Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The 2013 Tours Thread

Comments

• SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    No problem. It's going to be as fail as all these no tour posts though
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    2cents put on a fun set
    Last summer I ran into Jason Wendell the base guitarist for 2cents. It was funny because he was wearing some gay shirt that said "real korn fan" or something equally as gay. He seemed like a cool guy, and I was somehow able to refrain from telling him his band sucked and he was gay for wearing the korn shirt. I dont know how I held myself back. lol. I guess I am just nice like that.
    Whitechapel and BDM alone will get me to go then add darkest hour
    and dying fetus fuck yeah.
    Greatest concert I ever saw was At The Gates reunion tour in 2008. You pretty much had to be there to understand why it was so epic. Anyways, I was jumping for joy when I heard Darkest Hour tour bus got stuck in ID or something. lol. that band sucks. Them skipping the seattle date made At The Gates Seattle stop PERFECT.
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    2cents put on a fun set
    Last summer I ran into Jason Wendell the base guitarist for 2cents. It was funny because he was wearing some gay shirt that said "real korn fan" or something equally as gay. He seemed like a cool guy, and I was somehow able to refrain from telling him his band sucked and he was gay for wearing the korn shirt. I dont know how I held myself back. lol. I guess I am just nice like that.
    they put on a memorable show for me. The singer / drummer kept on losing drumsticks during the set, and he only had one pair. They would fly in the crowd and somehow make it back to him. kept on playing one handed because of that. was funneh
    2cents put on a fun set
    they put on a memorable show for me. The singer / drummer kept on losing drumsticks during the set, and he only had one pair. They would fly in the crowd and somehow make it back to him. kept on playing one handed because of that. was funneh
    I've never seen then live. Lots of musically shitty bands put on great performances, and lots of musically awesome bands pu ton shitty performances. It wouldnt surprise me that 2cents puts on a good performance, but I am not a fan of their tunes.... like I said, Wendell seemed pretty cool. Well besides advertising that you were a korn fan. lol.
    Highlight, musically, of 2cents set was a Dimebag tribute. all their original songs were good, not great
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    who the fuck is 2cents?
    who the fuck is 2cents?
    opener for the Danzig tour...i saw them with shadows Fall and FFDP
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    sounds like a rap group
    who the fuck is 2cents?
    a shitty band. Don't bother looking into them.
    Recent "The Celebrity Apprentice" winner and Donald Trump favorite, rocker Bret Michaels, currently recuperating from heart surgery, will reunite with all original POISON band mates for a 25th-anniversary tour tentatively titled "Glam – A – Gedon 25". For the first time ever POISON and MÖTLEY CRÜE will co-headline a select date summer tour with special guests the NEW YORK DOLLS.

Although several controversial statements have been made in the press by certain members of MÖTLEY CRÜE vowing this tour would never happen, that is simply not the case. Fans of both bands have spoken and want the tour to happen and both MÖTLEY CRÜE and POISON have agreed. Concert promoters in these select cities state that the buzz is unbelievable for both the POISON dates as well as the MÖTLEY CRÜE / POISON tour. No doubt this will be the rock tour of the summer.

Tickets for the MÖTLEY CRÜE / POISON tour will go on sale March 18. POISON plan to kick off their 25th-anniversary "Glam -A – Gedon 25" tour in Tupelo Mississippi at the Bancorp South Arena Wednesday May 25. Michaels will then continue solo, playing Thursday, May 26 in Ft. Walton Beach where he will perform for the fans and troops as he did last Memorial Day weekend. Michaels will rejoin POISON in Little Rock at the River Fest Amphitheater on Friday, May 27. Michaels will then perform solo at the Hard Rock in Biloxi on Saturday, May 28. Bret will rejoin POISON and MÖTLEY CRÜE Sunday, May 29 at Rocklahoma. POISON will then continue on alone playing arenas from Memorial Day until rejoining MÖTLEY CRÜE in Dallas at the Starplex Amphitheater on Tuesday, June 7.

