Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

STAR POWER MAYWEATHER/ORTIZ SEPT 17 (official Boxing thread)

Comments

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    not really true, if there is a stoppage of fight the fight doesnt start till the ref syas so not gloves touching..if the ref said fight then ortiz shouldve had his hands up...if the ref never said fight than this was all a bunch of crap. either way like i said that ref should never ref a real fight ever again
  • NOLANOLA Posts: 6,353 jayfacer
    Well, I'll take Lennox Lewis' word on it. He seems like he knows whats going on.
    im not saying what mayweather did was illegal, merely that i was was still a straight up bitch move from a straight up bitch fighter who would rather just win that to win with pride...its been arrogant black mentality in sports for decades now, zero class and respect and are shameless...

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    not really true, if there is a stoppage of fight the fight doesnt start till the ref syas so not gloves touching..if the ref said fight then ortiz shouldve had his hands up...if the ref never said fight than this was all a bunch of crap. either way like i said that ref should never ref a real fight ever again
    um he did...if you watch it over...we dvr'd it....you can see the reff look at both fighters.,..say lets go and point towards the middle of the ring

if someone threw multiple head buts at me....i would be pissed and sure as hell would not hug someone after it....ortiz got exactly what he deserved

well if the ref said lets go and motioned to fight then ortiz should be ready to fight...but then what the fuck is the ref doing not even watching the fight?? the highlights are very confusing, i did not actually watch the fight...
    he was looking at the guy keeping time telling him to start the fight....his facial expression in slow motion catching mayweather hit him with the last punchis priceless
    the whole thing was just one royal fuck up and im glad i didnt spend any of my money on it. i dont care if ortiz loses but i hate bullshit like this...
    his face is priceless tho lol
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    Lol at the ref

• StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    Mayweather is weak.... he just too old now.

It's a fortunate thing (for him) that his rivals always hate him so much that they feel the need to go for his face and not work the liver.... he'd be done by the 5th round against a smart fighter
  • BlindGuardian93BlindGuardian93 Posts: 4,988 jayfacer
    the whole thing was just one royal fuck up and im glad i didnt spend any of my money on it. i dont care if ortiz loses but i hate bullshit like this...
    Officials always tend to ruin big sporting events somehow.
    I've been lost in endless seas My heart died long ago I curse my failures as I fall from you

It's a fortunate thing (for him) that his rivals always hate him so much that they feel the need to go for his face and not work the liver.... he'd be done by the 5th round against a smart fighter

are you fucking retarded? hes impossible to hit...and oscar worked the body a lot only cause he couldn't hit his face...hes the best defensive fighter of all time...you are out of your mind if you think he is to old...he looked great last

• StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip

are you fucking retarded? hes impossible to hit...and oscar worked the body a lot only cause he couldn't hit his face...hes the best defensive fighter of all time...you are out of your mind if you think he is to old...he looked great last

lawl... calm your moobs killer.

Yea, he looked good against a shitty fighter. Oscar worked the body?.... what fight where you watching? He was busting canelos all over the ring.
    oscar tired to wear out his body...it didn't work
    Majority sides with Mayweather....

"Floyd did what he should have done. Floyd went street on him." - Bernard Hopkins

""I'm telling you when Ortiz realized that the frustration was in, he did what everybody witnessed. He leaped into Floyd" - Bernard Hopkins

"Floyd took advantage of Ortiz's youth. Protect yourself at all time is one of this 1st things your told in boxing." - Lennox Lewis

"Ortiz was KO'd because he made huge mistake that Floyd Mayweather capitalized on. End of story." - Lennox Lewis

"Ortiz looked for a way out, so Mayweather knocked him out" - Teddy Atlas

"Mayweather was too fast, too smart, too slick with his punches, too consistent, too steady and too confident" - Teddy Atlas

"The only thing he did wrong was, I would’ve led with the right hand shit. I wouldn’t have even given him that hook." - James Toney

"Floyd ain't do nothing wrong...he gave him a 2-piece combo with a side of Nyquil." - James Toney

"Protect yourself at all times. This is boxing. When someone hits you, don't look at the ref. Put your hands up and protect yourself. Especially after a cowardly headbutt. Your opponent doesn't have to accept your apology. What the hell was all the kissing about?" - Nonito Donaire

"it was a bad ending from the fans standpoint, but its fight time he should have been ready to fight and not apologize" - Steve Cunningham

"I did not like the way the fight ended, but everything about the situation was legal and in end Mayweather's job is to win." - Juan Diaz

"Floyd exposed him. Victor was looking for an easy way out." Eddie Mustafa Muhammed

"Ortiz got exactly what he deserved. How ironic all we heard the past month from the Ortiz camp is how dirty of a fighter Floyd is." - Dan Rafael
    mayweather did nothing illegal as it would seem....the whole debacle is the refs fault if you ask me....a ref never looks away from the fight once it has started, period....i still stand by that it was a punk shot, but you could argue that ortiz started it with the headbutts, i have to say im a little dissapointed in ortiz for that, i thought he was above all that bullshit...

i watched this morning the arturro gatti vs mayweather fight and mayweather did literally the exact same thing, it was crazy..gotti was talking to the ref about something and mayweather knocked him out, i dont really have a point there i just thought it was interesting cuz it wa almost the same exact scenario.im surprised no one has compared it yet
    edited September 2011
    mayweather did nothing illegal as it would seem....the whole debacle is the refs fault if you ask me....a ref never looks away from the fight once it has started, period....i still stand by that it was a punk shot, but you could argue that ortiz started it with the headbutts, i have to say im a little dissapointed in ortiz for that, i thought he was above all that bullshit...

i watched this morning the arturro gatti vs mayweather fight and mayweather did literally the exact same thing, it was crazy..gotti was talking to the ref about something and mayweather knocked him out, i dont really have a point there i just thought it was interesting cuz it wa almost the same exact scenario.im surprised no one has compared it yet
    he did it in the Mosley fight as well. Point is, he doesn't care. Nor should he. He's not going to garner new fans anyways. You hate him or you love him. If it's legal..he's taking the shot. Some call it cheap, most call it smart. He said if given the opportunity, he'll do it again. He loves playing the villain.
    like him or hate him he is the best defensive fighter of all time...i have never seen a man that can make someone miss time after time like him.....like him or not you can't deny his greatness