Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Roethlisberger suspended 4-6 games next season

Comments

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Not enough evidence, Bianca. DNA results were inconclusive.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    The GBI records also include a floor plan of the Capital Club, with the dimensions of the bathroom where the encounter occurred, as well as a search warrant authorizing investigators to collect a DNA sample from Roethlisberger, along with "hair follicles, specifically head and pubic." The samples were not eventually collected from Roethlisberger, because investigators were unable to retrieve more than trace amounts of male DNA from the alleged victim for matching purposes.
    In a March 17 letter to prosecutor Fred Bright, a lawyer for the woman asked that the rape probe be dropped. "What is obvious in looking forward is that a criminal trial would be a very intrusive personal experience for a complainant in this situation, given the extraordinary media attention that would be inevitable," wrote attorney David Walbert. "The media coverage to date, and the efforts of the media to access our client, have been unnerving, to say the least." (23 pages)
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    get csi on this shit
    they find some kind of evidence
    imageimage
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Hush money that's why. And how many other players do
    you see this happening to once let alone twice. You don't get put in those situations by coincidence
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,663 master of ceremonies
    KOBE! *shoots imaginary fade away J*
  • DustinDustin Posts: 92 salt miner
    Its actually 600 pages, and yes, read it before you claim he should be convicted of rape. If you trhink the media reports everything, you're far from right
  • Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
    He was suspended because he violated the morals clause in his contract. He should be held to a much higher standard of public and private behavior than the regular person should. The NFL, NASCAR, NBA, and NHL all have very similar rules regarding moral terpitude. NASCAR banned one of it's drivers just a couple of years ago because he was in his private motor home using drugs. I know that's a poor example and I only site it because all legal charges were dropped against this driver but yet he still received a lifetime ban.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    edited April 2010
    He was the only player given a behavior suspension out of 14, under goodell, that was not at least charged a crime, and people want to claim racism or that its cuz he is a qb, give me a break...
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    You did not read the full 600 page report.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    He is not only a QB, he is a Super Bowl winning QB and one of the 10 most recognizable faces in the NFL. Therefore, he is and should be held to a higher standard.
    it is part of his contract but i just think that it shouldnt be allowed to be in a contract. personal life is personal life to me, I only think that business should be allowed to do things if crimes are convicted when the person is under employ. but thats just my two cents.
    So Tiger Woods shouldn't have lost all those sponsorships because of his personal affairs? Come on now. You know that if you're a star athlete, you are representing your league and sport wherever you are.
    But tiger wasnt suspended from golf. no i think sponsorships are different. If you are sponsored u should be held accountable. if the person sponsoring you thinks that you dont represent their company they have full rights to let u go
    Nola, if the players don't like what the NFL offers then don't they have the option to do another job? They could be regular folks and work in a factory or something. If I had the talent and the opportunity to do what the professional athletes are doing and be paid for it I don't beleive i'd be out there doing anything that could even remotely be questioned.
    alec, i know what your saying and i wouldnt be doing what ben did either, but i just dont think that personal life should interfere with work unless you have been convicted of a crime. its like were i used to work the supervisor werent supposed to hang out with the lower employees out of work. i think thats bullshit, i dont think u should be allowed to tell people that
    Another example.......Dennis Rodman.......when he played for the Bulls his off-court antics were a definite distraction for the team, fans, the NBA, etc. The NBA found a way to convince him to tone it down or face suspension. They(the NFL, NBA, NASCAR) own everything and have the right to do as they see fit to protect their company. If I were to get arrested on my own personal time I'd be fired from my job. It's just the way things are. I don't always like it or agree with it either.
    . If I were to get arrested on my own personal time I'd be fired from my job. It's just the way things are. I don't always like it or agree with it either.

but he didnt get arrested. if he did i would agree with the suspension.
    and i think teams can deal with players that are acting out, but the league shouldnt necessarily. iits a difficult concept to have set rules for but idk i just think in america ur personal lifestyle should be your choice as long as your not breaking any laws
    Ben's a repeat offender though. It doesn't seem like he gets in these situations by accident.
    I agree but that's not the way it is. We ain't gonna be able to change it so my thought process is to adapt and work around it. I agree that what i do on my own time shouldn't be a factor at work but it is because i work in the corporate offices of a large insurance company. They say it has to do with the company's reputation and we all had to sign the morals clause before being hired. It's just life.....
    eh then i would say fuck that company, that aint america. i know i live in to much of a black and white world, but what are ya gonna do

Ben's a repeat offender though. It doesn't seem like he gets in these situations by accident.

Then his team could trade him or bench him or give him the suspension. why wasnt he charged with a crime then if he is a repeat offender?