Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

The Last of Us Part 2 SPOILERS discussion

XenoXeno Posts: 21,010 master of ceremonies
So I'm genuinely confused as to what about the spoilers has the internet pissed off. Is it Joel dying? The first game ended with Joel (probably) robbing humanity of it's last hope for survival. Did people think him and Ellie were going to go live happily ever after and people weren't going to try and get revenge/punish him for that?

Comments

• Options
    MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,542 spicy boy
    People are mad because
    >Joel dies
    >You play as his killer the second entire second half of the game to hunt down and kill Ellie
    >That character is rumored to be male to female trans
    >the game has a heavy anti-christian/pro LGBT agenda behind it, that pissed a lot of people off
    >the zombies are basically non existent in the game

Thats basically it
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Options
    Then there's the Naughty Dog drama in general

Workers overworked, afraid to speak their opinions because of SJW work environment, Neil Druckman - the new director - is a big time SJW and is blacklisting employees for disagreeing with him, they ran out Amy Hennig (woman who created Uncharted and Legacy of Kain) because she wasnt progressive enough, disgruntled workers leaked the game, Sony/Naughty Dog doing a shit job covering it up, Sony straight up copyright striking people's videos discussing the game and even memes
  • Options
    Is the pro LGBT propaganda the fact you play as someone who is trans?
  • Options
    And the fact that you play as the killer for the second half of the game was expected to me. TBH when I finished the first game I figured if they made a sequel you would spend the WHOLE game tracking down Joel and Ellie. It's the only thing that wouldn't cheapen the end of the first game, since it's the first point when you truly realize that it's Joel's decision and not the player's.
  • Options
    I'm all for anti Christian sentiment tho
  • Options
    Xeno said:
    Is the pro LGBT propaganda the fact you play as someone who is trans?
    I guess the main plot is you're fighting a homophobic Christian cult. 
  • Options
    There's a couple things... play as trans person, homophobe cult, lesbian sex scenes with Ellie and her gf. So ye
  • Options
    Sounds good to me. I thought you have been repeatedly outspoken here about not liking the first game in the first place?
  • Options
    This is all from shit I've ready btw. I havent seen the leaked scened myself. 
  • Options
    Ellie being gay was referenced frequently through the first game and it's expansion
  • Options
    Xeno said:
    Sounds good to me. I thought you have been repeatedly outspoken here about not liking the first game in the first place?
    I dont. And Im not going to be playing this one. But I like to stay up to date on gaming trends and all that. 
  • Options
    Doesn't make much sense to me that a cult would care about sexuality during the apocalypse but killing em will be fun
  • Options
    Xeno said:
    Doesn't make much sense to me that a cult would care about sexuality during the apocalypse but killing em will be fun
    Thats kinda the complaint lol. 
  • Options
    MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,632 master of ceremonies
    You honestly think Abbys revenge story is good? cause that shit is plain stupid and its worse when they don't even hint or set it up in anyway. You honestly expect us to care about some random dudes death and his daughters/son's quest for revenge against the characters we love? come one now.  
  • Options
    That's the thing. The first game's ending was supposed to challenge your blind acceptance of a protagonist's actions. The scientist he murders is an innocent dude trying to save the world. I understood Joel's actions but wouldn't have made them, and that's what made the ending so great. It's one thing to personally agree with what Joel did and another to ignore that this is what the obvious results would be and expect it to go differently.
  • Options
    SuBvErTiNg ExPeCtAtIoNs
  • Options
    FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,405 spicy boy
    People are mad because 
    >the game has a heavy anti-christian
    I mean those people can suck multiple dicks from the back. Who cares lmao
  • Options
    FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,405 spicy boy
    MC is right about one thing. Naughty Dogs churn is insaaaaane. 14 of the 20 major devs that worked on Uncharted 4 no longer work for the company. Big yikes. 
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    SuBvErTiNg ExPeCtAtIoNs
    Literally the opposite of what I said but ok

Edit instead of continuing in another post: you're trying to reduct what I said into a meme but it's not even accurate. Based on how LOU1 ended, it is EXACTLY what someone should expect. If your post is about the end of LOU1, then you're arguing that in the wrong place.
  • Options
    MC is right about one thing. Naughty Dogs churn is insaaaaane. 14 of the 20 major devs that worked on Uncharted 4 no longer work for the company. Big yikes. 
    Yeah I hadn't heard about that, that's fuxked