When reporters recently asked Bret Michaels if there was any bad blood between the bands, Michaels laughed: "There may be some friendly competition but there is no bad blood at all on my part. Nikki [Sixx, MÖTLEY CRÜE bassist] and I have spoken several times on the phone recently and the conversations went great." Michaels continued, "Music is a universal language and I am extremely excited that this tour has come together as are the fans, they are truly going to see a great show. Honestly, I could care less about all the mudslinging, it gets nobody nowhere, and after all I have been through health wise in the last year, I am going to try to focus on what does matter which is the show, the fans, fun and personally throwing a hell of a backstage party."

Bret Michaels' solo tour will start March 19 when he appears at Muhammad Ali's "Celebrity Fight Night" alongside Kevin Costner, David Foster, Billy Crystal, Halle Berry and Reba McIntire and will continue up until the MÖTLEY CRÜE / POISON tour starts. The "Get Your Rock On" solo tour in support of the album of the same name will resume immediately following the select summer dates with MÖTLEY CRÜE and POISON.

American melodic metallers KAMELOT will embark on a full headlining North American tour in August/September. Support on the trek will come from ALESTORM, BLACKGUARD and THE AGONIST.

Due to continuing medical and personal issues, KAMELOT vocalist Roy Khan will not be able to finish the remaining touring in support of the band's latest album, "Poetry For The Poisoned". He states, "I am here in Norway still recovering from what seems to have been a severe burnout syndrome. I am getting better, but still under medical care. My priorities at the moment are my health and family. My future endeavors in KAMELOT and music in general are being evaluated. However, at this time my focus is on getting back on my feet and spending time with family and friends. Thank you for your prayers and well wishes!"

With the news of Roy's continued absence, KAMELOT has announced that metal icon Fabio Lione (RHAPSODY OF FIRE) will be handling the lead vocal duties on all the upcoming shows.

Lione is eager to get on the road, stating, "I am excited and pleased to be part of the next KAMELOT tour. I always loved the sound of the band..and I think this will be a great experience for me, the band, and for all the fans of great music and KAMELOT. See you soon on tour and let's rock!!!"

In addition to Fabio, throughout these shows there will also be special guest and vocal appearances from top artists in the scene.

KAMELOT's North American tour dates:

Aug. 26 - Atlanta, GA - The Masquarade
    Aug. 27 - West Springfield, VA - Jaxx
    Aug. 28 - Philadelphia, PA - The Trocadero
    Aug. 30 - New York, NY - The Gramercy Theatre
    Aug. 31- Worcester, MA - The Palladium
    Sep. 02 - Montreal, QC - Club Soda
    Sep. 03 - Quebec City, QC - Imperial De Quebec
    Sep. 04 - Toronto, ON - Mod Club
    Sep. 06 - Cleveland, OH - Peabody's
    Sep. 07 - Detroit, MI - Blondie's
    Sep. 08 - Chicago, IL - Bottom Lounge
    Sep. 09 - St. Paul, NM - Station 4
    Sep. 12 - Seattle, WA - El Corazon
    Sep. 13 - Portland, OR - Peter’s Room
    Sep. 14 - San Francisco, CA - Slim's
    Sep. 15 - West Hollywood, CA - House Of Blues
    Sep. 16 - Tempe, AZ - Clubhouse
    Sep. 17 - Salt Lake City, UT - The Complex
    Sep. 18 - Denver, CO - Bluebird Theater
    Sep. 20 - Dallas, TX - Trees
    Sep. 21 - Houston, TX - Scout Bar
    Sep. 23 - Orlando, FL - The Club At Firestone
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    hey look another tour snubbing cincy
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    ^ Is your name Chris?
    inb4lists
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    hell nah
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    Ok, you just reminded me of someone I've seen online before.
    inb4lists
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    edited February 2011
    OoOo Kamelot n Alestorm
    2 days before my bday too.
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    I probably can't make my date, but we'll see. That time of year will be busy.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
This discussion has been closed.