Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The MCU/DC Discussion and Spoiler Thread

Comments

• Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    Remember when Ed tried to convince us that venom was gonna be good? 
    Said the person who hasn’t seen it
    Early reviews are panning it. Keep gobbling Tom Hardys cock doe

Early reviews of DC's Titans are coming back positive.

Don't trust anybody.
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Remember when Ed tried to convince us that venom was gonna be good? 
    Said the person who hasn’t seen it
    Early reviews are panning it. Keep gobbling Tom Hardys cock doe

Early reviews of DC's Titans are coming back positive.
    Yeah, from fans watching it at a con showing. Totally different scenario. 
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited October 2018
    Well, I'm seeing it tonight. I'll send word to y'all and let you know
    That was something...honestly I can't say I hated it. It didn't pain me to watch it. It had some pacing problems for damn sure and that first 20 minutes is ripe with about every cliche in the book. It feels very rushed at points as well. There are scenes where they have a good idea or they're going somewhere interesting and they just rushed past it. Especially the main villain who gets the Riot suit. I feel like the movie would have benefited so much more from one more scene with him fucking people up in the suit before the final fight. I guess it's weird because I'm leaving the movie going "That was pretty funny" which I wasn't expecting for Venom lol not gonna lie though the fight scenes are all executed beautifully and there are some down right hilarious jokes (when Eddie gets in the elevator made me =)) ). Venom honestly was done well enough as a character. He's not great but that was to be expected. It's overall just a causally enjoyable flick. Still better than almost anything in the DCEU lol 6.0/10
    Also; 2 end credit scenes. But the second one is just a sneak peak at Spider-Verse that has literally nothing to do with anything. 
    Poster from NYCC...

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    Dime said:
    That was something...honestly I can't say I hated it. It didn't pain me to watch it. It had some pacing problems for damn sure and that first 20 minutes is ripe with about every cliche in the book. It feels very rushed at points as well. There are scenes where they have a good idea or they're going somewhere interesting and they just rushed past it. Especially the main villain who gets the Riot suit. I feel like the movie would have benefited so much more from one more scene with him fucking people up in the suit before the final fight. I guess it's weird because I'm leaving the movie going "That was pretty funny" which I wasn't expecting for Venom lol not gonna lie though the fight scenes are all executed beautifully and there are some down right hilarious jokes (when Eddie gets in the elevator made me =)) ). Venom honestly was done well enough as a character. He's not great but that was to be expected. It's overall just a causally enjoyable flick. Still better than almost anything in the DCEU lol 6.0/10
    But is he ACTUALLY VENOM? Or just some black slimey suit? Nothing about this movie feels like Venom to me. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    edited October 2018
    If you want it explained I have to get into slight spoiler territory. So be warned if anyone cares...

Venom starts off cynical and dickish but they try to capitalize on the Jekyll &Hyde shtick and it quickly becomes almost a bromance lol that was one of my issues. The team up and "I need you" thing happened to quick and felt rushed.

• NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    I enjoyed it. Wasn’t great but wasn’t some horrible film that many tried to say it was. 

Hoping to go see it tomorrow. I'm just in for some dumb fun and to see Venom fuck some shit up.
    Yo, I just wanna say, I went to Halloween City yesterday to look around, and they had mother fucking Miguel "Spider-Man 2099" O'Hara costumes for kids. Thats fucking L I T 
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    They sell the toys for that at Wal-Mart
    Im glad obscure characters are more easily accessible. As much hate as The Clone Saga gets, I love Ben Reilly and Kane and love seeing Scarlet Spider toys at stores 
    Venom was alright. Some good, some bad, some pacing issues etc.

Another free Venom poster (was hoping for some Halloween shit)

Yeah it really wasn't horrible
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    I'm paranoid to see it.
    inb4lists