Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

2019 Albums of the Year

Comments

• Options
    DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Dude the new KSE fucking rips I love it 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Only thing I listened to so far this year that I like since nobody I really care about put out a record. New Slipknot bored me, Sum 41 was bad and I wouldn't piss on the new ICP record to put out a fire. 
  • Options
    EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I didn’t even know ICP still made music but please tell me you didn’t actually listen to that. 😐
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Episode said:
    I didn’t even know ICP still made music but please tell me you didn’t actually listen to that. 😐
     They do and I did. The last time I enjoyed one of their records was 2009. I've been kinda holding out hope after hearing alot of feedback that this one sounded like 2004's Hell's Pit which was a dark and serious record I enjoyed. Turns out the new one is nothing like that and it just sucked complete monkey dick and Juggalos are just delusional and can't handle criticism (I got banned off ICP's Twitter page when they had a tweet up that said "So what did we think of the new album" and all I commented was "Unbelievably disappointing). The last song on the album, can't remember what it's called, is literally one of the absolute worst things I've ever heard in my life. Like not just worst songs. Like if I'm ranking all the sounds and shit I've ever heard in my life that's one of the worst. 
  • Options
    MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,548 spicy boy
    Having a very hard time picking my top 15 this year. Too many great releases  
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Options
    Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,465 moneytalker
    Spotify says I listened to a lot of Tool this year. I had a 30,000 minute listening drop off though. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • Options
    The only reason I want Spotify is these end of year stat things 
  • Options
    Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,689 jayfacer
    Haven't really listened to much but most of what I was interested/excited for sucked or was underwhelming. Atonement gotta be my AOTY though shit is fire from start to end 
  • Options
    mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Shadow of Intent - Melancholy
    cattle Decapitation - death atlas  
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • Options
    JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,700 mod
    edited December 2019
    Rough top 20:

Wilderun - Veil of Imagination
    Blood Incantation - Hidden History of the Human Race
    Obsequiae - The Palms of Sorrowed Kings
    Idle Hands - Mana
    Spirit Adrift - Divided By Darkness
    Tomb Mold - Planetary Clairvoyance
    Baroness - Gold and Grey
    Alcest - Spiritual Instinct
    Lacuna Coil - Black Anima
    Dream Troll - Second To None
    Aephanemer - Prokopton
    Soilwork - Verkligheten
    Angel Witch - Angel of Light
    Cult of Luna - A Dawn To Fear
    Soen - Lotus
    Opeth - In Cauda Venenum
    Rammstein - Rammstein
    Dialith - Extinction Six
    Brutus - Nest
    Borknagar - True North

Post edited by JLRedWing13 on
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • Options
    Dime2 said:
    Haven't really listened to much but most of what I was interested/excited for sucked or was underwhelming.
    Like?
  • Options
    Dime2 said:
    Haven't really listened to much but most of what I was interested/excited for sucked or was underwhelming.
    Like?
    Guess I'll go with top 3

3.) The Nothing by Korn 
    2.) Fear Inoculum by Tool 
    1.) Atonement by Killswitch Engage 

I was excited for new Slipknot, Sum 41 & ICP but they all sucked dick. Though at least with new ICP I knew that it was autistic juggalo retards hyping it up and that it probably sucked dick anyway. I was legit hype for new Sum 41 and Slipknot and they both sucked. Though I discovered GFM this year and they kick ass 
  • Options
    And even though it's in my top 3, Korn being there is more a testament to how meh everything else was than how good their album was because I didn't really love it. Actually since I'm not important enough to have an edit button sub Korn with Hellyeah's new album (Welcome Home). That actually was pretty good. 
  • Options
    I really liked the new Slipknot and Tool, but they're not in my top 20 because I found so much new stuff that blew me away. There's too much good stuff out there to be underwhelmed. Dig around some metal/rock/whatever genre you like review sites and see what they're digging. You may find something you've never heard and find a new favorite. Happens to me every year it seems lol.
  • Options
    Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,464 spicy boy
    I listened to the new slipknot yeaterday for the first time. Idk if its that i just dont care for corey Taylor anymore or what but i thought it sucked. There were some good spots instrumentally, but it just wasnt for me. 

New Tool fucking bangs. Might be their best Cd 
  • Options
    I really liked the new Slipknot and Tool, but they're not in my top 20 because I found so much new stuff that blew me away. There's too much good stuff out there to be underwhelmed. Dig around some metal/rock/whatever genre you like review sites and see what they're digging. You may find something you've never heard and find a new favorite. Happens to me every year it seems lol.
     What I wind up doing is usually waiting til the end of the year and looking through you guys' lists to see what you have lol that's how I found YOB and some other bands I really dig. 
  • Options
    Im finalizing mine. I have a few I need to listen through again, but I think my top 15 is finalized 
  • Options
    FLATFLAT Posts: 60,591 spicy boy
  • Options
    FLATFLAT Posts: 60,591 spicy boy
    The new cld slaps too