dome.
    The rumble match was fucking good.
    Also, LA Knight said "romper room" 😂
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    Had to watch late so I got it on rn, jus finished the Rumble itself. Solid match but like I said they took all wind out of it’s sails before it even started. You knew Cody was winning. There was zero suspense to it. You even knew he was coming out at 1 or 30 so as soon as he wasn’t #1, even that wasn’t a surprise. I will never understand why the fuck they do that. That shit would have been so fucking lit if there were no word about it and predicted winners were a straight up dice roll and then that mf makes his surprise return completely unannounced and wins it. Smfh.
    edited January 2023
    Jus finished, few extra takes on that.

-Bray match was kinda corny wit the UV shit but eh it was different, overall entertaining. As spoiled as the Rumble was, was actually pleased that Fiend didn’t return in this match. It was basically spelled out that he was going to wit the way they brought back the Firefly Funhouse. Wonder who Uncle Howdy actually is, that leap looked good as fuck, definitely don’t think it’s jus some no name body double lmao.

-I actually watched this one all the way thru, no skips. The long break in between PPVs that they usually don’t do lately benefited this shit HUGE. Made it feel like a special event like it’s sposed to instead of a dressed up weekly show episode. Plus it’s the Rumble so it’s sposed to be one of the main/primary ones anyways.

-LMAO at the Nia Jax return. I’m not even being funny when I tell you, I completely forgot that fat pig even existed. Extra comedy points for the fact that they put her at #30 as if that would ever in a million years garner her any kind of pop or like anybody asked for or wanted her back. That’s one of the firings that was always the right move and should have never been reversed.

-That ending segment was actually really good. Clearly the match itself was nothing but a set-up for that considering it was as long if not longer than the actual match. The idea that Sami was ever directly going to take the belt off of Roman was always preposterous to me lmao, ain't a chance in Hell. But looks like they’re moving forward wit him being the indirect catalyst of a complete downfall of the entire Bloodline. Jus planted seeds of doubt within the whole group, which will inevitably lead to everybody finally dropping their belts. I actually love how that was pulled off and all the tension in the segment. Would not be opposed to Cody winning at Mania, fuck it.
    I am legit confused why Nia Jax is back. She's dangerous as fuck in the ring and is so limited cause of her weight. Literally brings nothing of value. 
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    Yeah you were right Erik about Cody it shouldn’t have been announced. Since it was announced they should have thrown a curveball like having Sami enter the Rumble but that could have caused a divide among fans. The ending of the show was great though. 

• FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    I fucking hate Tony Khan sometimes. The TNT title has changed hands ten times in the last 13  months. It lost all prestige after Miro lost it to Sammy. 

Darby wins it, then has a month of solid defenses and actually makes me think the title had a reset and Darby was over. Nope, gotta give it back to Somoa Joe so he can finish his fued with Wardlow. Why did Joe even lose the fucking belt in the first place? 
    I think Erik said it best one time, in Vince era WWE they never capitalize on the feel good moments, the home town pops, etc but AEW ALWAYS does even when it doesn't make sense. Darby winning the belt in Seattle is the perfect example. Tony couldn't pass up getting the cheap hometown pop for the belt, even though Darby just lost it 4 weeks later 
    edited February 2023
    Yea he kisses too much ass. He’s too much of a fanboy ass mark and he ruined his own product wit that shit. He made everything even more predictable than WWE because he will ALWAYS give the people exactly what they want without fail. Like it’s to the point that as soon as The Elite Vs. Death Triangle was announced as best of 7, I straight up called it that Death Triangle would go up 3-1, Elite would have a “miracle” comeback and take it to 7, and ultimately win it all. That’s exactly what happened. Like come the fuck on bruh lmao. Dude honestly ain’t any better than Vince. Late career Vince and current TK are 2 sides of the same coin. Vince will do nothing but shock value and pissing the fans off and consistently give them nothing but the opposite of what they want/what should happen, because he thinks controversy is the best money maker, and TK will do nothing but suck dick and people please. At his prime, Vince at least did a well blended medium of both.
    Haven’t been into AEW since Cody left. 2020 and 2021 was their best years. Cody’s own shit was getting ridiculous but I think he had a large say in creative for the booking of other’s stories. I watch Dynamite every week probably out of habit but I’m not invested in any “story” currently going on. Like Jake said I thought the TNT title was getting a re do but now we’re back to the same shit. Don’t get me started on MJF/Bryan. MJF is getting exposed badly for being a one trick pony. Why does every feud he’s in has the same fucking formula? You have to face this guy and then this guy and then this guy and then I’ll give you a title shot. There’s zero heat. The marks in the crowd enjoy this shit but on tv it’s just white noise for me. I couldn’t give more of a fuck. 

“TK can we please get some matches we actually want to see on Rampage?”

TK: Say no more, peep this main event. 🔥🔥🔥🔥

Sami Zayn is over like rover. I feel bad for Cody cause niggas gonna eventually turn on him like they did on the other channel. 

NOCAP said:
    Sami Zayn is over like rover. 
    Aaaand the storyline ended with a lame ass ending. Never change WWE
    Man the Roman shit is fucking embarrassing at this point. You knew Sami wasn’t winning but does every fucking match need literally the exact same blueprint? Oh look referee magically gets knocked out during a would-be pin to steal the titles from him. That’s match number what now that the exact same thing has happened? How many times has Roman technically lost now but retained cause of an unconscious referee? Like bro they’re not even fucking trying wit this dogshit. Not to mention the ending of this was damn near a mirror image of the Royal Rumble ending, jus different guys swapped into the same spots. Sami hesitating wit the chair, ends up hitting Roman. Jey hesitating wit the chair, was insinuated he was about to do the same and turn on Roman, accidentally gets speared out of it. But essentially a carbon copy.

I’m not a Sami fan at all, I think he has been sold as a complete joke/meme for way too long now and I don’t even look at him as a wrestler anymore. He’s one of those guys that is moreso there as a character at this point than an actual wrestler. So for that reason alone he should not have the belt, or even technically be in the title picture at all. But Goddamn the absolute swerve of that alone combined wit the massive organic push he got behind him recently, would make it the 100% correct move to say fuck it and let him win. After a 3 year run Sami fucking Zayn is the one to strip the titles off him? Bro that would be the ultimate what the fuck and unpredictability that this sorry ass bullshit sorely needs right now, but no. Of course not. Because Sami Zayn Vs. Cody Rhodes at WrestleMania ain’t as pretty on the flyer. Which WrestleMania alone makes any kind of title matches leading up to it completely fucking pointless because you know they’re not letting anything change DA BIG ONE. Which is it’s own separate problem entirely but that’s a whole new conversation.

Cody better win at Mania otherwise what the literal FUCK are you doing.