Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Five Albums That Changed Your Life

Comments

• Number1RamsFanNumber1RamsFan Posts: 9,355 destroyer of motherfuckers
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    1. Marilyn Manson - Antichrist Superstar: Turned me into a true die hard Manson fan. I'm ashamed to say I've only been a fan since 2005, but still. Love em. The album itself is what I consider a masterpiece.

2. Nine Inch Nails - The Fragile: The album that turned me from a NIN hater to a NIN fan, which is something I told myself I'd never become.

3. As I Lay Dying - Shadows Are Security: Apparently, metal can come heavy AND have encouragement to boot. 'Losing Sight' remains one of my all time favorite songs.

4. System of a Down - S/T: THIS one provided the most fun I've ever experienced. My friend and I would just kick it and chant the lyrics and laugh. It was also the first METAL album I've ever bought. To me, this is what I think of when people say "back in the day..." Good times. Very good times. And finally...

5. Eiffel 65 - Europop: The first album I ever bought with my own money. At the time, I just wanted it for Blue, but I ended up loving every single song off of it. I listened to this bitch on my CD player for 3 years.
    could name a lot more but id definitely say these are true
    I love winning with women
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    1)Death - 'Individual Thought Patterns' 

2)Rage Against The Machine - 'Self Titled'

3)Megadeth - 'Rust In Peace'

4)Thrice - 'Artist In The Ambulance' 

5)Earth Crisis - 'Destroy The Machines' 
    inb4lists
    artist in the ambulance would be in my top 10
    One of the best post hardcore albums ever made. 
    inb4lists
    I bought the cd a few years ago and its still one of my favorite packaging jobs ever. it comes with like 15 different backgrounds that you can substitute for the main cover. not sure what the point is but its pretty dope.
    You ever check out Kensrue's solo stuff?
    inb4lists
    nah, the last thrice record I even listened to was beggars. I got into thrice right after AITA came out because stare at the sun was playing at a bowling ally. I got my friend into them a few years later and he stayed on till major/minor at the very least, but I dont think I know of any of dustins solo work.
    few things on earth make me feel older than realizing AITA came out in 2003. jesus fuck.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    1) 3 Doors Down - The Better Life (introduced me to rock when I was 6)
    2) Metallica - Master of Puppets (brought me into the world of metal)
    3) Mastodon - Crack the Skye (no explanation needed, my most listened to album of all time)
    4) Tool - Lateralus (mainly due to lyrical content touching my fuckin soul)
    5) Suicide Silence - The Cleansing (I wanted to put a Gojira album but this was really the album that introduced me to extreme metal)

I've been waning off of metal lately but I still haven't found any overall albums from non-metal bands in the past few years that I've reaaaalllly gotten into
    nah, the last thrice record I even listened to was beggars. I got into thrice right after AITA came out because stare at the sun was playing at a bowling ally. I got my friend into them a few years later and he stayed on till major/minor at the very least, but I dont think I know of any of dustins solo work.

I love Beggars front to back, honestly. I love 2/3rds of M/M. 'Anthology' and 'Words In The Water' are beautiful songs. 
    inb4lists
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited February 2015
    Decided to add this to this thread. My all-time favorite album is without a doubt Roger Waters - The Pro's and Con's of hitchhiking. It actually makes me somewhat sad that so very few people realize and understand how incredible this album is. It's not just a good album, It's the one album that I would say is better than any other album ever created. I do not think anyone will ever make a better album.

It's hard to really explain why it's so perfect. If I tried I would start with the whole concept of it. How it is this guys dream that is taking place in real time. Such that the first song is titled 4:30 AM because it takes place at 4:30AM, and it is 3 minutes long, and the next song is titled 4:33AM. But that's not what makes it great.... I'd next hit on Clapton's guitar playing on songs like Sexual revolution where the guitar isnt just carrying a tune but is telling the story. It's harmonizing with the lyrics and is as important to the songs as the actual singing is. But that's not what makes it great, but it's part of it. I'd then maybe try and say that the sound effects and background noises really enhance the experience and really put you in the characters mindset.... but no that's not it. Just another part of it.

What really makes it great is the journey the character goes though. The sense of despair and loneliness he feels... It's this sense of identity and connection with society and reality of his place in this world. It's this feeling that every guy in their thirtys or fourtys goes through. And an appreciation of what the character feels and knowing that place. It's just simply a complete masterpiece.

I really wish I could explain it better. This album is very special to me. It's my all time favorite album and nothing will probably ever replace it.

someday I'd like to meet one person who loves this album as much as I do.
    Post edited by WakeOfAshes on
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    Anyone experienced a life altering album recently?
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    :-?
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    To Pimp a Butterfly
    image Photobucket
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    I wouldn't say it's exactly changed my life, I just know it's been a trigger to start shit lately. I do think the album is fantastic and the best I've heard this year although I haven't heard much from this year. It ranges from his own personal ups and downs with his fame and success to much larger problems with where our society is and more specifically problems within to black community. Listening to "u" gives me chills everytime, it's so fucking emotional. I knocked it probably the first 5-6 times I heard it because it just didn't flow great from just hearing it. The first half was rough and the second half was just kendrick sounding drunk. But as I kept playing the album and started paying better attention to lyrics, it really strikes a chord. The entire album does, but the where the album is going when it hits that song to the turning point in the middle of it is mindblowing. I'd also have to thank good ol rapgenius for providing better context to the shit he's talking about with his sister getting pregnant and deciding to not to see his friend in the hospital while he was on tour only for him to die.
    image Photobucket
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    WOULD HAVE THOUGHT THAT WAS ERIK'S POST IF I DIDN'T LOOK AT THE NAME FIRST. 

• FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    SATAN said:
    Nah
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    SATAN said:
    not a whole album but 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mF9kOkRCnyo&spfreload=10