Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

What are you reading right now?

Comments

• WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited May 2011
    Read Speaker For The Dead. It's a great book.
    That is what I am reading next. I'll probably start tonight... I was too tired last night to start. read the first two pages but then realized I didnt know what I just read.

deleted for spoilers.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    I don't think the buggers used ansible technology for the link... it just sort of came naturally. I'm not sure.

But still, the ending is probably my favorite twist in a book or movie ever.
    edited May 2011
    deleted for spoilers.
    The thing before he came in contact with the cocoon.

It's been awhile since I read it. I read it twice in 7th grade and I reread it back in like october of 2009 when I finally bought my own copy.

But honestly, Orson Scott Card's writing got better after Ender's Game. It's a great book, but I find his writing skills to be much more adept in the sequals and parallel novels. Ender's Shadow is a great parallel novel telling the story of Bean.
    Yeah... it was a good twist. I had actually suspected it the entire time though.

I've heard the movie rights were sold to summit last month. fingers crossed for a movie \m/
    The movie has been in predevelopment since the beginning of the decade. It will eventually be made, but idk how soon.

Also, there was an Xbox Live Arcade Game being developed, based on the battleschool game from the book... but it was axed halfway through development.
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    I can't wait to get my laptop back so I can fill my nook with awesome books
    imageimage
    I kinda want the new nook black and white over my nook color.
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    Nook's are pretty cool but i would get distracted reading a book on one of them.
    Nook's are pretty cool but i would get distracted reading a book on one of them.
    it is true.
    How so?
    I love mine
    I ran out of space on my bookshelf so its really convenient and the books are spr cheap

Ah I love reading
    imageimage

How so?
    I love mine
    I ran out of space on my bookshelf so its really convenient and the books are spr cheap

Ah I love reading
    For starters... the Web Browser, followed closely by Sudoku and chess. I havent even thought about the stupid app store because that is nothing but procrastination waiting to happen.
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    I want to get a new eReader. My Pandigital Novel is more trouble than it's worth. Its like a mini iPad, but it pisses me off. I might just give it to my sister and get a Nook or Kindle.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
    I downloaded The Lost Symbol as an ebook because I only had like $4 left on a Border's gift card and it was on sale. I finally got around to reading it on my laptop this past weekend and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be... I would still prefer a physical book, though.
  • kheid_FILMkheid_FILM Posts: 58
    "The Informers" by Bret Easton Ellis
    edited May 2011
    I like getting the physical books as well but idk, I like how everything can be compacted into one slim ereader
    plus its less weight I have to carry around to class

Britt, deff get a nook
    imageimage
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep

How so?
    I love mine

Ah I love reading
    For starters... the Web Browser, followed closely by Sudoku and chess. I havent even thought about the stupid app store because that is nothing but procrastination waiting to happen.
    haha this is what i was going to say. I am getting a nook for the summer from my mom. I am exicted to try it out
    and see if i can read a book on it without distractions.
    I want to get a new eReader. My Pandigital Novel is more trouble than it's worth. Its like a mini iPad, but it pisses me off. I might just give it to my sister and get a Nook or Kindle.
    have you read about the new Nook black and white's that are coming out this June? Unlike the last version they are touch screen. They are thinner then the Nook Color, have all the same functionality as the nook color, except instead of a color LCD screen it has a Black and White E-ink screen. Oh and it is only like 140. totally rad. I really want to see one.

Speaking of what I'm reading... idk what to read. I have $22 of RI library fines and the school library is now closed... I have to search my house for a book I haven't read.
    haha this is what i was going to say. I am getting a nook for the summer from my mom. I am exicted to try it out and see if i can read a book on it without distractions.
    If I could, I would remove all that shit. I like choices, but it is so hard not to play games and shit when it is right there.