Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Wrestling thread WWE & AEW

Comments

• FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Full Gear fucking banged 
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    PPV was aight. Like I said TK kills the hype for the PPVs by doing too much on the weekly shows. And a best of 7 series now between Elite and Death Triangle is a complete fucking eyeroll. Main event match itself was meh and predictable, Jake called that Regal turn like 2 months ago lmfao. But the right decision was made, belt belongs on MJF rn. Hopefully he has an entertaining run. The promos alone will be worth it.
    edited November 2022
    Also, away from AEW, Bray’s first feud after returning being wit LA Knight is a head scratcher to say the least lmao. It’s so random and off the wall. But it’s such a complete clash of styles and character that it jus might work. Alpha male douchebag type versus misunderstood mentally unstable weirdo type. Like a new age Rock Vs. Mankind in a way so I can see it working for sure.
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    Yeah ppv was alright nothing memorable happened. We all knew MJF was going to win the title so it wasn’t as big of a moment as it should have been. Maybe blame CM Punk for that but Moxley was not a good opponent this time around. Mox seems half into it and I hope he gets his time off that he wanted. Not to mention they did this weird MJF is a babyface thing that no one believed. There just wasn’t any heat for me with that storyline. 

The best thing to happen was Jamie Hayter winning the interim title. They need to get rid of interim titles. If the champ goes down for more than a month they gotta vacate the title. 

Man this Dominik storyline is so retarded at this point lmao. Like I get it, cheap easy heat. WOWWWW he disrespected his FATHERRRR. But bro, repeatedly calling him a deadbeat Dad? Dude is literally like the textbook definition of a model Father lmao. The 110% antithesis of a deadbeat Dad. He did everything for him including a gift wrapped guaranteed position in WWE. So it makes zero sense from a storyline OR real life perspective. It’s jus cheap and lazy low hanging fruit smh.

The Elite throwing shots at CM Punk in Chicago =)) Kenny Omega also did a GTS. Crowd was booing them the whole show
    So I got Peacock to watch the world cup and remembered old WCW ECW and WWF stuff was on there so I skimmed some old WCW and WWF pay per views from back in the day.

Holy shit is the actual wrestling bad. Sure your Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, Dean Malenko, Eddie Guerrero, etc matches were fire but most of the matches were fucking abysmal. I feel like modern WWE and AEW jobbers and midcarders shit over the 90s era when it comes to actual wrestling. 
  • ThatGuyArloThatGuyArlo Posts: 1,430 jayfacer
    Old school wrasslin is a go to of mine when I'm up late and need some background viewing. 

It's really, really bad lol Even the attitude era is mostly garbage with a few standouts. So many fucking squash matches on old episodes of RAW and Nitro too. 

And don't even get me started on the shit from the 80's. I literally saw a match end with a very sloppy dropkick after like 20 min of nothing and the crowd went apeshit like they just witnessed the best match of all time 😑
    The Monday Night Wars was more about the drama and storylines. The wrestling was just a bonus. 

Yea basically back then they built better characters that had legitimate star power but the actual wrestling wasn’t great, now the wrestling is better than it’s ever been from a technical aspect but not as many stars are built.
    Speaking of, I don’t think there will ever be another straight up global Rockstar level figure in wrestling again. Cena was prolly the last. Guys like Stone Cold, The Rock, Cena, etc. transcended the business. Even people who don’t watch wrestling and never did, they know who the fuck those guys are, jus like Michael Jordan. Meanwhile the closest thing you have to that now would be Roman, and there are still millions of people who never heard of him. Even being force fed as the top guy and the greatest to ever do it, he’s really only known by actual wrestling fans, he never broke into that global status like the others I named.
    I think WWE wants to bring in stars from other places to get the attention on the product than build up a fresh face. 

FTR vs The Briscoes in a double dog collar match at Final Battle. COT DAMN LIL HOMIE
    edited December 2022
    FTR vs The Briscoes in a double dog collar match at Final Battle. COT DAMN LIL HOMIE
    Just bought a ticket to this show the other day. Looks like a good card.
    I'm jealous that should be a banger. I got New Year's Smash in Denver in like 3 weeks. My first wrestling show in almost 20 years I'm stoked
    Nice! Honestly, the AEW show I went to last year was an absolute blast. Hope it's a good time. 

I'm really looking forward to seeing Keith Lee and Shane Taylor at this show since they're both local guys. Plus I've been to a couple ROH shows in the past so I'm excited to see a lot of these dudes again like the Briscoes and Dalton Castle. 
    I remember you talking about Keith Lee back in the day before he was even in NXT. It's cool the Texas indie scene is so great. Denver's seems kinda meh 
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Texas indie scene has always been so good but that’s just because of the history and Von Erich Family that helped big with that 
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    That was a pretty good event