Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Wrestling thread WWE & AEW

Comments

• That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    Oh my god I can't believe this.......that was really sad :-(
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    Sad to see Edge leaving, nice to see him leave on top at least. Does this mean Christian title run?

Also, I guess it's pretty cool to see R-Truth finally in a main event spot.
    During this week's WWE RAW telecast in Bridgeport, CT, current WWE World Heavyweight Champion Edge announced that he was retiring from pro wrestling and WWE.

For those wondering, this is not a work and is 100% the real deal. This was the talk backstage at RAW during the evening hours. Edge has been losing feeling in his arms and was advised by doctors to retire from in-ring action. According to a source, Edge underwent some medical tests recently and they came back within the last few days revealing that there were some new issues with his neck. He was then advised to retire. WWE creative basically gave him an open mic and told him to go out to the ring and deliver his retirement speech the way he wanted. Almost none of what you saw was scripted.

Edge will appear on this week's SmackDown! from Albany, NY to relinquish the World title. We'll be there live covering the event. We'll have arrivals in the afternoon and will then do live coverage from inside the Times Union Center on WZR Radio beginning at 8EST. Look for the live media and chat links to be posted here on the website around 6:30EST.

Also as noted earlier, WWE posted the following statement which sheds more light on the situation:

"Less than a week after his successful title defense against Alberto Del Rio at WrestleMania XXVII, World Heavyweight Champion Edge has been forced to retire from in-ring competition due to injury. The unexpected news brings to an end a storied WWE career spanning 13 years and consisting of 11 World Title reigns.

The Rated-R Superstar had been suffering numbness and uncontrollable trembling in his arms and hands. This is not the first time Edge has experienced these symptoms of nueropraxia. An MRI in Atlanta last Monday was sent to Dr. Joseph Maroon, a renowned neurosurgeon and professor of neurosurgery at The Pittsburgh School of Medicine. After careful examination of the MRI, it was determined that Edge would never be cleared to compete again, and thus, he is forced to retire.

In 2003, Edge underwent a two level spinal fusion of the discs between his C5, C6 and C7 vertebrae. After being cleared to compete, The Rated-R Superstar returned to the ring, resulting in stenosis of the spine, or a narrowing of the spinal column, above and below the fused discs. This narrowing resulted in less and less of the vital fluid needed to protect the spinal cord. Medical professionals cannot clear Edge to compete ever again in WWE since doing so could result in paralysis or even death."

I think we all owe this to Adam - "Thank you Edge!".

Partial Source: Pwinsider
    This is still a had pill to swallow for me. Been a fan of his for over a decade.
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Yeah that's a huge loss for wrestling fans. I think I will get an Edge nameplate for my WHC belt now.

I hope he does some autograph signings because I'd like to meet him and shake his hand.
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited April 2011
    I hope he does some autograph signings because I'd like to meet him and shake his hand.
    Same. He was my favorite wrestler and that was really hard to watch.

I can't believe I'll never get to see him wrestle live. If only my uncle could've gotten those Raw tickets 2 weeks ago I could've seen his last Raw match.....
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    I don't think Edge will be off TV guys, he might still be Christian's manager, which I don't know about everyone else but I think that is great.
    I don't think Edge will be off TV guys, he might still be Christian's manager, which I don't know about everyone else but I think that is great.
    It doesn't matter, he's a great wrestler.

That would be like if Ozzy couldn't sing anymore, but don't worry, he can do interviews.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    It doesn't matter, he's a great entertainer
    DON'T SAY THAT WORD AGAIN
    It doesn't matter, he's a great entertainer
    DON'T SAY THAT WORD AGAIN
    lol
  • fucketh_thine_selffucketh_thine_self Posts: 3,363 just the tip
    you can come back now Jericho
    Edge is also a great mic worker, I'm just pointing out that once wrestlers retire there is still a place for them, and Edge is a legitimate superstar with a lot to give mic wise.
    Edge is also a great mic worker, I'm just pointing out that once wrestlers retire there is still a place for them, and Edge is a legitimate superstar with a lot to give mic wise.
    Very true, his promos are excellent and his farewell speech was no different.
  • 1DisturbedMthrFckr1DisturbedMthrFckr Posts: 1,027 juggalo
    Regarding Sin Cara's botched entrance last week and botched move this week..

"Vince McMahon was said to be furious about Sin Cara's botched entrance on RAW last week, when he barely cleared the top rope after jumping off a trampoline at ringside.

Last night on RAW, there was another big botched spot with Sin Cara that took place when he had Primo in the corner and both men were standing on the top turnbuckle. Sin Cara was setting up for a C4 suplex, but Primo fell before the move could be executed and Sin Cara was thrown to the floor outside. Sin Cara got back in the ring, kicked Primo in the head and hit the impressive top rope move - but many WWE stars were watching the match backstage and were joking around that "that was it" for Sin Cara and Primo would probably get released for blowing that big spot."
    Regarding Sin Cara's botched entrance last week and botched move this week..

"Vince McMahon was said to be furious about Sin Cara's botched entrance on RAW last week, when he barely cleared the top rope after jumping off a trampoline at ringside.

Last night on RAW, there was another big botched spot with Sin Cara that took place when he had Primo in the corner and both men were standing on the top turnbuckle. Sin Cara was setting up for a C4 suplex, but Primo fell before the move could be executed and Sin Cara was thrown to the floor outside. Sin Cara got back in the ring, kicked Primo in the head and hit the impressive top rope move - but many WWE stars were watching the match backstage and were joking around that "that was it" for Sin Cara and Primo would probably get released for blowing that big spot."
    That is sad, Primo is one of the best young wrestlers Vinnie Mac has.
    From what I've been reading from house show results is that Primo vs Sin Cara has happened many times now. So when they fuck up a move like that on Raw when Sin Cara has this huge hype built around him it's a definite no no.
    From what I've been reading from house show results is that Primo vs Sin Cara has happened many times now. So when they fuck up a move like that on Raw when Sin Cara has this huge hype built around him it's a definite no no.
    The only people who noticed that fuck up are the WWE and really really smart marks, no one else would have caught it, I didn't.
    The only people who noticed that fuck up are the WWE and really really smart marks, no one else would have caught it, I didn't.
    I definitely noticed it. You could tell Primo slipped when he was on the top which made Sin Cara slip and fall to the outside. King even said something about it when Matthews said it was a nice counter by Primo (probably trying to cover up what had just happened.) King responded back by saying "I don't think thats it"

So far i've been more impressed with Sin Cara when I didn't know there is a WWE staff member under the ring waiting to slip him a trampoline to get into the ring.

• MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    How the hell did you not notice it? Primo slipped down clear as day and Cara was smart and called an audible and threw himself off the top rope to make it seem like Primo countered it. Went back in the ring, kicked him in the head, and hit the Moonsault Side Slam. Should there be heat on Primo? damn right, but don't release the guy.