Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Movies Thread*** (NSFW)

Comments

• DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    It was a bit excessive. Probably an hour and a half of people bullshit, and 20 mins of good kaiju action and another 10 mins of kaiju fights where they kept going back to the people. 
     I didn't feel so. I thought you got alot of interesting stuff where it was teasing a monster. I would say there was at least a good 45 mins of bad ass kaiju action. Not to mention the Asian guy was awesome (forgot his name). 
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    John Wick 3 thoughhhh
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Finally watching John Wick 2 tonight
    Just as good as the original, hype to see the new one
    Saw Dark Phoenix today. Full disclosure; I honestly don't see why people are shitting on it as hard as they are. It's by no means great but I enjoyed it and I thought it was entertaining. SPOILERS BELOW IN CASE ANYONE CARES

So, my biggest problem with the First Class reboot, is that most of the new X-Men castings bore me. To be honest, Beast won me over here and Sophie Turner did a good job as Jean, but Storm, Night Crawler, Cyclops etc all still bore the crap out of me. Thank God for Fassbender and McAvoy because they were always the best parts of these things and continue to be a joy to watch here. The action sequences on the train and the confrontation with Jean's dad were fucking sweet. Loved everything about them, the emotion and action was spot on. Admittedly, Mystique's death was predictable, but it was still a solid moment and served it's purpose within the story. However, that brings me to another issue I had. One of the only other X-Men in this series that I always enjoyed seeing was Quicksilver and he's in here for less time than Captain Marvel was in Endgame which really sucks. They also chose not to have him tell Magneto that he was his son and that was one of the few things I actually wanted a resolve to in this series. He has literally the only funny line in the movie and it was a damn shame he was wasted like that. Anyway, I thought the visuals were decent and, again, the relationship between Charles/Eric/Hank is worked out greatly. The villain was absolute shit though. It's never explained who they are (aside from one clunky, subtitled throw away line), why they're here and they explain what they want but not really why they want it. It was handled so damn piss poor and if you didn't already know who they were, you'd never find out through the movie. Phoenix almost works as a send off, but unfortunately it fumbles the ending. Up until then, it does a pretty good job handling that "Grand finale" feel but it just doesn't stick the ending at all. Only other plus was the mutant with the dreads was cool lol. Overall, better than Origins and The Wolverine but probably on par with Last Stand. 
    Toy Story 4 was okay but so damn pointless
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Toy story 4 was awesome 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    Watching Black Hawk down tn for the first time in years with the gf and a 12 pack of summer sams
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Saw Annabelle comes home. I didn’t love it but didn’t hate it. It was alright. 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    It Part 2 was litty saw it last night
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    There now.

Scored a dope Pennywise poster too B)
    Pass the god damn butter.
    Showing the gf Signs for the first time. I know this movie is widely made fun of, and I know it might be nostalgia from seeing it as a kid, but something about this movie builds atmosphere unlike any other movie I've seen
    edited September 2019
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    ?
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod