Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The MCU/DC Discussion and Spoiler Thread

Comments

• Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    I am a bit hyped for this Suicide Squad. Bit skeptical because I HATED the first one and didn't think Birds of Prey was that good, and don't like Margo Robbie as Harley... BUT... It looks wild as Hell, with some absurd characters like TDK. So Im about it. 

I have faith in Gunn. 

Glad you’re willing to buckle up and enjoy the ride on this one.
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    I get what they’re trying to do. I just think it’s a mistake. What they’re doing will distance them from their bread and butter: 8-15 year old boys. My son is 11 now, right in the middle of that group, and he thinks it’s ridiculous there are 2 Jokers and 3 Batmen right now. The grim dark shit has been problematic for him all along. They let everything revolve around Batman now, to the detriment of their other properties. They’re focusing on the deconstructions of the character Frank Miller and Alan Moore did in the 80s, completely neglecting almost everything that happened before. This generation of kids barely know who Penguin or Catwoman are. What works for Batman is often at odds with what works for the more-fantastical characters. It’s another way Feige understands world building that DC doesn’t. Marvel managed to have the main event heroes up in the film ranks doing the space fighting while the gritty, more realistic and violent characters got their Netflix shows. Marvel’s biggest knot to untangle has been the unfortunate obstacle of having some of their key properties optioned elsewhere. Now that most of that has been solved, we have another set of films to introduce all of those characters into a stable universe. Then you have DC out there tossing out all their ace cards at the same time with different creative groups, interfering with the projects. The Snyder cut has kinda accidentally created interest in a world they had already abandoned. Even with the tv stuff, they’ve already had to use Crisis on Infinite Earths to fix some of their accidents there. I’ll admit that it’s kinda interesting to watch one company succeeding and the other flailing like this. But as a fan, it’s difficult to watch DC miss this moment. Movie trends have ebbs and flows. What was cool last year won’t be next. Pirates and zombies were awesome 5-10 years ago. Not so much now. Comic movies will lose interest. It would’ve been nice to see DC have their moment, but the further they stumble along, it seems more and more unlikely
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    Agree 100% 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    dC iS mAkInG aLl ThEiR mOvIeS dArK aNd EdGy

Shazam is one of their good ones 
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    To be fair, MC said he wanted Batman to be more lighthearted LIKE Shazam, Aquaman, and WW, not that all their shit is dark lol.
    DC throwing everything that made Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Shazam great to go back to the "mature" grimdark edgy shit again 🙄🙄

Aquaman wasn’t great to begin with. 
    DC throwing everything that made Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Shazam great to go back to the "mature" grimdark edgy shit again 🙄🙄

You did watch the Batman trailer, yes? You did hear how they talked about Suicide Squad, ye? At least SS looks kinda wacky too
    Aquaman wasn’t great to begin with. 
    Aquaman is amazing. As good as most Marvel movies imo 
    I like Aquaman more than, say, Black Panther even 
    Aquaman was the meh-est movie of all time. Boring villain, boring background characters, weird pacing 
    Aquaman tried to be Underwater Black Panther and it sucked at it. 
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,721 mod
    Jason Momoa's awesome though. 
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    Black Panther had you in invested in the relationship between him and Killmonger. 
    Aquaman gave us no reason to give a fuck about his brother taking the throne. At all. 
    Black Panther set up the other tribes and showed how they were different. 
    Aquaman showed us some crab people and sharks and shit. 

I could go on but it’s not worth the effort. 
    Aquaman does what Black Panther did but better

Better fight scenes, better effects, better action. They did the "lost at first, but improved and won at the end" better too
    Because they took a random trip to the desert, just so happen to fall into a hidden temple in the sand, magically teleport back home and then go line some shit up with a viewfinder? What? There was no coherent plot.  Black Manta was basically wasted in the movie. It was a fun movie, but it was all wandering action and cgi and no plot or character development. 
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Aquaman does what Black Panther did but better

Better fight scenes, better effects, better action. They did the "lost at first, but improved and won at the end" better too
    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,790 jayfacer
    I like Aquaman more than, say, Black Panther even 
     Bro same! I found Aquarium man to be the best cure for insomniaa on Earth
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    I don’t like Aquaman or Wonder Woman

Shazam was fire though. I laughed my ass off when Sivana was dialogueing too far away and Shazam couldn’t hear him. It’s one of those scenes I’ve always wanted to see in an action film. I’m really interested to see what they will do with Black Adam