Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The 2013 Tours Thread

Comments

• rammstein516rammstein516 Posts: 3,720 juggalo
    It's because not everyone will like the same music you do. Justin Bieber plays in front of more people than Rammstein or SOAD. Does it make sense to me? No, but it does for millions of kids world-wide.
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    SOAD N RAMMSTEIN IN THE SAME WEEK?!?!?!
    AWWWWWWWWWWWW YYYEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH
    PASS and PASS. Although I wouldnt mind seeing those two bands on the bill of a summer festival like mayhem or ozzfest, I wouldnt go to a concert for either of them. Ever go to a concert where the crowd is pussy emo bitches and you feel that things might break out into some big homosexual orgy fest in the pit? yeah... that's those bands crowds, Especially SOAD! I actually like both bands, but wouldnt be caught dead at their shows. too gay.

Um not really
    They have amazing shows
    that can't be it, because i saw them live once, and they bored the shit out of me.
    Wow. That's sad
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    I don't get the whole Rammstein thing at all. I'm not sure what they have ever done to elevate themselves up to Arena headliner status. I seriously don't and i'm not even trying to rip the band. Aren't they still most famous for Du Hast, which was a moderate radio hit in the late 90's? What has happened since then for them to be such a big draw? Someone? Anyone?
    ditto...and same with SOAD for me
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    soad's first two albums were great. rammstein are supposed to be real good live, thats the only reason why i would want to see them. they are mediocre on cd
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    PASS and PASS. Although I wouldnt mind seeing those two bands on the bill of a summer festival like mayhem or ozzfest, I wouldnt go to a concert for either of them. Ever go to a concert where the crowd is pussy emo bitches and you feel that things might break out into some big homosexual orgy fest in the pit? yeah... that's those bands crowds, Especially SOAD! I actually like both bands, but wouldnt be caught dead at their shows. too gay.

Um not really
    Yes really for ME. It really depends on what sort of concerts you are into. I personally either enjoy really violent shows or shows that have a whole lot of crazy shit happening. Love Metallica in concert, Hate tool in concert. Best show ever was At The Gates reunion tour. Loved Carcass, Pantera, Sepultura, Cephalic Carnage, Cynic, Meshuggah, Suffocation, Aborted, etc.... Compared to the bands I just listed, perhaps you can see why I would think a band like SOAD and Rammstein would bring the suck. Not my thing.

• Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    They have amazing shows
    that can't be it, because i saw them live once, and they bored the shit out of me.
    Wow. That's sad
    i know. I'm not sure if they had an off night, or if it was just because their music sort of sucks as a whole and that made it difficult for me to enjoy it.
  • rammstein516rammstein516 Posts: 3,720 juggalo
    Opinions, everyone has them.
    opinions are like kittens
    always giving them away 8-X

Awwwww... I fucking love kittens. they are just soooooo cuuuute! especially when they roll on their back and do cute little human things with their paws.

Um not really
    Yes really for ME. It really depends on what sort of concerts you are into. I personally either enjoy really violent shows or shows that have a whole lot of crazy shit happening. Love Metallica in concert, Hate tool in concert. Best show ever was At The Gates reunion tour. Loved Carcass, Pantera, Sepultura, Cephalic Carnage, Cynic, Meshuggah, Suffocation, Aborted, etc.... Compared to the bands I just listed, perhaps you can see why I would think a band like SOAD and Rammstein would bring the suck. Not my thing.

I like all of those bands and I think SOAD and Rammstein would put on a great show. Even though the music is different, the show can still be great

I like all of those bands and I think SOAD and Rammstein would put on a great show. Even though the music is different, the show can still be great
    Spoken like someone who hasnt seen them in concert. I agree with you... Before I saw these bands headline I too thought they would put on a great show which is why I went and saw them. However at the show I realized I was just too out of place and it ruined the concert. I actually like SOAD on album (even their last two albums), and will buy any new album they make, however fuck seeing them in concert. Totally GAY. Like their concerts are really really bad. And it wasnt necessarily their performance that was bad, but the crowd they attract that ruins the whole experience.
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I'm really not trying to rip the band. That's not my point. The fact that I don't get into their music is really not relevant to what i'm trying to say. I will copy and paste this again here.......

I don't get the whole Rammstein thing at all. I'm not sure what they have ever done to elevate themselves up to Arena headliner status. I seriously don't and i'm not even trying to rip the band. Aren't they still most famous for Du Hast, which was a moderate radio hit in the late 90's? What has happened since then for them to be such a big draw? Someone? Anyone?

My point is really that I'm baffled by how big they may have become, by doing what exactly? They are headlining the same venue as Metallica, Iron Maiden, Britney Spears, etc. Are they really that big? and how and what have they done to get there? that's my point.

Spoken like someone who hasnt seen them in concert. I agree with you... Before I saw these bands headline I too thought they would put on a great show which is why I went and saw them. However at the show I realized I was just too out of place and it ruined the concert. I actually like SOAD on album (even their last two albums), and will buy any new album they make, however fuck seeing them in concert. Totally GAY. Like their concerts are really really bad. And it wasnt necessarily their performance that was bad, but the crowd they attract that ruins the whole experience.
    To be honest unless the crowd is directly affecting you, it shouldn't bother you who goes to the show
    I'm really not trying to rip the band. That's not my point. The fact that I don't get into their music is really not relevant to what i'm trying to say. I will copy and paste this again here.......

My point is really that I'm baffled by how big they may have become, by doing what exactly? They are headlining the same venue as Metallica, Iron Maiden, Britney Spears, etc. Are they really that big? and how and what have they done to get there? that's my point.

I think it's their live show that makes them so likeable

To be honest unless the crowd is directly affecting you, it shouldn't bother you who goes to the show
    Going to a concert is about the experience for me - The experience being the performance, the sound quality, and the shit that happens in the pit. If everyone is standing around picking their nose, the show is just going to fucking suck. I'd rather just be at home instead listing to the album with my speakers turned to 11, rocking the fuck out. When I go to a show I dont go to just stand around and jack off and watch the band play instruments. I want to go a little crazy, and have some brews, and just watch an amazing performance with crazy shit happening on stage.
    I'm going to take one out of Wine's book: if you can't have fun outside the pit, then I don't know what to say to you
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    wakes got it right, to bad this site is full of pussies who would rather memorize what the bassist is wearing and catch a goofy pick than rock out and blow off a little steam
    wakes got it right, to bad this site is full of pussies who would rather memorize what the bassist is wearing and catch a goofy pick than rock out and blow off a little steam
    I also think that bands feed off the energy in the pits. If a pit is going crazy, the band is going to have a lot more fun, and the performance is going to be a billion times better.

My best memories of concerts is when I made it on stage and stage dove back before security threw me out. If the pit isn't going crazy, that shit aint happenin.

and back to my original comment, SOAD are pussies and so are the fans that go to their shows. I made the mistake of going to their show once, never again. Those people going to their show don't like metal....
    I know right? You have to mosh hard and be br00talz in the pit to have a good time brosef.

I mosh and I like actually watching the bands as well. Moshing is lots of fun but I have more fun up front headbanging, screaming the words into the mic, catching a pick or drum stick, and seeing the bands. Moshing is cool but that isn't the only thing to do at a show
    I also think that bands feed off the energy in the pits. If a pit is going crazy, the band is going to have a lot more fun, and the performance is going to be a billion times better.

My best memories of concerts is when I made it on stage and stage dove back before security threw me out. If the pit isn't going crazy, that shit aint happenin.

and back to my original comment, SOAD are pussies and so are the fans that go to their shows. I made the mistake of going to their show once, never again. Those people going to their show don't like metal....
    They definitely do. I know I would. But they also feed off the energy from people in the crowd throwing horns, screamin the words, crowd surfing, and headbanging to the music. If all you have is a pit and then people standing around it wouldn't be as cool
This discussion has been closed.