Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Movies Thread*** (NSFW)

Comments

• DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Back on my watching classic/iconic movies I've never seen phase. Watched the first Austin Powers and I'm working my way through Indiana Jones. Seen Raiders and Temple so far. 
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    edited May 2019
    I'm assuming you're wtf me never having seen Indiana Jones lol Satan and I discussed this a while back. There were/are some major gaps in my history. Matter of fact, I remember he had recomend me Godfather at the time lol anyway officially through the original Indiana Jones flicks. Watched Last Crusade tonight. Yes, I will he watching Kingdom at some point in the next couple days. Then I'll prob knock out the Austin Powers sequels. 
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    Never seen Indiana Jones 
    Until a few days ago, neither have I. Really loved Raiders and Crusade though and I liked Temple. 
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    Dime said:
    Until a few days ago, neither have I. Really loved Raiders and Crusade though and I liked Temple. 
    General consensus tbh 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    The way I always go about it, is I'll do research after I see movie not prior. So after was when I found out about controversy surrounding Temple. I didn't really give a shit about the dinner scene. I thought it dragged but I didn't think it was horribly offensive when they're trying to depict this Ancient cult as savages. Also, I thought there was some darker moments in Raiders so I didn't see the dark moments in Temple as some sort of big deal. I thought it was retarded that it was a prequel and I absolutely hated Willie. But short round made me laugh and the last hour of the movie was entertaining as fuck. 
    Up until right now, I never knew Temple of Doom was a prequel. Wtf. 
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Goldmember is the GOAT Austin Powers movie to me just cuz of how often it was on TV as a kid

My winkey was a keyyyyyy
    edited May 2019
    Up until right now, I never knew Temple of Doom was a prequel. Wtf. 
     Yee I noticed that initially and thought they just fucked up the dates (Raiders set in 1936, Temple in 1935) but apparently it was intentional.
    Xeno said:
    Goldmember is the GOAT Austin Powers movie to me just cuz of how often it was on TV as a kid

My winkey was a keyyyyyy
     Tbh I didn't like the first Austin Powers at all. Only thing I laughed at was when they told him the cold war was over and the transitions between scenes. Willing to check out Goldmember though because I hear the most about that one. I just really don't find Myers all that funny. 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Xeno said:

My winkey was a keyyyyyy
    I love the first one for this reason but I've only seen Goldmember like once i dont even remember it
    About to start Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
    Dime said:
    About to start Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
    Godspeed
    Honestly, I didn't think it was horrible. I'm not saying it's good, mind you I'm just saying for me personally it was boring as fuck but not a bad film. I knew about the aliens before watching it, so it wasn't a surprise and it was still ridiculous to see. Pretty lame and didn't really fit. It ruins the mystic of ancient artifacts/cults/mythos etc when you plop aliens in there. The older throw backs were to rehashy and the new stuff just went kinda ass backwards on the tone the previous movies set. It's biggest crime is just a lack of anything really exciting imo. The CGI was also atrocious. This movie came out in 2009? 2010? For it to be that bad is unacceptable. All that being said, I really still enjoyed the shit out of Harrison Ford in this thing as well as Marion coming back. She's the only chick Indy character I gave a shit about. The new characters were pretty lame and forgettable. The villain was weak, Mac sucked. Shia was alright I guess. There were some cool shots (the reverse poison dart thing was dope) but overall definitely the weakest in the franchise. Oh and by the way, no bullshit, I absolutely loved the fridge scene! That felt so at home and whacky in an otherwise bland movie. And to those that call that ridiculous and "too far" as far as realism, I refute with this; the fucking inflatable raft down a mountain into a river from Temple is as ridiculous if not more so. 
    Also, I found the car boat thing balancing on a tree dumber than the fridge.
    It came out 2008. I remember because we had an end of year school trip to see it in 8th grade  
    Watched both The Spy Who Shagged Me and Goldmember tonight. Thought Spy was legitimately hilarious and miles better and funnier than the first. I couldn't not laugh at mini-me and, for the most part, fat bastard. Felicity was a better character than the first broad and I felt like even Austin was just funnier. Definitely enjoyed that one. 

Goldmember was okay. Again, mini me was hilarious here same with the older characters. Funny stuff from them. However, Goldmember annoyed the fuck out of me and I didn't laugh once during his shtick. Beyonce was also pretty damn pointless, wish they just focused on Austin and Nigel's relationship more. The end made no sense but it made me laugh. Also the movie cameos in the beginning and end were great 

Overall, the films are alright. Disliked the first, really liked the second and thought the third was average. Still probably go see 4 if it ever comes out. 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Pikachu was lit
    Pikachu was good. Not great, but a fun watch. Had some legitimate twists and some big laugh out loud moments, and the visuals were beyond dope.