Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

My Heavy Metal project

Comments

• SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    I’m familiar with Poppy and Ghostmane. I’ll check the rest out on my way home from work.

Thank you!
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    If you like any let me know and I can do more 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    If you like Mr Bungle, Dog Fashion Disco and Polkadot Cadaver are musts
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    SATAN said:
    Anyone got a Top 5 list for post-2000 Megadeth?

I bailed after Countdown, but I hear the later stuff is ok. I try to imagine that the late 90s didn’t happen to most thrash bands🫣
    Washington Is Next, Kick The Chair, Back In The Day, Dystopia
    Dime2 said:
    SATAN said:
    Dime2 said:
    I mean it depends on what you personally want in it. Like I know you hate nu metal but my first thought at least as far as stuff that was influential to the genre as a whole would be some Korn and Deftones. As far as keeping in with the established list so far, I loved your Motörhead picks but imo they dropped an all time gem in 2004. The Inferno album kicks fucking ass and is a top 3 favorite for me, specifically the first 3 songs off the record Terminal Show, Killers & In The Name Of Tragedy would fit well with what you have. I actually love the playlist overall and like/know 95% of it. Idk how much feed back you want from ME specifically because you already have the thrash stuff I’m a slut for and you know I’m a nu metal slut personally but here’s some stuff you can sort through and decide on your own I guess. 2011’s Worship Music from Anthrax is phenomenal and my favorite record from them and the 2016 track Blood Eagle Wings from them is also magnificent (I do also really enjoy the For All Kings record from which that song is taken from but Worship Music is better). 
                           As far as “newer” stuff, I will eternally schill for GFM. They had an E.P. In 2020 called Opeartion: Takeover and it’s amazing, the song Bones being the chalk pick for me there. Im also really digging Fire From The Gods. Their 2016 record Narrative isn’t the best from them but the song In Spite Of Doubt rips. I personally like their 2022 record Soul Revolution the best from them, but they lean more nu-Metalish so if you don’t like In Spite Of Doubt you can just skip them. I’d throw some Dethklok in the list and The Hu is a newer band that’s pretty rad, specifically 2019’s The Gereg. Since we’re on foreign bands (The Hu is Mongolian) I’ll just give you another one in the Japanese group Maximum The Hormone who are essentially a Japanese SOAD but better. I don’t speak a word of Japanese but I know 2007’s Bu-Ikikaesu word for word, that record slaps. I’d throw some KSE on it, too. Mudvayne gets lumped into the nu-Metal crowd but they have some crazy shit, I think you’d like the debut record LD.50 if anything. Unless I missed it, some Suicidal Tendencies representation is needed too. That’s all I could recommend without the obvious stuff that you’d hate like P.O.D or Sevendust or something lol 
    Best 3 songs on Worship Music?

Best 5 KSE songs?
     Shit really tough but top 3 best on Worship Music I’d go Fight Em’ Til You Can’t, I’m Alive and The Constant for me personally.

Top 5 KSE is insanely tough for me so I’m just gonna give you 5 that I’m vibing the fuck out of right now. Signal Fire, My Last Serenade, Still Beats Your Name, Declaration and The Crownless King 
    Top 5 KSE: 

Beyond The Flame, No End In Sight, Rose Of Sharyn, Reject Yourself, My Last Serenade
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    KSE songs Satan might actually like:

Temple From The Within, Soilborn, Self Revolution, Life to Lifeless, The Call
    SATAN said:

Suicidal Tendencies
    Annihilator
    Death Angel
    Flotsam and Jetsam 
    Dirty Rotten Imbeciles 
    Best 5 Annihilator?

Best 5 Death Angel?

Best 5 Flotsam & Jetsam?
    Annihilator: Alison Hell, Burns Like A Buzzsaw Blade, Ligeia, Sixes and Sevens, Reduced to Ash

Death Angel: The Ultraviolence, Evil Priest, Mistresses of Pain, Humancide

Flotsam and Jetsam: Hammerhead, Suffer the Masses, No Place For Disgrace, Escape From Within, Doomsday For The Deceiver 

I actually am very familiar with both bands. I saw Dog Fashion Disco open for System of a Down at a club show many years ago
    This is awesome. I really appreciate the feedback
    SATAN said:
    I actually am very familiar with both bands. I saw Dog Fashion Disco open for System of a Down at a club show many years ago
    My brother turned me on to them. He's traditionally a folk and power metal guy, but got into the entire Razor To Wrist label catalog a few years ago, and DFD and Polkadot Cadaver have become his favorite bands. I've seen them a few times with him now, and they're so good. 

It's insane to me they've been around for decades, had Serj Tankian feature on a track, and used to tour with SOAD, and they're still just playing dive bars to 20 people
    I saw a lot of nu metal bands that were kinda on the back burner opening for much larger acts. DFD were among them. American Head Charge, Sinisstar, Glassjaw, Puya, The Urge, etc. Going back further to the Korn club tours there was Grotus, Die Cheerleader, Orange 9mm, Downset…
    Holy shit i havent heard the name Puya in almost 20 years
    I saw the Snow Core tour in January 2000 with Incubus headlining and System of a Down, Mr Bungle and Puya 
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Add to the weird category from earlier but I love this album beginning to end there are so many different sounds going on throughout. 

Igorrr - Spirituality and Distortion 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,787 jayfacer
    SATAN said:

I bailed after Countdown, but I hear the later stuff is ok. I try to imagine that the late 90s didn’t happen to most thrash bands🫣
    Back In The Day (2004’s The System Has Failed)
    44 Minutes (2009’s Endgame)
    United Abominations (2007, title track)
    Washington Is Next! (2007’s United Abominations)
    Dystopia (2016, title track)
    SATAN said:

Washington Is Next, Kick The Chair, Back In The Day, Dystopia
     Holy shit didn’t even read yours before I wrote mine 😂 almost song for song 
    I added Annihilator, some of the Megadeth and some of the KSE to the playlist today. Put the rest into my spreadsheet to add in tomorrow. The list has 1274 songs on it now and it takes time to put in older stuff in its correct spot cuz I have to drag it. I wish I could just cut and paste songs
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    The newest Megadeth had some fuckin rippers on it. We’ll Be Back was in rotation for awhile. Rough vocals but the guitars shred. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
    Yeah the main difference in all the remasters of the classic albums is that they turn his vocals up in the mix. I fucking hate it. His voice is Megadeth’s Achilles heel 
    The Megadeth remasters are my personal worst record remasters. Absolute shit