Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Wrestling thread WWE & AEW

Comments

• FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    All y'all can suck my dick match me on Rumblr
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Aye don’t lump me in with them lol. They just don’t know how important indies are to the business. Like Black wouldn’t have been shit if it wasn’t for PWG, Evolve, and the British scene. He was a monster as Tommy End and felt he was better as that than his Alister Black gimmick. 

Jay White, Ibushi, Okada, Naito, and a lot of other New Japan guys are 100% better than a lot of the AEW guys and that’s a fact lol. 
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    So Roman and The Usos now singlehandedly possess every single men’s title except for the Intercontinental and United States titles.

Complete and utter fucking dogshit lmfao.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    This thread has made me realize wrestling is basically the male version of a soap opera 
    People been saying that for 40 years bruh
    Maybe ive heard it before then. Im pretty much stoned 24/7 these days lol
    I mean it's not wrong. Wrestling is pretty formulaic and a lot of it is cheesy. And drama is what makes it interesting just like anything really. 

Whats funny is before I got back into wrestling my girl and I were watching GLOW on Netflix which is based on a women's wrestling company from the 80s. Its a fictional show but it goes into how the company started, how the girls came up with their wrestling personas, the out of the ring drama between the employees, etc and then of course shows them in the ring during the wrestling segments. 

It dawned at me that there isn't much difference between watching a fictional show about wrestling and just watching wrestling lol 
    Yeah im not really shitting on it. The formula work in entertainment in general. 

Look at michael chandler's promo cuts in the ufc after fight wins. They are great.  
    Yea I basically look at wrestling as no different than watching like DBZ or Marvel/DC or something. Fake, choreographed fights, but jus done in real time and in person instead. It’s obviously a whole different entertainment and appeal than actual sports and competition. 
    Yeah im not really shitting on it. The formula work in entertainment in general. 

Look at michael chandler's promo cuts in the ufc after fight wins. They are great.  
    Connor basically took his whole personality from guys like Ric Flair and Vince Mcmahon too. Even his walk

• NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    Colby Covington’s walkout music is Kurt Angle’s theme lol

MJF no showed the fan fest happening tonight and apparently booked a flight back to the east coast. What the fuck is going on
    Weakest AEW ppv in a minute but still had some bangers 
    Trippin. That shit was GAS and definitely way better than this year’s Revolution was. 

Also, got damn it has been a hot ass minute since one of my actual favorites had a belt. Glad Punk got it, was the right decision. Hopefully Malakai Black ends up in a title picture soon, even if it’s for the TNT instead.
    I will say that it was way too long tho. But Double Or Nothing is basically their “BIG ONE” like WrestleMania, so it is what it is.
    ppv went downhill after MJF and Wardlow

Trippin. That shit was GAS and definitely way better than this year’s Revolution was. 

Also, got damn it has been a hot ass minute since one of my actual favorites had a belt. Glad Punk got it, was the right decision. Hopefully Malakai Black ends up in a title picture soon, even if it’s for the TNT instead.
    Eh. Punk won because he's the biggest name on the roster but he's starting to show his age. He can tell a story better than no other but in ring he's starting to slow down a lot. I would've loved to see Hangman hold until the next PPV. 

Jurassic Express should've dropped the belts to either team but they retained 

Britt and Adam Cole winning the Owen was fucking lame. How the fuck you gonna have a Shawn Michaels disciple win a tournament about his biggest IRL rival's dead brother lmao. Tony Khan has a stiffy for Cole and Britt and it's annoying as fuck.

Deeb vs Thunder Rosa was an absolute clinic and probably the best Women's match in AEW so far. 

Anarchy in the Arena was fucking nuts. 

Wardlow winning was of course the right choice. 

House of Black match banged and the Julia story finally wrapped up. 

Punk winning didn’t feel special because he just got there and the build for the match was weak. Has he only done one or two jobs since getting there? Would have liked to see someone turn in that match. 

Holy shit that MJF promo

• MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies