Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Wrestling thread WWE & AEW

Comments

• PrimalScream31PrimalScream31 Posts: 3,544 mod
    That Miss USA chick looks like Katia. At least I think so. lol
    photo mayhemsignature2013_zps1209e6fd.jpg I wanna slit your throat and fuck the wound.
  • MikeMike Posts: 7,820 admin
    Finally back, I'll post pictures when I'm not lazy.

Got to Atlanta friday, got lost in the hood a bit and finally got to the beautiful Marriot Marquis. We went to ROH Takes Center Stage that night, and it was EASILY the best ROH show I've ever been to. We hung out with Jim Cornette for about an hour before the show started, he's a really cool guy. The first half of the card was average, but the last half after intermission was godlike.

Saturday morning we got up and went to an ROH meet and greet. I met El Generico, Daizee Haze, Kings of Wrestling, Roderick Strong, Homicide, Christopher Daniels, the Briscoes, and Colt Cabana. Colt was awesome and had remembered us from all the Michigan shows we went to.

After that, we headed to our first session of WWE Fan Axxess. We were among the first people in line. We waiting for almost 3 hours to go in, and the line was insane. As soon as they let us in, people were getting trampled. Finally after wrestling my way though the stampede I was in. The event wasn't organized too well, as they didn't have signs up to tell who you would meet in each line. Basically, you just had to pick a random line and hope someone you like comes out to the table. I was standing in a random line when my friend's dad sprinted over to me and told me Lita was walking around. I hopped out of line and approached her just as she was starting an interview. I asked if she would take a picture with me and said she would when her interview was over. When she was finished she came over to take a picture with me and we talked a bit. She's a really awesome person to talk to about the wrestling industry. After that, I hopped in a random line because the wrestlers still had not come out. It turned out to be the line for Sheamus. He took a picture with me and signed my program, cool guy. All of the lines were ridiculously long, so I just headed over to the diva photoshoot stand. I got my picture taken with Kaitlyn and Natalya. After being on our feet for 4 hours, we were ready to leave.

We went back to the hotel for a while, and then headed to the Hall of Fame ceremony. This was awesome, and I met comedian Gabriel Ingelses. People are so rude, Shawn Michaels was having a really hard time delivering his speech, and after he asked for the fans to quiet down, they couldn't stop screaming "We love you Shawn!", and "ONE MORE MATCH!".

Sunday morning we headed to a wrestling reunion at some hotel. People like Raven, New Jack, El Generico, Colt Cabana, and Hass and Benjamin were supposed to be there. This place ended up being a total ripoff, as you had to pay loads of money per person you wanted to meet, and some of them didn't even show up. I did meet Raven and New Jack though. My friend also met Daffney.

Right after that, we went straight to our second session of WWE Fan Axxess. Again, we were the first few in line, waited a few hours, and got trampled. First thing we did was sprint towards the Legends stage, expecting to meet someone like Piper. We were first to the line, waited about 20 minutes, and it ended up being Gerald Brisco, which was kind of a let down. After him, I met R. Truth, who was an awesome dude and talked to me for a minute or two before security hounded him to get to the next person in line. Again, all of the lines were HUGE, so I just went to the diva photoshoot. I got a pic with Gail Kim, who was having a lame ass "you can only touch my shoulder" policy. My friend waited in line for 2 hours to meet Evan Bourne. He was just about there when he had to leave. Evan apologized to him and shook his hand, which was super cool. My friend ended up getting an autograph from Ricky Steamboat. After that, we headed right across the street to Wrestlemania.

Our seats for Mania were amazing! We were 13 rows back facing the hard camera. What can I really say? It's fucking Wrestlemania! We sat behind these nasty hicks who believed wrestling was real. When Cena lost the match, they actually started crying (keep in mind these were grown men).

The next night we went to Monday Night Raw. Our seats were awesome, 7 rows back facing the hard camera. We were on TV the whole night. It was awesome to be on this historic episode of RAW. All in all, I had a great trip.

~Fin~ (pics will be added later)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Glad you had such an awesome time, man. Can't wait to see the pics.

Hopefully I can do something like this at some point, it's just a matter of finding people willing to do it.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Hopefully I can do something like this at some point, it's just a matter of finding people willing to do it.
    That's my problem. None of my friends like wrestling at all so they would never spend money to do something like that.
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I have friends that used to like it, but none willing to do this sort of thing.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • NOLANOLA Posts: 6,353 jayfacer
    I'll certainly plan on making my return to WrestleMania next year for sure. Sort of bummed I missed this past one to screw my streak up, but I'll make up for it.
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    Lol, my wrestling training is going well, I got an early idea of what my gimmick will be and it is going to be along the lines of a union worker who will go on break during a match, and stuff like that, at least until they build my in ring skills up a bit more then they wanted me to be one of the top stars here.
  • Its_Meh_ChewIts_Meh_Chew Posts: 7,380 just the tip

We went back to the hotel for a while, and then headed to the Hall of Fame ceremony. This was awesome, and I met comedian Gabriel Ingelses. People are so rude, Shawn Michaels was having a really hard time delivering his speech, and after he asked for the fans to quiet down, they couldn't stop screaming "We love you Shawn!", and "ONE MORE MATCH!".
    There actually was a bit that ticketmaster sent out the day before mentioning that dress was buisness casual for the HOF and chanting and what not was not allowed or they would throw people out. I assume neither happened.
    So I was watching WCW Nitro on WWE On Demand from I believe June of 98 and I think that is when WCW was beating WWF in ratings. And honestly I can't believe WCW was pulling that off. All this Nitro was was NWO Hollywood vs. NWO Wolfpack and just promos from NWO left in right that included Dennis Rodman and they were not good at all.
    So I was watching WCW Nitro on WWE On Demand from I believe June of 98 and I think that is when WCW was beating WWF in ratings. And honestly I can't believe WCW was pulling that off. All this Nitro was was NWO Hollywood vs. NWO Wolfpack and just promos from NWO left in right that included Dennis Rodman and they were not good at all.
    Exactly, Chris Jericho has said that WCW was winning because of the undercard, WWE's main events blew WCW's out of the water, but the cruiserweights and technical wrestlers got WCW what they needed.
    i remember watching all that shit live. sadly my 13 yr old self was capitvated by NWO Hollywood vs NWO Red and Black and which side Sting would join
    edited April 2011
    Exactly, Chris Jericho has said that WCW was winning because of the undercard, WWE's main events blew WCW's out of the water, but the cruiserweights and technical wrestlers got WCW what they needed.
    Yep and I agree. It's funny the highlight of this Nitro for me was Jericho reading a letter from I think JJ Dillion about how Dean Melenko beat him for the Crusierweight belt. And how that shouldn't have happened because Melenko was wearing a mask and Jericho didn't have time to prepare.

I was always a WWE guy through and through. I'd watch Nitro for that first hour until Raw and that was really it. It had it's moments of course, but I was with that company up North.
    I didn't start goin to the company up north til about early 99
    I used to watch Nitro over WWF for a long time. Then got into WWF after watching Sunday night Heat one night and I ordered a WWF PPV that had Kane vs. Austin vs. Undertaker as the main event. I was hooked after that. Then like you said Nola I would watch Nitro for the first hour then switch to Raw.
    I'll probably start watching the Raw from that same week as well before I goto bed.

WWE On Demand is the shit.
    I was absolutely in love with the "New Generation Era". Then the transition onto the "Attitude Era". Good God, good times.
  • MikeMike Posts: 7,820 admin
    Are you in wrestling school primus?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Are you in wrestling school primus?
    Ya, the De La Isla Academy, I'm learning basics right now.
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod