Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The MCU/DC Discussion and Spoiler Thread

Comments

• FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Obviously they're gonna keep doing MCU movies. Spider-Man comes out in 3 months and Guardians 3 is announced. But this is clearly the end of a story arc with the original Avengers, Thanos, etc
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    Well, yeah. It was pretty obvious a few years ago this was the wrap up. Gonna be interesting to see what direction they're going to take the MCU after this. There's so many possibilities 
    imageimage
    Google's doing a fun thing with Thanos searches if no one knew about it yet 
    imageimage
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy

Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Episode said:
    Idk how it didn’t live up to the hype for yall. Lived up to it and then some. That shit was an experience.
     I don't want to get too into spoiler talk yet for people who haven't seen it, but I loved the movie. However the time travel rigamarole could've been written a little tighter. That's really my only complaint. The beginning threw me for a few loops and the finale was insanely amazing. Still a great film I was just a little underwhelmed by how much revolved around that. That being said, I thought they had alot of great call backs without being to fan service-y. I legit teared up a good 3 times as well =)) it could be because almost everything I've seen that had time travel in my has driven me crazy but I did feel like that could've been written tighter. Specifically with the choice that one character makes at the end of the film. So did all the years' previous events happen? Did he let them? Did he choose to live life and just not stop any of it? I loved the ending to his Arc but it left me scratching my head. 
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    edited April 2019
    Dime said:
    Episode said:
    Idk how it didn’t live up to the hype for yall. Lived up to it and then some. That shit was an experience.
       Specifically with the choice that one character makes at the end of the film. So did all the years' previous events happen? Did he let them? Did he choose to live life and just not stop any of it? I loved the ending to his Arc but it left me scratching my head. 

***spoiler***

How would he stop the previous events from happening? He would be 80 around the time of all that happening 😂😂 also they killed a certain character so that stopped those events from happening in that timeline. 
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited April 2019
    While we’re on that topic, that shit was driving me absolutely nuts to the point I was going to start a spoilers thread to get yall opinions on it. It jus absolutely does not make any type of sense whatsoever no matter what way you put it. As previously stated, I was on acid for the movie, so the more it hit me, the more I went into a mental loop trying to figure out any possible logical way that that shit works and it jus doesn’t. Both logically and characteristically for their character.
    edited April 2019
    Dime said:
    Episode said:
       Specifically with the choice that one character makes at the end of the film. So did all the years' previous events happen? Did he let them? Did he choose to live life and just not stop any of it? I loved the ending to his Arc but it left me scratching my head. 

***spoiler***

How would he stop the previous events from happening? He would be 80 around the time of all that happening 😂😂 also they killed a certain character so that stopped those events from happening in that timeline. 
     But Loki escapes in that timeline. I see no logical way the character that went back lives it his full life with nothing going wrong. What about Hydra? Shield? 
    Not to mention didn't they say fucking with the past doesn't affect the future? He didn't even come back through the time machine which implies he just showed up in that spot at the time he knew the others would be there. I felt the movie kinda juggled it's own time travel rules at the end.
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    Didn’t live up to the hype. Infinity War was miles better. Didn’t hate it but facts are facts. No cap

I liked both equally
    imageimage
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    Movie was great, but some things sure could use some clarification on a few things. Maybe we will get some in upcoming movies. Anything time travel gets brought in it makes a mess of plot problems if you wanna go down that hole.

Dime said:
    Episode said:

***spoiler***

Hard to say how the past/future self shit plays out. Current Nebula's arc wasn't affected by Past Nebula's arc at all. Yet the currently broken infinity stones were. I took it as after doing what he was expected to do, he went to do what he always wanted to do. If he was already 100 years old before going back, he was 170 on the bench. It fits with the same theme of Tony and who he is vs who he was expected to be. He got to be one, then the other. Yet Peter went back to school and saw Ned there, so that part didn't seem like it was still 5 years after the snap that now never happened because Ned wouldn't still be in school 5 years later.  The timeline for Thanos gets even murkier. 

I'm just gonna go with the magic space rocks caused some time inconsistencies and enjoy it.

Pass the god damn butter.
    Movie was great, but some things sure could use some clarification on a few things. Maybe we will get some in upcoming movies. Anything time travel gets brought in it makes a mess of plot problems if you wanna go down that hole.

Dime said:
    Episode said:

***spoiler***

Hard to say how the past/future self shit plays out. Current Nebula's arc wasn't affected by Past Nebula's arc at all. Yet the currently broken infinity stones were. I took it as after doing what he was expected to do, he went to do what he always wanted to do. If he was already 100 years old before going back, he was 170 on the bench. It fits with the same theme of Tony and who he is vs who he was expected to be. He got to be one, then the other. Yet Peter went back to school and saw Ned there, so that part didn't seem like it was still 5 years after the snap that now never happened because Ned wouldn't still be in school 5 years later.  The timeline for Thanos gets even murkier. 

I'm just gonna go with the magic space rocks caused some time inconsistencies and enjoy it.

technically isnt the MCU in a alternate universe now? Cap staying in the past and having a full life with Peggy fucked up the timeline and it's not corrected like it was supposed be if he just dropped the stones and came back :-? So since that happened they can bring anyone into the MCU from x-men to fantastic 4 and so on because of this time change now. Idk how to explain any of this shit but I'm excited for the future lol
    Idk. Where to after this? I'm guessing Adam as the next main villain. I remember reading they were gonna be done with phases but I guess not. 
    Think Adam Warlock is just going to be for GOTG movies. From what I heard they are setting up Secret Invasion for the next Avengers movie. 
    That'd be dope too. Though honestly at this point idk if they should do another Avengers. 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Second viewing absolved a lot of the negative feelings i had toward this movie. That was awesome 
    Seeing it again Monday. 
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    There so many great little moments in that movie.
    Pass the god damn butter.