Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Wrestling thread WWE & AEW

Comments

• EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    Yea if you’re 4.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Yea if you’re 4.
    Confirmed cop
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    Fight pit could have been better but Extreme Rules was awesome. Glad Bray is back as Bray. Triple H revived the fuck outta Judgement Day too. 

THE FUCKING GOAT IS BACK LET’S FUCKING GO.

Goddamn that ending gave me chills and had me cheesing all at the same time in a way that wrestling hasn’t done for me in a WHILE. Best character and presentation in all of wrestling and it ain’t even close. Dude is jus in a different fucking league and makes the rest of these corny ass mfs look like complete jokes. GOD STATUS.
    WWE jus put on the hardest PPV of the year and the “Top guy” was nowhere near it. Go figure. 
  • NOLANOLA Posts: 6,353 jayfacer
    I’ll be at Smackdown this Friday. Also have tickets for the Rumble. Highly considering heading up for Survivor Series. 
    edited October 2022
    Hunter being in charge now might for real end up being the nail in AEW’s coffin. I’m not saying that as a hater or wishing for it, jus being realistic. There’s already blood in the water over there, but the thing is that most mfs weren’t anti-WWE at all, they were anti-Vince. Working under Hunter instead is going to draw a LOT of guys back, or even convert guys who never been there. It’s already been seen in full effect and Hunter only been in charge for not even 2 months. Brought back a shit ton of Vince’s bullshit NXT firings, immediately brought back Bray, Aleister/Malakai will most likely be brought back, Good Brothers jus returned even after Impact and AEW were pushing them hard as fuck, etc. It’s easy math and common sense that if you’re a wrestler, you’re going to want to go to the biggest company, where the most money is at. That applies to everybody except the most mark ass hipster wrestlers that want to wrestle for more underground companies strictly to “stick it to the man”. But now that that highest financial ceiling is achievable without also working for an insufferable senile boss that everybody hates, that offer will be irresistible for most. I’d even be willing to bet that they’re in a position where they could get PUNK to come back.

The thing too is that, Hunter actually allows mfs to WRESTLE and put on 5 star matches. It’s why marks loved the Hunter led NXT era. Less gimmicks, more amazing matches. So wrestling ass wrestlers like Daniel Bryan would fully be allowed to do their thing exactly how they want to if they were to come back to WWE. That in itself will make a lotta mfs come back.
    Money isn't everything. WWE makes you work house shows. The WWE wrestlers are usually on the road for 300 days a year and wrestle 3-4 days a week.

AEW you wrestle once a week. You own your IP. You own your gimmick. You can do movies and make music and do all of these side projects that WWE typically doesn't let you do. I'm sure a bunch of AEW people will go back but there are some that legit prefer AEW
    AEW has definitely lost an edge this year because of all the drama and inconsistent booking. I liked AEW better when there was less former fed guys and more indie guys because they’re fresh and hadn’t been exposed to national television. Granted a lot of them couldn’t work their way out of a parking spot but it was fun to watch. 

I really wish TK would hire a veteran that can help him book and write stories. Could have Regal and JR being head bookers but nope TK has to do everything himself. Khan is going to be what destroys his own company because he can’t stay out of his own way. 

Last few weeks we had Daniel Garcia tease a face turn and I’m sure it’s going to happen eventually, but now having him turn on Bryan is just setting it back like he does everyone’s pushes. People liked to say Vince was out of touch but ignore the fact TK can’t read a room. People want Jamie Hayter, they want Wardlow, they want FTR, they want Daniel Garcia but sure let’s ice their push for no reason at all. 

• MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    NOLA said:
    I’ll be at Smackdown this Friday. Also have tickets for the Rumble. Highly considering heading up for Survivor Series. 
    Let me know when you’re in town again. Last time I saw you was Maiden in like 2012 or some shit lol
    Hangman got KTFO last night

IT’S STILL REAL TO ME DAMMIT.
    Also, that MJF + Regal promo last night was MONEY. One thing that mf does that 99% of these mfs can’t is he makes that shit feel GENUINE. His promos are jus as scripted as everybody else’s, but he says it all wit such absolute conviction that it might as well be a legitimate shoot. He’s definitely one of the guys that could have a legitimate future in actual acting afterwards. Dude is a certified star, put the fucking belt on him asap. He’s the sole reason I give any kind of fuck about current AEW.
    MJF needs the belt and a blank check. Everything he does is money
    At least they’re doing it right and not letting them face each other two times before the ppv. 

AEW coming to Denver on December 28th for New Year's Smash. I'm there doe
    Tony Khan trying to buy out Punk’s contract but scared he might go back to WWE. 

Man I hate to say it, and I’m definitely still NOT a fan, but Logan Paul might have found his lane wit wrestling. It’s like the perfect culmination and middle road of everything he was doing previously. Started and blew up as a YouTube character/personality, so that obviously lends naturally to the mic side of things, and he’s decent in his promos, and then athletically, no one will ever fully take him seriously as a boxer, but yet he’s trained and experienced enough that he didn’t really look green at all in his first ever WWE match. Looked basically like a natural at it. And unlike boxing, no one would ever question his credibility in wrestling. Idk what his actual contract wit WWE is, but pursuing it more full time prolly wouldn’t be a bad idea.
    Basically every match on a regular ass Dynamite was a title match, jus weeks before a major PPV. It’s like TK WANTS you to lose all interest. What the fuck is actually wrong wit this dude lmao.