Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

The Last of Us Part 2 SPOILERS discussion

Comments

• Options
    MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,548 spicy boy
    Xeno said:
    SuBvErTiNg ExPeCtAtIoNs
    Literally the opposite of what I said but ok

Edit instead of continuing in another post: you're trying to reduct what I said into a meme but it's not even accurate. Based on how LOU1 ended, it is EXACTLY what someone should expect. If your post is about the end of LOU1, then you're arguing that in the wrong place.
    Im talking about the second one. Everyone expected a continuation of Ellie and Joels story, not making it Abby's story 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Options
    XenoXeno Posts: 21,010 master of ceremonies
    Then everyone is dumb and I'm the only big brain
  • Options
    Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,464 spicy boy
    I haven’t read one spoiler, so im hoping to move this to talking about the game. 

Warning...spoiler regarding the games first 3 hours. 

Fuck Joel’s death has me absolutely gutted. I knew it was a “tail of revenge” so i knew someone was going to die early, but i thought it would be ellie’s GF and we’d hav a Joel/Ellie adventure again. 

Had to stop playing last night. Full on tears. I knew he was going to die in this game, but it was pretty unexpected so early. Great story telling. 
  • Options
    fucking dead at all the memes making fun of this game. 

the sex scene ones especially. who thought that was a good idea? lmao
  • Options
    MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,632 master of ceremonies
    Anyone use photo mode yet?
  • Options
  • Options
    Im like 6-7 hours in. Just finishing up day one in Seattle.

while the game doesn’t have the same
    connection between Ellie and Dani as you do in the first game with Ellie and Joel, its still a pretty damn good game to this point. It still hs the ability to grab you and make your jaw drop i. Certain moments because you didn’t see something coming. 

The detail in everything is great. Gameplay is good. While its similar to the first, they expanded on it enough enough to make it feel new
    and fresh.

• Options
    Finished it. Oh boy 
  • Options
    EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,605 jayfacer
    Goddamn that ending jus got me fucking heated.

All that for WHAT???? For absolutely fucking nothing.

Couldn’t give a fuck about any LGBT agenda and the petty shit mfs are mad about. Reaction to the ending is the exact same even if every character is straight.

Again, WHAT????
  • Options
    edited June 2020

Let me start by saying, I couldn’t possibly give any less of a fuck about any of the shit the neckbeards are mad about. I don’t care that there’s a lesbian love story. I don’t care that there’s a trans character.

Make all of them straight and do what you need to please all those losers, and the ending is still fucking GARBAGE.

Initially, I was extremely irritated by having to play as Abby. Especially because her main drop off was smack dab in the middle of when shit was heating up and getting good. But over time, she (Or maybe not she, but what they were doing wit her.) started growing on me.

They drew parallels to what The Walking Dead always does, in the sense that they showed that neither side is “bad & evil”, (Or both sides are extremely fucked up, depending on how you look at it.) and that they’re simply a product of their environment and doing what they need to in an extremely fucked up world.

Abby was a good person jus like Ellie,  (Shown by how she eventually realized the whole “gang war” was absolute bullshit and that a good human is a good human.) and both were riding extremely hard for the ones they cared about and locked in a cycle of revenge. Abby has her father killed (And simultaneously the rest of humanity.) and so, on the same “eye for an eye” path as Ellie, makes sure she kills Ellie’s “father”. Both characters are simply 2 sides of the same coin. I appreciated that parallel. It was pulled off very well.

But to end it like that, after Ellie lost everything, and even finally settled down into her and Dina’s fantasy life at a farm raising a baby, only for her to put it all on the line again, then finally get there and be right at the finish line of exactly what her life’s purpose has been, only to say FUCK IT? WIT NO EXPLANATION? Nah that don’t sit right wit me.

And then she gets home and Dina presumably left wit the baby. So you lost literally EVERYTHING to this bitch. You lost Joel, Jesse, Dina, your baby, and even 2 FINGERS, and you get absolutely NOTHING out of it? And then jus roll credits.

Such a bleak empty ass ending and feels like some 13 Reasons Why bullshit where it had absolutely no meaning and no payoff and it’s only purpose was to be as bleak and depressing as it possibly could be. 

What a missed fucking mark. And it’s worse because mechanically, the game is a fucking masterclass and was still very enjoyable to play. But as a game that’s so narrative heavy and story based, that ending will never fucking sit right wit me and put a massive stain on it and made the whole story feel aimless. What the FUCK man.

• Options
    Final Fantasy 7 Remake still game of the year. Fuck man.
  • Options
    Yeah that was fucking whack. 

The rest of the game was top notch. I hated switching to abby, but when i found out she was the doctors daughter i got invested. 

I didnt care for the 4-5 hours with the scar kids either. But i enjoyed the game a lot. Stupid to stop killing people at the end though. 
  • Options
    I finally felt satisfied after all that struggle to get to the end and have ellie drown her. And bam. Fucking nothing. 
  • Options
    I get why it ended that way. Before Joel died, ellie was working on forgiving him. She was almost there. So her letting abby live is a symbol that she has grown enough to forgive Joel. And that she no longer wanted any revenge. 

But why draw it out like that. why go back after abby after 18 months. Such an empty feeling to just let her go. 

I get it, but i don't like it. 
  • Options
    i guess its was a chance to show that both characters finally have mercy and no longer want revenge. Like they have nothing left. But i didn't need that extra BS. 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    for about 1/2 of the production ellie was going to kill abby at the end too. They should have just left it that way.

part of me feels like they left her alive so that they could find some way to write it into a third game. 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Honestly the only possible way that they could end this without it getting convoluted and milked out as fuck, would be for them to discover another scientist/doctor that can develop a cure, and Eliie travels to go sacrifice herself for the cure. Would give her life meaning after she lost absolutely everything.
  • Options
    Yeah i can see something like that mixed in with abby and ellie teaming up or something. 
  • Options