Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Movies Thread*** (NSFW)

Comments

• NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    I ain't excited <_>
    imageimage
  • 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
  • DreamtheaterDreamtheater Posts: 1,088 just the tip
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    harry potter bores me to tears
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers

This. Heh. We were basically studying the apocalyse of the human mind, body, morals, religion, education, etc...along with the traditional apocalypse. So far, one of my favorite classes I've ever taken.
    you could have chosen any apocalypse movie and you chose Walle :-|
    edited July 2011
    harry potter bores me to tears
    I think harry potter was great is getting kids excited about reading. The phenomenon has been very successful.

From a literary standpoint, the books (and movies for that matter) were very formulaic and boring. Even in the end, JK Rowling couldn't produce an interesting ending. It was just so damn predictable. If she wanted it to be something more then what it was, she should have condensed it down to three books. And in the end Harry should have succumb to the evil inside him and surpassed (in evilness) the villain he fought to destroy.

atlas... the book would have then been for a much older demographic. Not really the type of story for a 10 year old little boy, and 10 year old girls into boy things.

The Post Man, Mad Max 2, Dawn of the Dead, 28 days later, 12 monkeys, Armageddon, Reign of Fire.

any of the above movies would have been better then WALLE. 8-|

The Post Man, Mad Max 2, Dawn of the Dead, 28 days later, 12 monkeys, Armageddon, Reign of Fire.

AKIRA!

AKIRA!
    :-? never seen it. I'd like to try and remember to dl it though.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,032 master of ceremonies
    28 Days Later=best zombie movie evah
    28 Days Later=best zombie movie evah
    i can agree with this
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Bad Teacher on Friday :D
    sexy time on saturday? ;-)
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer

This. Heh. We were basically studying the apocalyse of the human mind, body, morals, religion, education, etc...along with the traditional apocalypse. So far, one of my favorite classes I've ever taken.
    I didn't choose shit. It was on the course list. Also had Apocalypse Now, War Of The Worlds, Planet of the Apes (original), Hell House, others I can't remember. Our reading list had Revelations, Left Behind :)), Time Machine, Heart of Darkness, The Road, and Oryx & Crake (among others).
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • Its_Meh_ChewIts_Meh_Chew Posts: 7,380 just the tip
    Winnie the Pooh >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Harry Potter

I didn't choose shit. It was on the course list. Also had Apocalypse Now, War Of The Worlds, Planet of the Apes (original), Hell House, others I can't remember. Our reading list had Revelations, Left Behind :)), Time Machine, Heart of Darkness, The Road, and Oryx & Crake (among others).
    oh. I was just asking, no need to get mad at me :) That is funny that Apocalypse Now is on it. Was anyone assigned that movie? Seems like it would be hard to write an apocalypse paper on a movie that isnt about an apocalypse.
    The class wasn't about the traditional sense of apocalypse. That movie we talked about the breakdown of the mind into base, killing urges. Also, it was an adaptation of Heart of Darkness if you werent aware. Anyway, we didn't write any papers in that class, just daily quizzes. It was an experiement. Class of 120 and it was structured as a discussion class. Worked beautifully. 2 profs, 3 TAs.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
    The class wasn't about the traditional sense of apocalypse. That movie we talked about the breakdown of the mind into base, killing urges. Also, it was an adaptation of Heart of Darkness if you werent aware. Anyway, we didn't write any papers in that class, just daily quizzes. It was an experiement. Class of 120 and it was structured as a discussion class. Worked beautifully. 2 profs, 3 TAs.
    ooohhh.... sounds fun.
    ooohhh.... sounds fun.
    It was a blast. It had the feel of a small class though there were so many of us. Counted toward my minor too.