Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Movies Thread*** (NSFW)

Comments

• SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    Yeah I read that. Sony needs to do something because they're already close to needing another reboot on Spiderman
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    X-Men/Avengers/Spider-Man movie would pretty much be one of the best super hero flicks of all time. 
    And @Satan I was reading an article last week that said Andrew Garfield and co were disappointed with Amazing Spider-Man 2 and there will likely not be a 3. Sony has also expressed interest and rebooting the franchise........again :| 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    I'm cool with X-Men doing their own thing. Fox is doing a decent job and there are so many characters to pull from its not even a big deal. Especially if the Fantastic Four reboot is good, they can just cross those two over.

But Spider Man has started to become stale. They need to do something. And I dont think this Sinister Six bullshit is the answer. Venom could be cool but they'd probably fuck it up. If they want to create a universe they should throw Ben Reiley in there.
    Yeah Amazing Spider-Man 2 actually tied Spider-Man 3 as the worst fucking Spider-Man. Like they learned absolutely nothing from Spider-Man 3's fuck ups. I imagine the meeting went something like "Okay gang, we all know Spider-Man 3 was fucked because there were too many villains and not enough time to invest/care about their stories. So how do we resolve this issue for Amazing Spider-Man 2?" Then some guy replies with "Oh! I know. Let's put in the same amount of villains and also deprive their stories from expanding and being fulfilling, but with a shock value ending that will direct attention away from our bullshit!" Brilliant! Cut. Print. Gay. 
    I can agree with that. All the X-Men movies have been pretty good and I have re watched them all a few times. 
    Except for The Wolverine. Fuckin thang sucked. 
    ASM was good, but 2 was so over blown and lacking in logic. Electro basically was a dumbed down Doctor Manhatten. The Giblin was rushed at the end and made about as much sense as Venom did on the Raimi 3. Idk, I'm not too hype about Sinister but I'll watch it cuz of my kids
    The only thing I'm excited for is the shit Marvel is putting out. To be honest, I'm kinda glad these other studios have Spider Man and X-Men. If Marvel had the rights, they'd be making those movies instead of Guardians Of The Galaxy and Ant Man. This way, we get both. 
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,663 master of ceremonies
    Last I heard Venom/Carnage movie was pretty much dead. 
    If the Netflix tv shows turn out good, I think thats the nail in the coffin on my interest in non Marvel Studios stuff. We will have Iron Fist and Luke Cage tv shows while DC is struggling to get Justice League off the ground.
    I forgot Marvel fucked over Fox with Fantastic Four. They cancelled the F4 comic in lieu of the new movie coming out =))
    Hoping this Fantastic 4 reboot is good. Them niggas deserve a good movie. 
    If they follow the Warren Ellis version, it'll be the best possible outcome for that franchise
    Last I heard Venom/Carnage movie was pretty much dead. 
    Damn. Unless Spidey 3 is a home run I'd say the series is done for.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,711 spicy boy
    edited October 2014
    The upcoming F4 just sounds horrible. Everything about it. The casting. The characters ages. The fact they said it was going to be gritty and rooted in realism. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,711 spicy boy
    Spidey better be a part of the Civil War. His involvement is crucial to the story.
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    I dont blame them for that for 2 reasons.

The original FF movies were campy as fuck so they want to stray away from that. As well as wanting to keep the tone of X Men in case they cross over. 
    It's kinda funny how Marvel seems to have actively left the "dark and gritty" to Batman and are p much thriving because of that while the others are plugging away at it to varying degrees of success, most being lackluster and forced