Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Five Albums That Changed Your Life

Comments

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    BASED said:
    Holy Mountain is the best stoner metal album period. Dopethrone is a close second but Holy Mountain is way more dynamic 
    And spine of god is way more dynamic than holy mountain
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    once again, only slap listed 'holy mountain', so all these other arguments are invalid because you guys clearly didn't feel the other albums were life-altering enough
    SATAN said:
    once again, only slap listed 'holy mountain', so all these other arguments are invalid because you guys clearly didn't feel the other albums were life-altering enough
    Holy mountain is dope but I'm sorry a stoner jam album didn't change my life.. I'll pick albums a little deeper than smokr and hail satan
  • TyrantTyrant Posts: 2,850 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Electric Wizard's discography.

i'm really just needling you guys. it is pretty hilarious that smashmouth and eiffel 65 changed more lives though
    Smoke weed, hail satan. \m/
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    I still jam to that Eiffel 65 album. But no band/album really changed my life. There was just certain groups/bands that pushed me more into different genres and helped shape my tastes 
    imageimage
    the shit i listed were albums that i heard and sounded like something i'd been wanting to hear my entire life
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    If you look at the question literally, I feel like the first album you buy fits here. 
    image Photobucket
    mine was 'thriller'
    The fist album I bought, smash mouth lol, made an impact on my life but it didn't change anything.. Dylan, waits, Marley, cash, joni Mitchell etc.. These guys changed me a person.. I'm different, and better , now for have listened to them.. I grew mentally and emotional as a person.. IMO it's hard for a metal album to convey that kind of power for me idk
    The only metal singer that invokes that type of feeling in me is anselmo .. Nola and vulgar would prob be the only two.. Maybe Dax and acid bath too
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    edited May 2015
    first album i bought was will smiths willennium and RHCP californication =)) . i got best buy gift cards for christmas and my mom wouldn't let me buy video games because i just got a cd player and she said i couldn't have parental advisory =)) =)) =)) =))
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    The fist album I bought, smash mouth lol, made an impact on my life but it didn't change anything.. Dylan, waits, Marley, cash, joni Mitchell etc.. These guys changed me a person.. I'm different, and better , now for have listened to them.. I grew mentally and emotional as a person.. IMO it's hard for a metal album to convey that kind of power for me idk
    Yeah id say the closest thing to this for me would be lateralus and it wasn't even when i first heard it. It wasn't until later on in life when i started to take a more positive outlook on things that it really hit me. 
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    BASED said:
    Holy Mountain is the best stoner metal album period. Dopethrone is a close second but Holy Mountain is way more dynamic 
    And spine of god is way more dynamic than holy mountain
    Honestly haven't listened to spine of god but I can guarantee Holy Mountain is way heavier considering Sleep are actually a metal band. Stoner metal and stoner rock are different animals. 
    True but I just encompass stoner as one genre usually..kyuss could technically qualify as stoner rock as well probably 
    Holy mountain is def heavier so if heavy is your end all be all then you'll like it more.. Spine of god is more on the fuzzy/trippy side