Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Movies Thread*** (NSFW)

Comments

• BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    NOT WHEN IT'S CHOCOLATE, BITCH
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    :-)) :-))
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    haha i just guessed where that city was. I really want to see super eight .
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,727 mod
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,032 master of ceremonies
    *gets chowder instead*
    New England or get the fuck out
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    some cool news for the upcoming Texas Chainsaw Massacre sequal:

The secrets have been out of the bag since day one, and information from Lionsgate's Texas Chainsaw revival is leaked at every turn.

To segue you into the latest news, let's recap: John Luessenhop is directing from a screenplay by Kirsten Elms, Stephen Susco and Debra Sullivan. Luessenhop helped with the script. Genre fav Bill Moseley - who also starred in Texas Chainsaw Massacre II - landed the first lead role. And we confirmed that Lionsgate has acquired the rights to use the official title The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D (as opposed to the previously announced Leatherface 3D).

We also broke the news that the seventh incarnation is a direct sequel to Tobe Hooper's classic 1974 film that follows the lead character, Heather, who along with her friends, travel to Texas in order to collect an inheritance. It was implied that Heather would find out she's related to the infamous Leatherface.

Now, website What's Playing is reporting that they've got their blood-soaked mitts on the actual screenplay -- and I believe 'em considering they've got a reputable team behind 'em. If you're not much for spoilers, turn away this instant, otherwise read inside for a breakdown of the bizarre new legend of Leatherface....

"The new film, set today, will see the authorities and some angry townspeople ambushing the Sawyer home - where Jeb Stuart is accused of carrying out his butchering.

Hooper, the local by-the-book sheriff, had agreed to give Leatherface/Jeb Sawyer a fair trial and grant him a good lawyer…. But that’s before local mayor Burt Hartman, an imposing town tough-guy, arrives with a mob to see that the murderer/s don’t even make it past their front door. Though they both want justice, Hooper and Burt have different methods. Things escalate when Burt’s mob start tying ropes to trees, prepping for a hanging, and ultimately throw a flaming cocktail into the Sawyer home… burning the place, and it’s residents (including Jeb’s father, Drayton, played by Bill Moseley), to the ground.

Goodbye Sawyers… goodbye Leatherface?

You can guess what happens next : The Chainsaw killings start up again (there’s a fun sequence at a carnival where our villain starts chopping away at the attendees) and Hooper is forced to believe that Jeb Stuart somehow survived the fire and is back for revenge. But is it Jeb? And if not, who is it? and why have they surfaced?

To entice the young ones, there’s a young heroine in the film, Heather who - Halloween H20 should maybe get a ’special thanks’ in the credits - learns she has a disturbing connection to the murderous Sawyer. Heather’s a bit of a hornbag but possibly more disturbing is her taste for things of a darker nature (not just referring to her boyfriend either) - like her art pieces which border on revolting. Still, there’s good in this family member and enough intelligence and determination to find out what’s really going on..

All the 3D jumps and scares are weaved into the script - the ‘teeth that come flying at the audience’ when Leatherface smashes one of the youngster’s mouths with a meat hammer. They’re fun moments but what’s most impressive about the story here is that it’s a really intriguing mystery movie, it’s not as cut-and-dry as the previous Chainsaw movies, and will have you both thinking… and freaking."

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/25124
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
    I am going to see transformers tomorrow.
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,286 mod
    Going to see Monte Carlo with a friend on release.

• Its_Meh_ChewIts_Meh_Chew Posts: 7,380 just the tip
    I am going to see transformers tomorrow.
    midnight for me.
    Yeah it's at midnight for me tomorrow.
    And Scott Weinberg (critic who writes for Twitch and a few others) is shitting on 3 like no other on twitter
    If I was as wealthy as Michael Bay, I would have no interest of waking up every morning to produce something so fucking terrible. I'll be posting my review of TRANSFORMERS 3 at @twitchfilm and then forgetting its existence. Too many rah-rah fanboys on twitter. Yeah, TRANS 3 squeezes a lot of action into its last hour. All of it terrible. Stop. Let's talk about a better film. Like RESIDENT EVIL 3. A question inspired by the film I saw tonight: what's the most worthless complete trilogy you can think of? The STAR WARS prequel trilogy is the STAR WARS original trilogy compared to the TRANSFORMERS trilogy. I mean that.
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,664 master of ceremonies
    Just came back from watching Bad Teacher.

Was funny and I liked it.
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I've heard that Cars 2 really isn't as bad as everyone's making it out to be. It's not supposed to compare to Toy Story and whatever, it's just supposed to be a fun movie.

I'm hoping to see it at some point in the near future.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    also the only other one not in the 90's is Cars 1
    edited June 2011
    huh? you are smoking crack. toy story 3, up, wall-e, and ratatoulle are all non-90's movies. the movies are in order of their release.
    love this bit from a Transformers 3 review
    He has a new love interest this time around, Victoria’s Secret model Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and she made me miss Megan Fox throughout. The character feels like a poorly considered course correction from Fox, replacing a bad girl character who dominated Sam in a sexy way with a boring, empty submissive girl who is completely sexless. Don’t get me wrong, Huntington-Whiteley is superhumanly gorgeous (even if I think her lips are artificial), but there’s no sex there. There’s no heat. Megan Fox feels like the kind of girl who wants to fuck, even a scrawny dweeb like Shia LaBeouf. Huntington-Whiteley gives off all the sexual energy of Madeline Khan at the train station in Young Frankenstein, far too concerned about the state of her dress or make-up to ever get it on.

Which is what makes her safe. I suspect that people didn’t like Fox in the last two films because while she invited the male gaze she also rebuffed it, while Huntington-Whiteley, an underwear model, feels safe to ogle. Fox is actually a more present actor than Huntington-Whiteley, whose best quality in this film is that she’s inoffensive and doesn’t get in the way.
    edited June 2011
    I will for sure be seeing Cars 2 and I am sure I will like it.
    huh? you are smoking crack. toy story 3, up, wall-e, and ratatoulle are all non-90's movies. the movies are in order of their release.
    lol, i meant 90's on the rottentomato meter (what the percentage number means)
    Im not following...

but it doesnt really matter. I was just posting for lulz. Im sure Cars 2 is a okay movie.