Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Wrestling thread WWE & AEW

Comments

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    Gonna watch Punks UFC fights as a nice palate cleanser. 
    god, i still can't believe they let that happen twice. 
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    I think Dana thought he could be a star like Brock Lesnar and gave him a guaranteed two fight deal with a third fight option. This was a time when people thought Punk could actually shoot fight or was at least a strong BJJ practitioner. Then he got signed and exposed himself as to not knowing anything. 

Oh yeah thats right. I forgot he was guaranteed two fights from the first deal. 

It was embarrassing to watch.  I've legit seen better fighters on viral videos lol. 
  • ThatGuyArloThatGuyArlo Posts: 1,430 jayfacer
    Kimbo Slice would've beaten his ass 😅
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Punk stripped of the AEW Title and Elite stripped of the trios titles. No word on releases or suspensions 
    Yeah, cause it would be a brilliant business decision to cut your biggest draw. 

I don't follow this stuff, but you guys cant seriously think punk was going to be cut did you? or any of these other guys that bring in numbers. 
    Yeah, cause it would be a brilliant business decision to cut your biggest draw. 

I don't follow this stuff, but you guys cant seriously think punk was going to be cut did you? or any of these other guys that bring in numbers. 
    I was more talking about Ace Steele who is a producer for the company that was involved in the fight. He threw a chair at a guy's head and bit another guy =)) he's definitely fired.

As far as CM Punk goes he's gonna be out with injury for 8-12 months so I doubt he'll even be officially suspended. But I can see him just retiring again just to say fuck it.

But bringing in big numbers isn't the be all end all. Hulk Hogan is the biggest draw in wrestling history and he killed two separate companies with bullshit like this. One guy shouldn't be bigger than the company 
    I don’t think Tony has the balls to fire any of the big names. Punk is out for a long time apparently so this will probably get swept under the rug. I can see this as an out for him to retire again. He’s close to 50 and his body breaks down any time he steps in the ring. 

Rex now is a good time to start watching with your kids. They’ll love it and be marks forever

• ThatGuyArloThatGuyArlo Posts: 1,430 jayfacer
    They can turn out like one of us!
    It is fun as fuck to watch wrestling with kids. I told my niece and nephew it was fake right away and after a couple bodyslams and shit they didn't believe me =)) and they think I'm a fucking wizard for "predicting" who wins every time 
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    NOCAP said:
    I don’t think Tony has the balls to fire any of the big names. Punk is out for a long time apparently so this will probably get swept under the rug. I can see this as an out for him to retire again. He’s close to 50 and his body breaks down any time he steps in the ring. 
    This is a huge part of the reason I said he waited way too long to come out of his early retirement. It was dope as fuck when he came back but also bittersweet because I had a bad feeling it would end up going like this. And even without injury, everybody knew his peak physical years were way behind him regardless and you wouldn’t see his best matches anymore.
    ill consider the idea of watching it with the kids. I would ruin it though. over the top fake stuff is cringy to me and makes me uncomfortable, and thats a lot of the in between other than the actual wreastling stuff. 
    Also LOL at CM's peak physical days being behind him. 

Now i know there are a lot of good athletes in wrestling. But punk especially was never an athlete lol. I dont care if he jumps off high stuff and looks cool, that doesn't make you an athlete. 

Punk wouldn't even be the best athlete at his local high school in his prime lol
    ill consider the idea of watching it with the kids. I would ruin it though. over the top fake stuff is cringy to me and makes me uncomfortable, and thats a lot of the in between other than the actual wreastling stuff. 
    Don’t be a grinch. Just tell them it’s pre determined and don’t try the stuff at home. They probably won’t believe you anyway. Tonight is SD at 8:00 on Fox and then Rampage at 10:00 on TNT if you want to check it out. 

Also LOL at CM's peak physical days being behind him. 

Now i know there are a lot of good athletes in wrestling. But punk especially was never an athlete lol. I dont care if he jumps off high stuff and looks cool, that doesn't make you an athlete. 

Punk wouldn't even be the best athlete at his local high school in his prime lol
    Punk is nowhere near an elite athlete like an NBA or NFL player but wrestlers are definitely a mix of stuntmen and athletes. Lifting guys above your head and dropping them on their necks without killing them is definitely an athletic endeavor. Back flipping off a 15 foot high structure and not killing yourself is athletic. 

CM Punk objectively can't do some of the things he used to do in the ring 10 years ago and it's because of his age and the regression of his athletic ability. 
    Meh. You wanna gatekeep martial arts, go do MMA and stop play fighting. 🤷🏻‍♂️
    I’m not sayin that to dickride Punk btw, would say it regardless of who Fish said that about. It’s such a corny lame ass thing to say. Yea lemme defend the integrity of martial arts, even tho I was too pussy/not good enough to go do the real thing myself. 😐
    Yeah Fish is just salty he didn't get re-signed