Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Movies Thread*** (NSFW)

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    Dime2 said:
    Wow. I can’t believe I was talking to a racist, homophobic bigot all these years. Burning all your albums as we speak and unfollowed unsubscribed unreblogged from the band. Tell me you like Trump without telling me you like Trump. Fucking disgusting 
    Nah Im just saying writers are getting lazy and predictable
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    I acknowledge it but I don’t think it’s a bad thing. I’d imagine bipoc have been watching movies their entire lives like “Oh that white guy is gonna be the hero and bed down the sexiest girl”
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    Watched old dads last weekend. Not a crazy good movie, but a solid comedy. It was really refreshing to see an old fashioned comedy cracking jokes at the way people live in 2023. 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Godzilla Minus One was pretty damn good 
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,790 jayfacer
    Can’t wait seeing it tonight 
    Curious to hear what you thought 
    Honestly I loved it. Keep in mind I went with my buddy Dave who loves Godzilla like I love Iron Maiden lol dude literally knows everything there is to know about Godzilla, I’m a newb tbh. I’ve seen the modern timeline (2014, Skull Island, King Of The Monsters, Godzilla V Kong) and the OG and Shin Godzilla. This one hit for me. First off, I was more connected with the human plot than with anything else which I didn’t think was possible for a Godzilla flick. I usually hate the humans but I was so invested in their struggle for this one. 
        I usually hate fake outs but  the end honestly kind of hit me in the feels, especially the “Is your war over yet?” Line. 
        Also, I never thought I’d be praising cinematography in a Godzilla movie but my God was this film gorgeous. I honestly loved every minute of it and through my admittedly limited Godzilla movie pool, I think this one is a shoe in for my favorite so far 
    Dime2 said:
    Honestly I loved it. Keep in mind I went with my buddy Dave who loves Godzilla like I love Iron Maiden lol dude literally knows everything there is to know about Godzilla, I’m a newb tbh. I’ve seen the modern timeline (2014, Skull Island, King Of The Monsters, Godzilla V Kong) and the OG and Shin Godzilla. This one hit for me. First off, I was more connected with the human plot than with anything else which I didn’t think was possible for a Godzilla flick. I usually hate the humans but I was so invested in their struggle for this one. 
        I usually hate fake outs but  the end honestly kind of hit me in the feels, especially the “Is your war over yet?” Line. 
        Also, I never thought I’d be praising cinematography in a Godzilla movie but my God was this film gorgeous. I honestly loved every minute of it and through my admittedly limited Godzilla movie pool, I think this one is a shoe in for my favorite so far 
    You need to watch more Japanese made Godzilla my friend
    Not saying this movie was bad, btw, with that comment. I havent seen it yet, but really want to. Just saying those things you mentioned liking about it are more prominent in many of the Japanese made Godzilla movies
    Honestly in short I just had a blast with this one from start to end. Everything worked for me. Godzilla basically having Majinn Buu properties to the human characters being both relatable and relevant, to the actual film itself looking pristine and the predictable but honestly solid ending I had fun wit this one the entire time. 
    Dime2 said:
     I was actually just about to comment that. I really liked the human characters in Shin Godzilla as well so I definitely picked up on the fact that I’ve liked them in all the Japanese ones I’ve seen so far and hated them in all the American made ones lol though I have enjoyed the American made films as a whole 
    edited December 2023
    @FIRENATHANIELHACKETT @MetalCoresades would love some recommendations as far as Godzilla. What’s y’all’s top 5?
    Mf uhhh. It's been a while since my last series rewatch. But Godzilla Vs Biolllante is my favorite. The original Gojira is an all-time classic. I really liked Shin Godzilla. Mothra vs Godzilla, and Godzilla vs Mothra are both real good. Godzilla vs Hedorah is cool
    As of now I honestly go with Minus One for my favorite. Only ones I’ve seen are 

Godzilla (1998)
    Godzilla (2014)
    Kong: Skull Island 
    Godzilla: King Of The Monsters 
    Godzilla Vs. Kong 
    Shin Godzilla 
    Godzilla Minus One 
    edited December 2023
    Dime2 said:
    @FIRENATHANIELHACKETT @MetalCoresades would love some recommendations as far as Godzilla. What’s y’all’s top 5?
    I used to be a huge Godzilla nerds as a kid, they were my "watch on repeat until it drove my parents crazy" movies. The Godzilla timeline is confusing as fuck so these movies aren't all from the same timeline but still 

Giant Monsters All-Out Attack 

Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla 

Godzilla vs Destroyah

The Return of Godzilla 

Godzilla: Final Wars

For the record Shin Godzilla and Minus One would be on this list if you hadn't already seen them 
    Dime2 said:
    Agreed, but I will say this is probably the best human story in a Godzilla movie to date. 
    Thanks dudes! Definitely wanna go down this rabbit hole 
    Dime2 said:
    As of now I honestly go with Minus One for my favorite. Only ones I’ve seen are 

Godzilla (1998)
    Godzilla (2014)
    Kong: Skull Island 
    Godzilla: King Of The Monsters 
    Godzilla Vs. Kong 
    Shin Godzilla 
    Godzilla Minus One 
    watch the original one for sure
    Oh yeah lmao I assumed you'd seen the original. It's fantastic 
    Dime2 said:
    Thanks dudes! Definitely wanna go down this rabbit hole 
    There's like 40 Godzilla movies so if you wanna go deep down the rabbit hole the opportunity is there