Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The 2013 Tours Thread

Comments

• WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited March 2011
    yeah but what about bands like Iron Maiden or others that moshing aren't really a part of their experience. Do you avoid those bands shows?

no. Sometimes the classics are good shows without moshing. But in general if it is a band like SOAD and the crowd are gay and dont mosh then yes. skip the show.

Last december I went and saw Roger Waters performing the Wall in its entirety. That show was fucking awesome. But also there was a whole lot more to the production then just a band playing on stage.
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    Bands like Maiden bring about a different mood for people so I don't think they really have the need to mosh
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    your looking at it the wrong way santana. i enjoy metal music so much that i want to express it physically. the band gets me so amped up that standing around holding my pecker aint gonna cut it, i need to do something
    I it enjoy it so much that it makes me wanna mosh hard but also headband my face off and be up front. I like both aspects but I thunk people need to realize there's more than the pit
    im not saying you need to mosh in the pit all night, but i like shows where the entire floor is at least push moshing and moving around instead of standing in one place all show

• SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    your looking at it the wrong way santana. i enjoy metal music so much that i want to express it physically. the band gets me so amped up that standing around holding my pecker aint gonna cut it, i need to do something
    I it enjoy it so much that it makes me wanna mosh hard but also headband my face off and be up front. I like both aspects but I thunk people need to realize there's more than the pit
    im not saying you need to mosh in the pit all night, but i like shows where the entire floor is at least push moshing and moving around instead of standing in one place all show

Yeah those shows are loads of fun and I'm not saying shows shouldn't ever be like that. Even when I'm no moshing, the put gives me energy. I just like to be up front at a lot of shows.
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Awesome example. Because hatebreed pretty much sucks musically speaking, but they throw a raging awesome party. I fucking love hatebreed on stage... one of the best!
    I like Hatebreed for their music <_>
    Hatebreed is awesome if you like 45 minutes of breakdowns. I'm actually cool with Hatebreed. Every now and then I dont mind a song of breakdowns; Not 45 straight minutes though....

• NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    Opinions, everyone has them.
    I'm really not trying to rip the band. That's not my point. The fact that I don't get into their music is really not relevant to what i'm trying to say. I will copy and paste this again here.......

I don't get the whole Rammstein thing at all. I'm not sure what they have ever done to elevate themselves up to Arena headliner status. I seriously don't and i'm not even trying to rip the band. Aren't they still most famous for Du Hast, which was a moderate radio hit in the late 90's? What has happened since then for them to be such a big draw? Someone? Anyone?

My point is really that I'm baffled by how big they may have become, by doing what exactly? They are headlining the same venue as Metallica, Iron Maiden, Britney Spears, etc. Are they really that big? and how and what have they done to get there? that's my point.

Are they really that big? Obviously so if they sold out places like MSG in about 5-10 minutes. They never come to the US...because well we don't appreciate shit as much as Europeans do. And their live sho has lots going on, escpecially in the pyro dept.
    imageimage
  • Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
    i don't really mosh at shows anymore. I'm getting old and I was getting too many injuries that I would have to explain at work on Monday.
    Ditto. Plus it takes forever to heal now that I'm geriatric.
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    i don't really mosh at shows anymore. I'm getting old and I was getting too many injuries that I would have to explain at work on Monday.
    Ditto. Plus it takes forever to heal now that I'm geriatric.
    lol
    They need to have a geriatric area for all of us old farts at the shows. Wheelchair moshpits would be the bomb.
    i won't go that far, but I just don't go in the pits as often as i used to. every once in awhile i feel the need to go in there and knock the fuck out of someone tho.
    Opinions, everyone has them.
    I'm really not trying to rip the band. That's not my point. The fact that I don't get into their music is really not relevant to what i'm trying to say. I will copy and paste this again here.......

I don't get the whole Rammstein thing at all. I'm not sure what they have ever done to elevate themselves up to Arena headliner status. I seriously don't and i'm not even trying to rip the band. Aren't they still most famous for Du Hast, which was a moderate radio hit in the late 90's? What has happened since then for them to be such a big draw? Someone? Anyone?

My point is really that I'm baffled by how big they may have become, by doing what exactly? They are headlining the same venue as Metallica, Iron Maiden, Britney Spears, etc. Are they really that big? and how and what have they done to get there? that's my point.

Are they really that big? Obviously so if they sold out places like MSG in about 5-10 minutes. They never come to the US...because well we don't appreciate shit as much as Europeans do. And their live sho has lots going on, escpecially in the pyro dept.
    apparently but I just can't wrap my brain around how or why is all....

• laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    They need to have a geriatric area for all of us old farts at the shows. Wheelchair moshpits would be the bomb.
    I am sitting in a section like that at the House Of Blues tonight....2 rows of seats in the balcony. everywhere is is pretty much GA

i won't go that far, but I just don't go in the pits as often as i used to. every once in awhile i feel the need to go in there and knock the fuck out of someone tho.
    I get that feeling on a daily basis. Not many pits around so I usually just hit 'em anyway. Always feels good to punch a fucktard. Always.
    I am sitting in a section like that at the House Of Blues tonight....2 rows of seats in the balcony. everywhere is is pretty much GA

Are you bringing your walker? Does it have the tennis balls on it so you don't scratch the fllor at HOB? LMAO

How's Laurie doing, John?

Are you bringing your walker? Does it have the tennis balls on it so you don't scratch the fllor at HOB? LMAO

How's Laurie doing, John?

Laurie is very grouchy, since she got prego. she is pissed that i am going to Motorhead tonight, when she wants me to stay home with her
    Tell her you are going to commune with God. Lemmy is God. Have you watched the Lemmy movie yet? I watched it yesterday and loved it. Gonna watch all the extras later tonight. Like 2 hours worth of extra shit not included in the movie.
    Tell her you are going to commune with God. Lemmy is God. Have you watched the Lemmy movie yet? I watched it yesterday and loved it. Gonna watch all the extras later tonight. Like 2 hours worth of extra shit not included in the movie.
    yes, i bought the DVD. extras are really good.

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,723 mod
    Hmm....another insightful discussion....but no tours. <_>
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    You expecting something different here in ADD land?
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Terror and Stick To Your Guns will be joined by Trapped Under Ice, Close Your Eyes, and Your Demise next month for the "Stick Tight 2011" tour. Dates include:

4/13 Albany, NY @ Bogies
    4/14 Buffalo, NY @ Mohawk Place
    4/15 Worcester, MA @ The Palladium (New England Metal and Hardcore Fest)
    4/16 Gatineau, QC @ St-Als
    4/17 Montreal, QC @ La Tulipe
    4/18 Quebec, QC @ Le Cercle
    4/19 Toronto, ON @ Annex Wreck Room
    4/20 Detroit, MI @ Magic Stick
    4/21 Iowa City, IA @ Blue Moose Tap House
    4/22 Minneapolis, MN @ Triple Rock
    4/23 Omaha, NE @ Sokol Underground
    4/24 Rapid City, SD @ Dublin Square
    4/26 Boise, ID @ Mardi Gras Events
    4/27 Seattle, WA @ Chop Suey
    4/28 Portland, OR @ Branx