Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Metallica

Comments

• FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Fuck you Jay now you got me irate. Its not even just James vocals. The guitar tones they use now are absolutely disgusting. There's absolutely no bite.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    edited May 2017
    Its like they're playing the old shit through Avenged Sevenfold's setup. No balls
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    i just think its stupid yall are on James's nuts like that. He doesnt not sound good. Maybe for a lot of people that doesnt take away from their live performance but lets not sit here and pretend he sounds good. i was super disappointed with the way he sounded when i saw them and it was almost 10 years ago.

• mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    I wasn't disappointed in the slightest. I realize this is not the 80's they don't play faster than their recordings and he doesn't sound the same. That doesn't make it bad to me, I enjoyed my time 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    And im glad you did. I mostly talk shit about Metallica for the same reason as i talk shit about maiden. it gets jay all riled up.

i even want to go to the show at comerica park just to check them out again but for me the set is so bad its just not worth the price. 
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    It was absolutely worth the price. 

You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    To me its not even about him not sounding as good. No one is going to be able to carry notes in their 50's like they dod in their 20's. For me he just tries to hard to actually sing and it just isnt appealing to me.

i do give him credit for going out and performing though. Hes giving the fans what they want. 
    edited May 2017
    Also jobe. Lol/agree. But a lot of the reason tool didnt hit the studio sooner was because of a lawsuit they were tied up in for a long time. They fought hard to remain in complete control of their work. 
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    True. But it also took a long ass time because Adam is a obsessive ocd fuck and Maynard seems to hate having to do it anyway. And based on how Danny describes his T-shirts on his site, he might have scrambled his brain on some really, really, really, really good drugs. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    Danny probably has blair run that website for him. Those descriptions seemed similar to his writing style. 
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    SPLATTER said:
    Danny>>>>>

Without a doubt. But here is the description of the shirt I bought from his site...

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

PHILOSOPHIC FIRE

FEATURES ELIZABETHIAN MAGUS, JOHN DEE'S SYMBOL OF THE HIEROGLYPHIC MONAD" - AN ARCANE CONFIGURATION THAT SUGGESTS THE KEY TO A PARTICULAR MYSTERIUM THAT WHEN PROPERLY UNDERSTOOD IS CAPABLE OF ACTIVATING MAGICKAL RADIATIONS OTHERWISE OBSCURED 'BEHIND' NATURE'S VEILS.  WITH THE LINEAR CONSTRUCTION OF ASSOCIATED SIGILS, THE HERMETIC MONAS HIEROGLYPHICA ALSO HINTS AT A 'DEATH-RESURRECTION' FORMULA THAT FACILITATES ESOTERIC GNOSIS. 

Say what now?

Pass the god damn butter.
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    That means it awakens demons you can't see, dumbass

Jeez
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    i just think its stupid yall are on James's nuts like that. He doesnt not sound good. Maybe for a lot of people that doesnt take away from their live performance but lets not sit here and pretend he sounds good. i was super disappointed with the way he sounded when i saw them and it was almost 10 years ago.

he actually sounds better now than he did 10 years ago though. if we're talking objective vocal ability he peaked early 90s and crashed hard in the 2000s. he never got back to his 90s voice but still.
    Idk he sounds the same to me now as he has since the 2000's. Basically like hes trying too hard. Almost has a whiny tone behind it. I dont expect him to sound like he did before he injured his voice but i dont need the girly howl at the end of everything. 

edited May 2017
    Its not even that he sings different that bothers me. I get that after so many years he probably wants to sing the old songs with a different style. Its just the way he does it bothers me. It just seems unnecessarily forced to me. 

ill go see them again though once they Finish this album tour and start playing good sets again. If they ever do that again. 
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,721 mod
    Lol what? They're playing less new material than they did when they toured for Death Magnetic. It's not like the setlists have been radically different all these years before this tour. They always play Nothing Else Matters and Enter Sandman and the like. You're griping over 3-4 songs in a 2+ hour set.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage