Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Books Thread

Comments

• FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    MC and Dime's tastes >>>>>> Rex
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    Yea, while I wish the movies were a bit more book accurate at times, the casting was PERFECTION. Perfect storm movies. Like the LOTR films too, wish they were also a little more book accurate, but PERFECTLY casted and well made. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,787 jayfacer
    edited December 2023
    Yeah i don’t even like the movies post Goblet Of Fire but I can admit to that being a bias because of my love for the book series. I still would never argue against them being well made and the casting was the best you could possibly hope for. Matter of fact, I remember even as a dumb ass kid the movie actors replaced what I had envisioned in my head for what the characters look like as the definitive versions. 
    Shit honestly I think the only things I took Umbridge with (pun fully intended) was the battle getting cut from the end of half blood prince movie and Grawp looking pretty terrible for a series that usually has great CGI
    Nearing the end of The Cursed Child

This shit is ass. 
    Bellatrix and Voldemort be fuckin yo
    Finished it

Yea that was fucking bad. Not Disney Star Wars levels of bad. But really fuckin bad. JK Rowling should never have given her blessing for this
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    She helped write it unfortunately. Shit sucks
    Yeah it’s not like a complete insult to the franchise like something like a Last Jedi but it’s bad. Not quite to the level people make it out to be, but still bad 
    She helped write it unfortunately. Shit sucks
    Apparently she just put her name on it, and didn't actually do any of the writing herself. But she still ok'd it and declared it canon, which is terrible on its own. 
    Dime2 said:
    Yeah it’s not like a complete insult to the franchise like something like a Last Jedi but it’s bad. Not quite to the level people make it out to be, but still bad 
    idk it's pretty fucking bad. 

Completely ruined Ron's character, and Harry and McGonagall were not far off. The writing is atrocious, especially the dialogue. It was like a teenager's Deviantart fanfiction levels of bad. The time travel lore is all fucked up now, and so many other aspects of the lore are ruined. And the entire story is just completely inconsequential and went nowhere. I hope if there are ever any future stories, this one is never mentioned or referenced again. 

I liked that Malfoy had a bit of a redemption arc. Liked that Albus wasn't a Gryffindor, just for something new. But that was about it. Every thing else sucked and so much of it made no sense. FUCK Voldemort having a kid too. And why the fuck is everyone so concerned with Cedric. It was just so fucking retarded. Harry suddenly has an attachment to a blanket he NEVER mentioned in the other 7 books even once? Like bro. It's so ass. 

Also how you gonna give Harry two other kids, and Hermione/Ron a kid and include them for like one scene in the entire thing. You'd think Harry's other kids at least would have been more important considering the entire plot revolved around their brother. 
    Oh God I just remembered the Trolley Lady being an ancient Lovecraftian monster. Wtf was that!?
    Lmao yeah that was definitely a thing that happened 
    I now have the complete Tolkien Middle Earth legendarium in hardcover. My brother started buying me these over the last few years for birthdays and Christmases. I hung out with him yesterday, and he gave me the final two I needed for my birthday. 

Been reading the Moonlight City Drive trilogy. They're books inspired by the Dog Fashion Disco concept album Adultery. The books loosely follow the plot from the album. Some of the characters are band members. Most of the chapter titles are song or album titles from their other works. Some of the dialogue come from song lyrics. 

It's a pulpy and sleazy horror mystery. With occult themes, and lot's of swearing, gore, and sex. Overall fun series. 
    I just read Tolkien's "Leaf By Niggle" for the first time. More than any other of his short stories, unrelated to Middle Earth, I found this one to be incredibly impactful. Astoundingly resonant as a failed artist.
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    If ween can get fans with their first couple albums then you’re just doing it wrong. 
    FLAT said:
    If ween can get fans with their first couple albums then you’re just doing it wrong. 
    Yea, we sucked and played shitty music nobody wanted to hear lol
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy