Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Good 'Ol Days Thread

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    Shes a human impostor
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    You're a human imposter
    True
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    She's a rabbit by marriage 

This is correct. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
    Fuckin Pepe LePew just got cancelled, officially

F
    Some asshat at New York Times said to cancel Speedy Gonzalez too and every mexican and latino on twitter is flipping shit saying they love Speedy =)
    Some asshat at New York Times said to cancel Speedy Gonzalez too and every mexican and latino on twitter is flipping shit saying they love Speedy =)
    Yea everyone I know loves Speedy 

Same NYT guy is who got Pepe cancelled 
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    edited March 2021
    Dude absolutely shit on him.

Sadly it won’t matter. 

This shit is disgusting already. I didn’t give a shit about Lola getting a tits and ass reduction, no harm in making a children’s cartoon character less sexualized, but the Pepe shit, among others, is jus ridiculous.

He’s not even rapey, even at a young age he came off to me as a cringy white knight simp lmao, but not a predator.

The fact that they actually SUCCEEDED in cancelling him (Because most “cancels” are jus lame nobodies on Twitter saying someone is cancelled but nothing ever actually happens.) and getting him removed from the Looney Tunes is a VERY slippery slope, because you jus gave these fucking zeroes a whole lot of power. What happens next? The “video games cause school shootings” argument comes back up and actually succeeds and only E rated games are allowed? Shit makes me sick and cancel culture gets me so fucking heated.
    edited March 2021
    Dude absolutely shit on him.

Sadly it won’t matter. 

This shit is disgusting already. I didn’t give a shit about Lola getting a tits and ass reduction, no harm in making a children’s cartoon character less sexualized, but the Pepe shit, among others, is jus ridiculous.

He’s not even rapey, even at a young age he came off to me as a cringy white knight simp lmao, but not a predator.

The fact that they actually SUCCEEDED in cancelling him (Because most “cancels” are jus lame nobodies on Twitter saying someone is cancelled but nothing ever actually happens.) and getting him removed from the Looney Tunes is a VERY slippery slope, because you jus gave these fucking zeroes a whole lot of power. What happens next? The “video games cause school shootings” argument comes back up and actually succeeds and only E rated games are allowed? Shit makes me sick and cancel culture gets me so fucking heated.
    Yea. It's just going to keep getting worse. 
    Unfortunately we'll get another Trump as a result of this too. It's so infuriating.

There is a documentary about Night Trap you all should watch (its like 10 mins). It was about how Christian conservatives and family groups wanted violent video games banned in the 90s, using Night Trap (a very innocent and unviolent game) as a base of their argument. Their rhetoric and hysteria PERFECTLY mirrors the liberal rhetoric of today. 
    Like I coulda sworn the old conservative hag was Anita Sarkeesian with what she was saying. Two sides of the same coin, both fighting for their own perverted puritan society. 
    Post edited by MetalCoresades on
    who tf is disagreeing lol
    Getting sick of the "it cant just be fantasy" thing going on rn. Especially with DnD and Tolkien discourse lately. Why does everything need to shoehorn in modern politics? I dont understand. 

I dont engage with fantasy media to see myself reflected in it. I dont try to find myself in Star Wars, or LOTR. I dont just role play as myself when I play DnD. I seek out fantasy to get away from myself, and experience a world that isnt our own. Trying to find yourself in every bit of media, or find a way to relate it to modern world politics just defeats the purpose of fantasy to me. 
    When there were 100 new posts every time I logged into MU
  • ThatGuyArloThatGuyArlo Posts: 1,430 jayfacer
    When there were 100 new posts every time I logged into MU
    If I didn't check for a few hours I'd straight up have to skip some comments cause there were so many. 

I'm a slow responder in general so this works better for me now. 
    Dungeons and Dragons is removing lore about their creatures, like Beholders, Mind Flayers, and orcs because people are saying "having moral alignments tied to racial species is racist and shouldn't be in the game (like orcs being evil)" and "mental illness shouldnt be a part of lore (like Beholders being in a constant state of madess)". Effectively ruining the world of Dunegons and Dragons

Pathfinder is removing all references to slavery with no story explanation. So things like orcs having elf slaves is gone. And things like certain cities having slaves is just going to disappear. 

I really do not get this infantilization and sterilization of fantasy worlds. Like they do know orcs aren't black people right? And that thinking that makes THEM the racists?
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,787 jayfacer
    Lmfao thats fucking retarded 
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,787 jayfacer
    Nah he's just tried of them putting chemicals in the water that turn the frickin' frogs gay