Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Motors, Wheels and Whips

Comments

• Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    https://youtu.be/EQijO-J3lyE

In case anyone wants to hear it make douchebro noises. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
    2024 Mustang 

GT with Performance Package 

Douchebro features include being able to rev your car with the key fob. 
    Went to Walmart today for something and saw some chick pulling through in a 90’s Supra. I was so shocked to see one out in the wild I didn’t even notice it was a JDM car (right hand drive) until my wife said something. Just caught the headlights out of the corner of my eye, then the side skirt, and my brain went “Is that a fucking Supra?” Hell yeah motherfucker. 

Not the actual car,  but damn similar. It’s a ‘93 Toyota, they shouldn’t cost so much. 
    ‘23 Toyota Prius revealed today. Definitely a step up in looks from previous models. 

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    yeah thats nice. 

Im looking at getting a new car. I really want a newer tundra, but i think that is going to be the next car lol. Pricey and the gas is ridiculous. Figure ill put my kids in college first lol
    Smoked a deer on the way to work last night. Damage is estimated at 6k, high mileage value isn’t much more than that so I’m waiting to see if they are just gonna total it. It just needs a fender, headlight and some other bits of plastic, but it adds up quick. Might be new car shopping sooner than I was expecting. 
    yeah. id be willing to bet they just total it. 
    10 minutes into my drive home yesterday morning and I hear a very loud boom. Sounded like a tire explosion. Took a minute to realize that I could hear glass twinkling together and my rear window had completely shattered. It held together but every bump would cause a few more pieces to fall in. It had a baseball sized hole in it by the time I got home. 

Wtf happened 
    The back window, it broke   -_-

No idea what caused it though. Didn’t hit anything, didn’t see any road debris, didn't hear any other noise, didn’t see anything fall from an overpass, wasn’t road raging with anyone so I don’t think it was shot, it just exploded. It was loud as fuck when it happened. 

🤷‍♂️
    Still haven’t replaced my car yet lol. The replacement back window randomly blew out again while the forum was down. Gonna hit 350k on the morning drive home. Car shopping is hard when my needs don’t line up with my wants. 
    Yeah absolutely. 

We have been a 1 car family for a year now. It works because I work in walking distance from my house, but I just can't bring myself to want to make a second car payment and insurance lol. 

So I'm just saving cash and going to just buy one that way eventually but I Hate it lol
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    Paid yesterday to have a full JL Audio premium sound system installed in the whip, 12 inch subwoofer in the back. I take it in next Friday.

Shoppin around cause also wanna get sideskirts, a front bumper kit, and a rear diffuser installed pretty soon, preferably all on the same day. Possibly swapping rims too.
    Be aware that ringing ears IS  hearing damage. It doesn’t really heal and it compounds on itself. 

I wish I never did the giant stereos in the ride back in the day. The tinnitus I have now wasn’t worth it. 
    /end old man rant 
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    It really isn’t to blare it, although I know I will at times. I was looking for quality and clarity over pure volume, which is why I went JL Audio. They’re more of an audiophile brand and all I’m used to is the highest quality sound between the studio, my headphones, etc., so I wanted that in the car too. Besides that, that all bass, car rattling shit sounds like absolute garbage. There’s no point when it drowns out all the other frequencies. And being in a Civic, I’ll most likely have to keep it at like 30% on the amp for it to not severely rattle the frame lmao. I have the same size subwoofer in my studio and even in a house setting I only ever run it at 50%. I could literally shake shit off furniture throughout the entire house if I wanted to.
    Speaker culture was different in the 90’s. A pair of 12” subs and a 600 watt amp to push em was just a beginner set up lol. Everyone in town had that. I had a friend who got into competitions, and at one point he had 2 15” eclipse speakers (all aluminum dish) reverse mounted into the hatch of a Plymouth Sundance (it’s about the size of your Civic) He sold me the speakers after he melted the amps and upgraded everything else. It was too much lol. You couldn’t drive with it on, the vibrations would shake your eyes too much and you couldn’t see. We installed it into my other buddies OJ style Bronco and it blew the back window clean out. 

I think these came between 90 and 150hp lolol. 
    That setup was kind of a pain in the ass though. Everybody had their playlist of shit that pounded the bass as you were cruising around. Except it was all on CD. With everyone rocking 12’s, that’s where most music was being produced to hit (10” subs for metal, 12” subs for rap) I’d put in shit that just pounded on 12’s (most West Coast rap) it just didn’t hit on the 15’s. I had to find shit that hit lower, which was great for me because it pushed me to a lot more Southern Rap so I was bumping shit no one else was (at least where I lived, fuggov @satan) just cuz it shook the Earth. People got mad when their disc collection didn’t sound as good though. Sorry, guess we gotta play my shit. 

#90’sProblems
    #BlackBookOf CD’s

Anyways, my ears ring now. 
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Gonna be getting a used shitbox soon. Almost done with my financing on the GMC Terrain and it's falling the fuck apart. Multiple oil leaks, busted flex pipe, burns oil, control arms about to snap, random electrical glitches, randomly retains fluid when HVAC is being used even though the drain pipe is clear. Been looking at used camrys and grand marquis
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    edited July 12
    I have tinnitus but it's because I didnt use earplugs at shows until a couple years ago, and there have been a few shows since then where I've forgotten them or gotten too blasted at the bar and not bothered putting them back in