Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Movies Thread*** (NSFW)

Comments

• SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    pretty funny*
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    I liked it. I don't get how it's overhyped though. I thought it had a unique storyline and the ending made me think of two things
    imageimage
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,283 mod
    it is overhyped

If you don't read anything on it or about it, it wouldn't be overhyped to you. Which is why I don't find it that way. I enjoyed the fact it made me laugh quite a bit as well
    imageimage
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I imagine it's overhyped because Rotten Tomatoes has it at like a 90%
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,664 master of ceremonies
    About to watch The Raid Redemption. Been waiting a long time to see this.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    my rule of thumb is if skully is going to see it, i will pass on the movie...
    I liked it. I don't get how it's overhyped though. I thought it had a unique storyline and the ending made me think of two things
    it's overhyped because of the great things i read about it and that the film makers were so secretive about what it was really about not trying to give anything away which lead me to believe it was something better then it was. those 2 reasons got me expecting it to be a super great movie and i ended up being disappointed. and after seeing a billion horror movies i walked out of the theater thinking "that was what all the hype was about?".
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
    my rule of thumb is if skully is going to see it, i will pass on the movie...
    fuck you and the person who "liked" that X( . but you probably wouldn't see half the movies i do because they're mostly horror movies and you're too much of a pussy to watch them :)) :))
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    yea that must be it lol
    See, there was your mistake. You read things about it and then had high expectations
    imageimage
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    That makes no sense
    How does that make no sense? When you read about a movie you're going to go see before it comes out or even reviews after it can set your expectations high and you can end up disappointed. I just saw the trailers and didn't read anything about it
    imageimage
    That doesn't change the fact that the movie wasn't good. Who doesn't expect a movie to be good when they see it in theaters?
    I don't expect anything really. To me Cabin In the Woods was good. I enjoyed it, had some good kills, it was different, made me laugh, and I liked the ending
    imageimage
    it's overhyped because of the great things i read about it and that the film makers were so secretive about what it was really about not trying to give anything away which lead me to believe it was something better then it was. those 2 reasons got me expecting it to be a super great movie and i ended up being disappointed. and after seeing a billion horror movies i walked out of the theater thinking "that was what all the hype was about?".
    Yeah you totally missed the point of the movie. Wasn't supposed to be a horror movie at all really.

Any who I liked Cabin but The Raid Redemption was holy shit amazing. The fight scenes were some of the best I have ever seen. Movie you should definitely see if you love action movies and fights. Best action movie in such a looooooooong ass time.
    Marc you fag you say every movie you see is the best you've seen in a long time <_>
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    Maybe his idea of a long time is 2 weeks
    Maybe his idea of a long time is 2 weeks
    pretty much :))
    But seriously go see The Raid. I know you two would love it.