Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The MCU/DC Discussion and Spoiler Thread

Comments

• MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Welp any chance of mutants just went out the window on this one 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy

I read an interesting article recently that basically was saying that non of the DC/Marvel movies even give a fuck about plot anymore, and they are basically just being made to get people hooked on the million miniseries that are on the way for streaming services. 
    What the fuck does this even mean lmao 
    Remember this? Lmao

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    Remember this? Lmao

F
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    The Harley Quinn animated series tells a more coherent story than any DC movie post Nolan. It’s weird how good it is. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
    Yeah, that series is a total sleeper hit. Way better than it has any right to be
    Welp any chance of mutants just went out the window on this one 

Not necessarily. We just learned Wanda had some powers before Strucker’s experiments with the scepter/infinity stone. They still have all the room they need to go any way they want. 

She could have been born a mutant.
    She could have been born a witch. 
    She could be a Nexus Being
    She could have been possessed by a being/spirit 

She was just named as The Scarlet Witch, but we don’t technically know what that means yet in the MCU. Could be simple title handed down like The Black Panther, or a magical being like the Phoenix etc. We are passed magic McGuffins and heading into comic book magic and multiverse territory leading into Dr Strange 2. All bets are off really. 
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    @MC you start WandaVision yet?
    @MC you start WandaVision yet?
    I have not. Ive been busy with other things. I watch TV very very slow 
    You have 8 1/2 hour episodes to watch before the finale on Friday. You can do this! 

Watching them weekly as they drop is half the fun. After each episode you get to participate in the memes, episode discussions (here, at work, with friends etc), theories, and breakdown videos. You’re missing half the fun watching them later. The excitement is over by then. 
    I still havent even seen Daredevil ._. 
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    edited March 2021
    You have 8 1/2 hour episodes to watch before the finale on Friday. You can do this! 

Watching them weekly as they drop is half the fun. After each episode you get to participate in the memes, episode discussions (here, at work, with friends etc), theories, and breakdown videos. You’re missing half the fun watching them later. The excitement is over by then. 
    I did the whole binge thing with Clone Wars, Rebels, and Mandalorian season 1, but Mandalorian season 2 and WandaVision I've been watching weekly. I much prefer consuming shows the latter way. Another big reason to do so is it's the best way to avoid being spoiled. People have no chill posting spoilers online right after an episode.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    I still havent even seen Daredevil ._. 

And you have all the time in the world to watch it (Worth it too, although The Boys kinda ruined it for me lol. Fucking Homelander)

WandaVision is much shorter to take in. It will be followed 2 weeks later by Falcon and The Winter Soldier, then Loki,  so you may as well get on schedule with us. 
    That finale. God damn
    Falcon and Winter Soldier in 2 weeks. We live in the best timeline 
    Im assuming next week we get some sort of WandaVision behind the scenes/ making of doc. 
    Damn, Marvel ripped off Wonder Woman hard. Isnt even subtle

https://www.gamesradar.com/marvel-comics-may-2021-solicitations/
    Snyder Cut comes out this Thursday. Whats your over under on it being 7/10?
    It’s still a DC flick, I’ll take the under. 

They might hit 7/10 but I doubt they go over, even on their third attempt. 

It’s a DC flick that DC didn’t even have faith in. Have you seen the shit they think is good? That’s the only thing making me have faith still. They put out things all the time thinking they are gonna be good. They usually suck. They wouldn’t know the difference between a good movie from a hole in their ass. Either this movie sucks extra hard, or it’s unintentionally brilliant. More than anything I want a behind the scenes making of documentary. Originally it was supposed to exist as a film already, then they went back and did so many reshoots to where I can’t even view this as the same original cut. If the first movie was like taking a test, Snyder finished his test and got a bad grade. Someone else came in and took the test, did better (in DC’s eyes) but also flunked. We wanted to see the first test. This is more like an open book test correction after the whole class failed the first test. It’s still not the original version. It’s the original version, edited and changed after 2 prior failures. Leto Joker was terrible with a capital Terrib. All of a sudden we get new looks for him. I doubt that was the original plan. It’s them trying to backpedal after the fact.