Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Metallica

Comments

• FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Setlist is fine. Vocals and guitar tone just suck
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    Those 3-4 sound are absolutely terrible. 
    That new album is a fuckig joke. 
    You could have probably told me erik wrote the lyrics for it and i would have fallen for it.
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    Last few albums have been a joke

• XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Its not even that he sings different that bothers me. I get that after so many years he probably wants to sing the old songs with a different style. Its just the way he does it bothers me. It just seems unnecessarily forced to me. 

ill go see them again though once they Finish this album tour and start playing good sets again. If they ever do that again. 
    master of puppets, the unforgiven, motorbreath, one, fight fire with fire, wherever I may roam, and for whom the bell tolls is a bad set?

ky
    Jacob listed coheed as one of hos rotr highlights. Are we really supried he enjoyed the new stuff?
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Spit Out The Bone is a banger. Most of the other songs are trash doe.
    Ill fully admit my setlist complaints are unrealistic given how much material they do have. Its just a shame so much of that material is very bad. 
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    Jay on cock but can't provide facts

• SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    edited May 2017
    I actually think it's a little sad that they dont play almost anything from their last 5 (6 w/ Lulu) albums. It's surprising to see them completely ignore stuff like Hero of the Day and The Day That Never Comes. A lot of those 90s songs were huge hits. With Metallica, you can kinda see them pandering to old school fans. Its like a guy that leaves his wife for a hotter chick 25 years ago and now he's trying to get the wife back. Regardless of the level of quality, you can hear them actively trying to recapture their youthful "Metal up your ass" attitude and the fans that came with it. 
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,721 mod
    SkipB said:
    Jay on cock but can't provide facts
    >facts
    >subjective

SPLATTER said:
    I actually think it's a little sad that they dont play almost anything from their last 5 (6 w/ Lulu) albums. It's surprising to see them completely ignore stuff like Hero of the Day and The Day That Never Comes. A lot of those 90s songs were huge hits. With Metallica, you can kinda see them pandering to old school fans. Its like a guy that leaves his wife for a hotter chick 25 years ago and now he's trying to get the wife back. Regardless of the level of quality, you can hear them actively trying to recapture their youthful "Metal up your ass" attitude and the fans that came with it. 
    They rotated in a ton of stuff from their whole catalog when they toured for Death Magnetic. Load/Reload/St. Anger/Garage Inc./ etc. I think part of it is they haven't done a full tour of North America since 2009 so they have to cover their bases with the old songs. 
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
    slap said:
    tthey should do a tour of just 80's songs. would shell out money for that.
    they cant play like that no more hetfield cant sing like that no more

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

• That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    They need to play some Lulu songs \m/
    this might be completely retarded but i think robs bass tone specifically fucked with my ears last week, im watching youtube footage and his cover of anesthesia comes up and it started ringing in my ears even just from the phone playback
    edited May 2017
    also the ringing im my ears that night was the worst from any show ive been to
  • Me_Me_ Posts: 13,701 salt miner
    Tinnitus maybe????  Careful..I have had that shit for 5 years now
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    Wear earplugs
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?